The 25th anniversary figures/vehicles

Cmdr_Y

I've spent over $300 on over 80 figures in the 25th anniversary line. I've gotten multiple 5-packs (thank you amazon $12 deals!) and I've managed to keep up to day with almost all the figures released this far.

But what do I do now? I've got all these kick-ass figures but I don't have much display space and nothing will replace my RAH figures so what am I to do? I have the same or equilvalent RAH figures next to my 25th figures and I'd rather see my RAH stuff. Though I really do like my 25th figures as well. Part of the problem is that it seems a little redundant to have both out.

What are you guys doing with these different lines of figures? Are any of you ditching RAH in favor of 25th? I know Toilet Monkey has said he's skipping out on buying the 25th - any one else doing that?

I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been feeling the exact same way! I'm having a "display crisis" right now, because like you, I will NEVER box up all my RAH. I'm sorry, but as good as the 25th figures are, they just don't look as good as vintage on the shelves. I've had to box up some of my newer RAH reissues to make some room for them, though (as well as a brand new, minty as hell Cobra CAT), but I'm still not satisfied.

I don't know why, but I'm having trouble making the 25th figures "look" good on my shelves. I think part of it is the stands, because they're so big, and I can't bunch up my troops as well as the RAH figures with the vintage stands. At any rate, people should show some pics of their 25th displays - I need some ideas here!

mmm... I have all mine MOC still ...

RAH is still tons better..... so I would never display 25th over RAH stuff.

so.. as of now.. my 25th figures have stayed in boxes

No problem for me, cuz I don't really have a RAH collection. My childhood collection went to custom-pot in the late 90s, and I scrapped my New Sculpt collection because the GvC/Spy Troops era was inconsistent, and the VvV DTC stuff sucked more often than not. All I have that's cohesive are my repaints from 1997-2002. And those have been boxed up for years.

So the 25th line is all I really have, and all I really want on display. I tossed my display stands in a box. The figures have enough articulation to stand on their own, the stands aren't necessary at all.

Don't own any RAH. They didn't look appealing enough for me to buy back then so I devoted all my dollars to TFs and misc other '80s toy properties.

That guy who won a GI Joe figure of himself and tour through the facilities heard that various large vehicles (like the Flagg) will never be re-issued or redone again since the cost has become impossibly prohibitive. The reasoning sounds like it'd apply to any large vehicle, though not sure where the suits start to draw the line. The general success of the 25th line does help majorly though, so let's hope..

the 25th stands is the only thing i really just do not like not only are they to big it has the name of them on it and i dont know why but i hate that. the star wars stands were similler and i ditched them i just hope that one of the companys that sculpt and cast make a decent stand there was some companty that made some round ones that were ok for starwars but i dont remeber their name

the 25th stands is the only thing i really just do not like not only are they to big it has the name of them on it and i dont know why but i hate that. the star wars stands were similler and i ditched them i just hope that one of the companys that sculpt and cast make a decent stand there was some companty that made some round ones that were ok for starwars but i dont remeber their name

It doesn't help that they use the old "Agent Scarlett" or "Sgt. Stalker" crap. I know there are trademark issues, but if they're all going to say "Code Name so-and-so", isn't that just as good as "Agent" or whatever?

Then, of course, there's the issue that they just don't really work well.

One of the problems with the SW stands, also, was that they didn't look consistent. So far the GI Joe ones are, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't last... At any rate, I'd like to get those clear round ones they have for vintage GI Joe and Star Wars figures, but I hear they don't have any that work with the foot holes of the 25th figures.

• 1 month later...

I have display issues too. I have all the 25th figures minus the 2 PDD's and I have all the singles MOC. The 5-pack fig's, comic packs and a few of the singles I have loose also. Right now, some of the 25th are displayed with some ARAH Joes and on my Star Wars shelf.

I've got five loose figures on display; 25th Anniversary Version 2 Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Beachhead, and a GvsC Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow. So I'm good. (lol) (What can I say? I'm starting over...)

So far I display mine seperate, azlthough, I might put them side by side (RAH and 25th) according to character. When or if I buy the Target vehicles, I'll probably keep the vehicles with my RAH vehicles or put away or misb.

I have packed away my RAH vehicles and figures and have opened 1 joe 5 pack and legion 5 pack to display the loose figures on my shelf and the rest of the carded figures are going on my wall.(I'm not opening my carded figures except for the v1 CC when I get him)

It's the design of the cards that brings me back to 1982 and I get the same effect from the 25th as I would the original figures.(so it was easy for me to trade up)

Although it would be nice to have enough space to display everything lol

I only have two RAH figures from my childhood. Storm Shadow, and Countdown. Poor old Storm Shadow was one of my earliest action figures... His joints ara so loose, he can't even stand on his own. I have him sitting on a miniature throne. But I don't display him, he's inside a drawer.

I recently bought the 25th Storm Shadow on Ebay, the one with the hood. I haven't received it yet, but I'm really excited! I even bought Torch, because he looked so badass.

Oh, and I'm excited about the new Wild Bill figure too!

Yup. I am in the same boat... the Joe Collecting started LATE last summer, and since then I have almost all of the RAH figs from 82-92.....Many nights on the bay and lots of cash later.......then I found the 2th line....and was like, I need to make at lease one shelf for these guys.... .as I love the RAH and I only had them up for a few months....but I to love the new 25th line and YES...I boxed up the RAH stuff and display only 25th...and some CARS toys as well.....but for now I will have to wait to reshelv the older Joes...

Guys I've got figure stands that are available and they are made from injection molded plastic. The have 2 pegs on them one that fits the new Joes/Star Wars dudes and the old RAH/VvsV/JvsC figures. I tossed a couple in with an part that Cmdr Y needed. They work pretty well and are small and round. I sell em for 15 cents. Here's a pic:

figurestands.jpg

Just pm me if u guys need any. I feel the same way about the fugre stands being huge and I've got the same problem when it comes to space issues with these things.

Though I would love to see some cool new 25th Anniversary vehicles, I don't really have the room to display vehciles with the figures. Right now I uses these cool wall shelves to show off my 25th Anniversary Joes, which are the only Joes I have out at the moment. Here are some pics I snapped:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Display space is also an issue for me, but I have these two floating glass cabinet displays you can buy from Ikea where I separate my ARAH and 25A collections:

Here's my ARAH display with my first G.I. Joe figures MOC:

IMG_1110.jpg

And on the opposite wall here is my 25A display:

IMG_1109.jpg

It's constantly being changed whenever I feel like displaying other MOC in the acrylic cases. I'm proud to say that I own every single card release of 25A (incl. gold destro and yellow stalker) but I dont know for how long I can keep the variants-hunting up. As for my other MOC figures...they're in a bin for now:

IMG_1111.jpg

Display space is also an issue for me, but I have these two floating glass cabinet displays you can buy from Ikea where I separate my ARAH and 25A collections

I've got these as well, these are great, I corner mounted mine in my Toy room.

Jay, like your shelves as well. Are they from Ikea too?

Display space is also an issue for me, but I have these two floating glass cabinet displays you can buy from Ikea where I separate my ARAH and 25A collections

I've got these as well, these are great, I corner mounted mine in my Toy room.

Jay, like your shelves as well. Are they from Ikea too?

They weren't from Ikea, my wife had ordered them from a catalog to use for something else which we didn't end up doing, but thought they would make for great figure display shelves. I'll have to try and find the catalog we got them from.

Guys I've got figure stands that are available and they are made from injection molded plastic. The have 2 pegs on them one that fits the new Joes/Star Wars dudes and the old RAH/VvsV/JvsC figures. I tossed a couple in with an part that Cmdr Y needed. They work pretty well and are small and round. I sell em for 15 cents. Here's a pic:

Just pm me if u guys need any. I feel the same way about the fugre stands being huge and I've got the same problem when it comes to space issues with these things.

Those stands work really great by the way. And just to throw out an endorsement - Gunzz was great to deal with.