Genosha and the x-men(Danger Figure)

oracleip

I picked up Danger about a month ago and just recently picked up the Dangerous trade. Personally after reading the story again I think Danger was an awesome opponent for the X-men. The story was great and the battles were awesome especially with Xavier. Glad they made the figure, and can't wait for astonishing Beast!!!!

Can anyone tell me the story line in which that giant three- headed sentinel attacks genosha. Was that story as good as this one? thanks

Okay so the story arc is only a few years old, so then is new x-men by grant morrison, worth picking up and if so what is a good trade.

What was the purpose of New x-men, is it just another new take by a different writer on x-men, because the phoenix story is told again, is it not? I read in a synopsis that xavier annouces he is a mutant isn't this already known, Im confused.

Can anyone tell me the story line in which that giant three- headed sentinel attacks genosha. Was that story as good as this one? thanks

is that the same three faced six armed tri-sentinel that spidey evaporated when he had the captain universe power in amazing 329?

I think the Genosha sentinel was inspired by the Tri-Sentinel, but they're unrelated. I believe it was a Wild Sentinel.

Yeah, Amazing Spider-Man predated 'E for Extinction' by several years.

(If anyone's unfamiliar with "Wild Sentinels," it refers to Sentinels that gained the ability to build themselves out of whatever machinery or scrap was around, thanks to Cassandra Nova.)

is that the same three faced six armed tri-sentinel that spidey evaporated when he had the captain universe power in amazing 329?

I think the Genosha sentinel was inspired by the Tri-Sentinel, but they're unrelated. I believe it was a Wild Sentinel.

Yeah, Amazing Spider-Man predated 'E for Extinction' by several years.

(If anyone's unfamiliar with "Wild Sentinels," it refers to Sentinels that gained the ability to build themselves out of whatever machinery or scrap was around, thanks to Cassandra Nova.)

Wow n00blets, the Sentinel that Spidey fought YEARS ago when he had the Captain Universe was the Tri-Sentinel. This particular Sentinel had nothing to do with anything X-related besides the fact that it was a Sentinel (or in this case, 3 fused Sentinels).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Sentinel

As far as Grant Morrison's X-Men run... didnt quite cut the mustard for me. Seemed like he wanted to make so many drastic changes and so many oh-#$@# moments in the books that it just messed everything up that it took the following writers months to clean up. I HATE Frank Quitely's artwork with a passion as well, which took away from Morrison's shitty stories as well. I cannot understand why ANYONE thinks he is a good artist. I would have to say that they are my least favorite team of writer/artist on X-Men for the almost 20 years Ive been reading them for.

I've never understood how anyone could like Morrison's version of the X-men. He turned Beast into a kitty cat. Killed Jean and put Emma with Scott. Made Jean and Logan kiss. Rewrote Xavier's history and introduced a slew of crappy characters. Beak, the new angel, Cassandra Nova, Cuckoos, and worst of all Xorn.

But I know there are those out there that lap that stuff up with a spoon so read through it in the bookstore before making your mind up.

Personally I'll take the old Gold and Blue Strike Team stories any day.

Well, seeing as none of you have very good thoughts about Morrison's NXM run, I'll just admit that NXM Ombinus is among my most valued books, side by side with the first two Absolute Sandman and Craig Thompson's works.

Morrison was a change drastic enough to create a truly love/deeply hate feeling, but what noone can deny is that he made SOMETHING important with a franchise that was dying of boredom, I mean, the Neo? Really???

It's a pity that Marvel started to mess with the status quo he left in the book as soon a he was out of it.

And about the artists... there's o objectity here, we can't be objectives about somenthing as art, but I @##@@ LOVED each panel that Quitely penciled, and I can assure you that parts like "What if one of us had a dream you didn't like?" from the Riot at Xaviers arc or "Breeding darling, top class breeding" from E is for extintion will endure in my memories for a long long time.

Ethan Van Sciver was the weakest penciler of all, but I'm sure that was a matter of time, seeing as how he is outing himself in the Sinestro Corps War.

Igor Kordey was treated like a dog, giving him a merely week to pencil 22 pages, but when he had time, he touched the sky ("Jean is only the house where I live")

John Paul Leon, Leinil Yu and Bachalo did powerful fill-ins.

Phil Jimenez was the best choice for a moment as delicate as Jean's death.

And then, there's Marc Silvestri.

Think I'm gonna re-read The Omnibus for a while... see you.

Van Sciver is a kickass artist. Quitely's women look like bloated, nasty looking things. He should go draw for Heavy Metal or something.

Oh, and amen Jmoney.

Methinks the only reason why people like Van Sciver is because his pencils look kinda like Jim Lee's?! But, once again, that's the reason why Image killed the market in the first place. No original ideas, no unique styles and lastly, not honoring to the deadlines!

I can honestly say that th only reason why I picked up the New X-Men was because of Morrison/Quitely team.I had bee reading X-Men since 85' and I needed something new... sue me?! But it seems that as soon as the run was over it went back to the same old, same old; Introduce Bad Guy, fight, explanation, Bad Guy revisited, Large Fight! every arc.

Emma's destruction/reconstruction was brilliant. As was the Quinton Quire storyline. Despite all of the hate thrown at Xorn, he had potential to be a really good character, and had the rest of the writing teams not grabbed hold of him, he would have remained an awesome addition?!