GIJoe movie rumors

Arbogast

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This movie doesn't sound like it could get any worse. Farewell, GI Joe!

Go ask EVERY SINGLE Transformers fan if they said that about the TF movie before it came out. If they tell you the truth, they'll say "yes" they did. When people actually SAW it, EVERYONE liked it. EVERYONE!!!

I too hope for Roadblock over Heavy Duty. Who knew a poor man's Roadblock created back in 1991 would STILL haunt Joe fans 17 years later!

From what I can remember most of TransFans complaints were in regards to the LOOK of the Robots themselves......I don't remember people complaining about the storyline too much...it was all the Robots designs. The thing that made most TransFans change their mind was that the CHARACTERS were still there. Optimus was still Optimus and they were still aliens from Cybertron....and disguised in plain sight as vehicles in one form or another.

I see what you're saying but its not really the same thing. The characters don't have to look exactly as they do in the cartoon/comic cause its somewhat based in the real world.....and the military has different uniforms for each situation. As long as Scarlett has red hair and Duke is Blonde I think most Joe fans would say we're "Good to Go"

The casting is still a big deal.......Duke and CC will make the final call IMO.

For the record, I hated the way the TFs looked, then I got used to the idea. And THEN I saw the movie, and it was terrible. The storyline was crap.

No, not EVERY person liked it. It was boring and poorly written. The only good parts were the human characters.

If you go back and read my post I said "MOST" Transfans.......thats not all. GI Joe has a lot of things that are very black and white/either or........the team will be US based or it won't be.......etc. That will be a big deal to me.......I'm still waiting to see how Hasbro will handle that (I know they said the team will be working out of the Pit...but still).......at least Transformers was handled somewhat seriously.......Bay has a better track record than Sommers.....IMO. Bad Boys/Pearl Harbor or Van Helsing/The Mummy......In MY opinion the Joe movie still is on a very slipperly slope to cheesyness.

I'm not completely hating.......I'm just waiting to see a little more before I make a complete judgement. I hope the movie is beyond awesome and my head explodes from nerd-dom when I see it but right now I'm withholding total judgement.

I was commenting both on your post (about the storyline) and Yojoe82's post (about how "EVERYONE liked it"). I will agree with you that the TF movie was treated seriously - about as seriously, unfortunately, as Michael Bay can get, which isn't good. But still... ;)

I just read over on a couple sites that Marlon Wayons has been cast as Rip Cord..........the casting in this movie is really scrambling my brains man!!!!! I really don't understand this (For the record, I don't care that he's black) Thats the last thing about this casting that I'm going to be complaining about.........I'm completley baffled??????

Granted its all rumors as of now but still............I could see him as Big Lob......(I think my head just exploded from confusion)

I just read over on a couple sites that Marlon Wayons has been cast as Rip Cord..........the casting in this movie is really scrambling my brains man!!!!! I really don't understand this (For the record, I don't care that he's black) Thats the last thing about this casting that I'm going to be complaining about.........I'm completley baffled??????

Granted its all rumors as of now but still............I could see him as Big Lob......(I think my head just exploded from confusion)

I would actually rather see him in the film as Big Lob than Ripcord. If they felt the team needed another black guy why not go with Stalker or someone? No need to change the race of a character. G.I. Joe isn't like Marvel or DC Comics where they only have like 2 black guys and thus need to change the race of the characters to make it politically correct.

• 2 weeks later...

IM NOT SURE WHERE THEY R GOING WITH THIS DAMN MOVIE---------LETS LOOK AT THIS FOR A SECOND

1982-83 GI JOE WAS BASED ON VIETNAM ERA SOLIDERS MOST ANYWAYS

,AND LETS ASSUME MOST WENT TO THE SPECIAL OPS BRANCH AFTER THE WAR ENDED

---------ASSUME THEN ALSO MOST WERE 18-22 DURING VIETNAM peak year of 1969

MAKING THEN ATLEAST 31-35 at our realization of the JOE TEAM IN 1982-

IT JUST SEEMS LIKE TO ME THAT COBRA COMMANDER WOULD BE QUITE YOUNG-27-28 TO BE FORMING COBRA

I WULD RATHER SEE SOME ONE THATS CLOSE TO HIS PROPER AGE IN 1982 TO 1983 ---LIKE 35-40---ALEAST THAT THE AGE HE ALWAYS SEEMED TO ME -----SAME WITH

DESTRO 35-40,

MAJOR BLUDD 40+

BARONESS ABOUT 28-30,

FIREFLY IS YOUNGER 25-30,

STORMSHADOW IS ABOUT 30-35

CHRIS EVANS SEEM QUITE YOUNG TO BE A SPECIAL OPS FIRST SERGENT---

MATT FOX ALMOST SEEMS TOO OLD (PLUS EVERYTIME I SEE HIM HE'S JACK FROM LOST TO ME)

TATUM CHANNING COULD PULL IT OFF ----------BUT HE LOOKS TOO YOUNG AND LIKE A YOUNGER MARK WALBERG TO ME -----

THE RUMORS OF GEORGE CLOONEY PLAYING HIM ----THAT WOULD SUC-AGAIN -TOO OLD---------I COULD SEE A BEARDED CLOONEY PULL OFF ----GEN.JOE COLTON THOUGH!

DUKE SHOULD BE 30-35

SNAKEYES 25-30

SCARLET 25-30

ROADBLOCK 30-35

SO ON

MAYBE IM JUST BEING TO PICKY ABOUT AGES

I AM HOPING THEY ALSO DONT DO THE "BUDDY THING" GONE BAD THAT WAS DONE IN THE DAMN CARTOON-MOVIE---WELL ALMOST

THINK OF LT.FALCON AND DUKE THE HALF BROTHERS ----DUKE ALWAYS STICKING HIS NECK OUT THERE FOR FALCON----NOW JUST IMAGINE FALCON LEAVING SLAUGHTER AND RUNNING UP AND JOIN COBRA LA----STUPID

I THINK I HAD READ THAT WAS POSSIBLY THE LINE THEY MAYBE TAKING WITH TH NEW ONE---COBRA COMMANDE BEING IN THE MILITARY AND A SCIENTIST----AND SOMETHING GOES BAD HE STARTS COBRA I THOUGHT THATS WHAT I HAD READ AT SOME POINT

GIVE US SOMETHING ORIGINAL ---BUT STICK TO THE HISTORY SOMEWHAT ---THERES SO MUCH GOOD FAN FICTION OUT THERE ON THE WEB YOU CANT TELL ME THAT HOLLYWOOD WRITERS CANT COME UP WITH SOME NEW AND ORIGINAL LIKE THEY HAVE FOR YEARS

IM NOT A DIE HARD TRANSFORMERS FAN---ALTHOUGH I DO CONSIDER MY SELF A FAN ------I HAVE A BUNCH-G-1 TO NEW AND SOME IN BETWEEN ---SOME OF THE ORIGINAL CARTOONS,THE ORIGINAL MOVIE SO I AM A FAN,

I WAS PLEASED WITH THE TAKE ON THE MOVIE -AND THEY KINDA STUCK TO THE BEGINING SORT OF ATLEAST MEGATRON WASN'T A AUTOBOT FIRST AND WAS MAD BECAUSE HE CRASHED ON EARTH SO HE FORMED THE DECEPTICONS-I DO UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE FANS BEING UPSET AT CERTAIN THINGS BUT AS A WHOLE THE MOVIE WAS COOLTO ME , AS LONG AS THEY AN MAKE ME THAT HAPPY WITHTHE GI JOE MOVIE AND "SOME NEW FACES WITH SOME OLD"----X-MEN FEEL I LL BE HAPPY WITH IT-------

IM GONNA STOP READING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE AND IM GONNA GO SEE IT WHEN IT COMES OUT ----ILL LET YA HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT THE SUMMER OF 2009----LOL

DOC

Sienna Miller as The Baroness

Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow

Rachel Nichols as Shana "Scarlett" O'Hara

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Ray Park as Snake-Eyes

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Heavy Duty

Said Taghmaoui as Breaker

Unannounced as Duke

Marlon Wayans as Ripcord

this was on wikipedia, so i know that doesnt mean much to some people. ENI also says something about levitt playing CC. thats cool with me, i'd like to see him pull it off. so far i'm still really excited. but why the hell is ripcord in the movie & why is ripcord black when they easily could have picked another black charecter, like stalker, to raise the minority count. i also really hope that it some kind of sick joke by the movie studio that they decided to put heavy duty in the movie and not roadblock. i cant wait to find out the rest of the cast.

I know who will play DUKE!, in the new movie:

a guy by the name of Channing Tatum. an unknown. heres a pic

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0462590/Ss/...?hint=nm1475594

I think he'll make a good young version of Duke

BTW, this is news from aintitcoolnews

MOD EDIT: added title before merging with the rumor thread

Arnold Vosloo to play Zartan: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...4&Itemid=99

He'll definitely work.

I wanted Jason Statham to be Zartan, because of his martial arts training. Now, I want Statham to be Firefly. I originally had Michael Dudikoff as Firefly, because when "American Ninja (`85)" came out I was like, "That's Snake-Eyes," but he's getting up their in age and wouldn't be as fit as back then.

I got a feeling that when it comes to casting it's going to be back and forth. One good casting, one poor casting.

I THINK TATUM IS BEST THAT THEY WERE CONSIDRING-----------AND I KNW I SAID I WASNT GOING TO POST ABOUT THIS ANYMORE BUT I JUST HAD TOO

I THOUGHT ABOUT MY ABOVE POST----------

AND LETS SAY THAT WERE TAKING GI JOE FROM THE JUMPING OFF POINT THEN HYPOTHECILLY A SOLIDER COULD BE VERY WAR TESTED--------JOINING THE ARMY AT AGE 18 IN 1998/1999-------AND DOING SOME TIME IN AFGANISTAN AND IRAQ----AND THEN GOING SPECIAL FORCES AND SO ON----

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS HIM BEING TOO YOUNG TO BE A SPECIAL OPS FIRST SGT.

BUT AGE ASIDE ----HE ALEAST LOOKS THE PART.

DOC

I really don't know how they are going about casting this thing???? Just from past movie experiences it seems like Vosloo would steal the scene as Zartan.....this guy is usually great in everything he does. I just don't see the 3rd Rock kid telling Imhotep/Zartan to shut up.......and doing it convincingly. Vosloo was a badass as Imhotep......and I don't see it being any different as Zartan.

It just seems like they are going very young for the Joe team......for some reason I can see Snake-Eyes being the "guardian angel" type character for the younger Joes. The casting is still hit or miss with me though. The ages are all over for this thing????

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...0&Itemid=99

Destro Cast according to IESB. there is a pic of the guy at the bottom....not too bad...shakespearan actor...impressive

this along with Hama being creative consultant....Dennis Quaid, ray park......looks good to me