GIJoe movie rumors

Arbogast

Is that other site which shall not be named in the "Tank" with this film? They sure as Hell are protective of it! The mods and admin constantly and almost obsessively come down on any negative criticism or jabs.

Subtle..... :D

I'm being serious.

I don't know if this is generally known or has been widely discussed, but as a casual observer, it sure seems to me as though they have some sort of promotional deal with the film worked out over there. I know at least one of the top dogs over there has claimed to read the script and always praises it to the skies!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that other site which shall not be named in the "Tank" with this film? They sure as Hell are protective of it! The mods and admin constantly and almost obsessively come down on any negative criticism or jabs.

Subtle..... :D

I'm being serious.

I don't know if this is generally known or has been widely discussed, but as a casual observer, it sure seems to me as though they have some sort of promotional deal with the film worked out over there. I know at least one of the top dogs over there has claimed to read the script and always praises it to the skies!

Lol! I was refering to this: "Is that other site which shall not be named in the "Tank" with this film?". That's what I found amusing.

I'm on the 'tank as well and I never noticed any movie stuff, but I tend to gloss over those threads. Like the "movie rumours" thread on this thread that's stickied. I've looked in there maybe once. 'Cause again, I haven't actually seen anything yet. Just movie posters, and on set photos, and rumours thus far.

None of which is really anything of substance towards the quality of the movie. Show me some photage and then I'll hate it (or love it).

Well, the actor is of Korean nationality as in he probably has no idea what GI joe is much like how I doubt Hugh JAckman known much about the x-men before bein casted as Logan.

I wouldn't think the actor is wrong for not watchin the sunbow version of GIJ especially how Storm Shadow appearance is very simplistic; Ninja speaks in stereotypical accent, talks about some plan, gets assed whooped by Spirit and repeat. He isn't the only guy in Hollywood not to know anythin about the person he is protrayin

A lot of ppl who does superhero movies have no clue what character they are and knowin said character is not required if the big wigs said so.

If l remember, the gi joe animated series was very different than the original Hama marvel run. I am positive that the cartoon is not the infulence of this film, but rather the marvel book. With that said, I think Soomer said that so as not to start confusion among the actors on how to protray a character. For instance, would you want an actor to protray Cobra Commando like the non canon cartoon or the comics? Both act very differently.

Why in the Hell would he not watch it? I mean, how can you play an established character that you have never heard of or seen?

Much like how Jim Curry played the Mask despite not reading the comics or like how the director wrote the screenplay for Starship troopers w/o readin the book. Also, it is like how the Kramer guy in Seinfield refuses to protray Kramer off the actual person.

The bigger issue (as it has been from day one) is that Stephen Sommers has never even made a marginally good movie. I could care less if an actor immerses themselves in the past folklore of a character -- with the right script, it doesn't matter. All this movie has going for it is that Stuart Beattie (the screenwriter) has done some solid work. Sommers is a huge liability though, which will be tough for even the sharpest script to overcome. I'll give it a chance and I will reserve judgement until it releases, but the percentages are stacked way against this enterprise.

yeah, there is so much depth to the Storm Shadow character in the cartoon that it would be impossible to portray him without watching them. :rolleyes: give me a break. the fact that you want to then assert that he was told to also not read the comics as well reveals a serious lack of rationale on your part because you have to make up arguments against them just to validate your position.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hey guys, I was reading the interview (on a site that shall remain nameless so as to not invoke a flame war) with actor Lee Byung-Hun who is playing Storm Shadow.

Oh you mean that site that took the interview from IGN and reposted it on their own site without even giving an actual link back to IGN for posting the interview site and then likes to claim they break all the news themselves site?????? Maybe next time if you just quote the actual source of the news you won't have to speak in code about where you saw it, just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome, I like the Mr. Echo casting.

I'm not crazy about Heavy Duty. Basically a weak knock-off of Roadblock.

They really need to re-think that one.

I hope this really is true. I think this would be a great movie. I so happy to see my childhood come back alive in these movies.. Next up thunder cats.. And a better He Man Masters of the universe

• 1 month later...