GIJoe movie rumors

Arbogast

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to keep jumping to conclusions about stuff regarding this movie........but if they are trying to make most of the Cobra's be former Joe's that will be really lame.

I'm still trying to keep an open mind about it cause yelling about stuff on forums isn't going to change anything......but I wish I knew what she was doing there??? He hair doesn't look anything like a wig at all.....plus I've seen her in awards shows and stuff with no black hair recently???

Errrgghhhhh.......I hate movie speculation!!!!! @jump#

Drives me crazy.....

The picture is from this site. http://www.jfxonline.com/

They have also added some pics of Duke.

It looks to me like the Baroness is at a funeral for someone she knew, a brother or boyfirend maybe. I bet the death causes her to join Cobra where she changes her hair color. This could very well be showing her origin and be taking place in the past.

Personally I think that Levitt guy is WAY too young to play Cobra Commander! Anyone ever seen a 26 Year old General before? In the cartoon he's really a snake. But since this is a real movie they should just have gotten a no-namer; put the commander mask either hood or battle helmet and provided a "dubbed voice" like Darth Vader in Star Wars. If Lucas can pull that trick out of his hat then this director filming this has the ability and technology to do it. Also maybe if they provided a device to make the character sound raspy or snake-like that would be kind of interesting as well. Other than that they should have picked someone a lot older. They got Dennis Quaid as HAWK.

Maybe he will have a mask or helmet on the whole time and it could be he does a very good Cobra Commander voice.

It's not like Levitt is going to be riding around on a Big Wheel shooting a squirt gun throughout the whole film, unmasked.

• 3 weeks later...

That's an awesome pic!!! I was hoping to see his signature sword, but oh well. :)

I downloaded the pic and lightened it up to see more detail in it:

SE-movie.jpg

I actually kind of wish they'd gone with commando Snake Eyes but this looks kinda cool

That is tres cool. I have confidence in this movie now.

I just swiped this off of the superherohype boards. this was swiped off of latino review but then it was removed from latino review

MASSIVE SPOILER TERRITORY!

I HAVE RECENTLY COME UNDER REX LEE/THE DOCTOR/COBRA COMMANDER’S MIND CONTROL THROUGH THE NANOMITES BEHIND THE INCISION SCAR OF MY RIGHT EAR JUST LIKE ANA LEWIS AKA THE BARONESS AKA COBRA COMMANDER’S SISTER IN THE MOVIE!

IN OTHER WORDS EL MAYIMBE IS NOW A MEMBER OF THE DIABOLICAL COBRA ORGANIZATION!

I’VE GONE ROGUE COURTESY OF AMY POWELL, THE SR VP OF INTERACTIVE MARKETING OVER AT PARAMOUNT!

SO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE HUH?!

WHICH GIJOE ACTUALLY DIES? HOW?

COVERGIRL GETS IMPALED BY STORM SHADOW’S KATANA BLADE WHEN SHE ENTERS HAWK’S STATEROOM. STORM SHADOW THEN STABS HAWK IN THE GUT PARALYZING HIM.

WHO DOES ZARTAN CLONE?

THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT THE END OF THE MOVIE THERFORE LEAVING IT WIDE OPEN FOR THE SEQUEL! ZARTAN SPENT 18 MONTHS STUDYING THE PRESIDENT, LEARNING HIS MANNERISMS, ADOPTING HIS EATING HABITS, AND LOSING SIXTY PERCENT OF HIS OWN MUSCLE MASS.

WHAT’S UP WITH COBRA COMMANDER?

DUKE’S BEST FRIEND IN THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE IS MEDICAL OFFICER REX LEE. DUKE IS GONNA MARRY REX’S SISTER ANA (aka the soon to be Baroness). REX WILL BE BEST MAN. DUKE PROMISES ANA TO TAKE CARE OF REX ON A MISSION THAT GOES TO HELL. REX IS SUPPOSEDLY KILLED OR SO WE THINK. REX REAPPEARS AS THE MASKED DOCTOR WHO BREATHES THROUGH A MASK AND BY THE END OF THE MOVIE BECOMES THE COBRA COMMANDER. THOSE JFX ONLINE PICTURES THAT LEAKED OF THE BARONESS? THAT IS ANA AT HER BROTHER’S REX FUNERAL. ANA THINKS REX IS STILL DEAD AND DOESN’T KNOW THE DOCTOR WORKING AT MARS IS HER BROTHER.

HOW DOES THE BARONESS BECOME DECOBRAY AND WHY?

SHE MARRIES LEON DECOBRAY WHO RUNS A LAB IN FRANCE. HE WEAPONIZES DESTRO’S WARHEADS. SHE IN TURN, DIVORCES HIM.

DIDN’T THE BARONESS HAVE FEELINGS FOR DUKE? WHAT GIVES?

SHE IS UNDER HER BROTHER’S MIND CONTROL. HAS A SMALL INCISION SCAR BEHIND HER RIGHT EAR. IT’S ALL ABOUT MIND CONTROL AND NANOTECHNOLOGY FOLKS.

ANY BIG TIME DESTRUCTION IN THE FILM?

OH YEAH! DESTRO GETS EVEN WITH THE FRENCH AND TOPPLES OVER THE EIFFEL TOWER! IT COMES CRASHING DOWN INTO THE SEINE. NANOMITES EAT THE **** OUT OF IT.

ANYTHING ELSE HAPPENS?

YEAH, DUKE GETS CAUGHT BY THE BAD GUYS JUST LIKE HE DID IN THE CARTOONS BACK IN THE DAY.

WHERE IS MARS HEADQUARTERS?

AT THE POLAR ICE CAPS UNDERWATER

HOW DO THE JOES GET THERE?

IN THE NIGHT RAVEN

DOES DESTRO WEAR HIS FAMOUS MASK?

AT THE END. HIS FACE GETS BURNED THAT THE NANOMITES FORM A MASK AROUND MCCULLEN’S FACE HENCE DESTRO IS BORN.

ANY COOL TECH?

YEAH, THE JOES HAVE MARK ONE ACCELERATOR SUITS LIKE THAT VIDEO GAME CRYSIS. MAKES YOU RUN FASTER, JUMP HIGHER AND HIT HARDER. BAD ASS!

SO NOW YOU KNOW!

Well this sounds like they are changing a lot of stuff around and quite frankly I don't feel these changes were needed. So the Baroness is an American (I assume) who marries a Frenchman? Come on! How could they make a G.I. Joe movie and not have her being from Eastern Europe? Oh, and she is Cobra Commander's sister? Why can't she just be one of his followers? Why change things around this much? I'm also not feeling this Rex/Doctor BS about Cobra Commander. And is it really necessary that Destro's face actually be turned to metal like that? Also, it sounds if they are borrowing some of the story lines from the Devil's Due books (Hawk crippled, nanotechs, etc.). I don't know. I feel as if the person who wrote this script only knew the cartoon and after deciding to ignore the animated movie just up and started making up origins from thin air for Cobra Commander, Destro, and the Baroness as if they didn't already have one in the comics.

Well this sounds like they are changing a lot of stuff around and quite frankly I don't feel these changes were needed. So the Baroness is an American (I assume) who marries a Frenchman? Come on! How could they make a G.I. Joe movie and not have her being from Eastern Europe? Oh, and she is Cobra Commander's sister? Why can't she just be one of his followers? Why change things around this much? I'm also not feeling this Rex/Doctor BS about Cobra Commander. And is it really necessary that Destro's face actually be turned to metal like that? Also, it sounds if they are borrowing some of the story lines from the Devil's Due books (Hawk crippled, nanotechs, etc.). I don't know. I feel as if the person who wrote this script only knew the cartoon and after deciding to ignore the animated movie just up and started making up origins from thin air for Cobra Commander, Destro, and the Baroness as if they didn't already have one in the comics.

This is their unthought out way of making things new user friendly, which fits it with the New and Improved Hollywood timeline, that makes it convenient for them to alter as they feel is needed. But doesn't count for the future which botches future timelines and gives them permission to further botch the timeline to their liking. Look at the timeline in the spiderman movies. gwen stacy was supposed to be first before mj, and green goblin was supposed to kill gwen stacy, but he can't if he is killed in the first movie. So we are getting a new modified timeline even if the costumes will be similar to what we are expecting. The people of hollywood (mostly) have to put their signature on a movie somehow, someway.

I see no reason, why they just can't cancel the movie now and save themselves from embarrassment and save some $ as well.

I see no reason, why they just can't cancel the movie now and save themselves from embarrassment and save some $ as well.

Because, going off the name, it probably will be successful, even if the movie is good or bad. Look at transformers.Thats a big name in toys and is from hasbro. Most people liked the movie and it was successful. There were several complaints, but not much from what I saw. A good name will draw the money regardless if the movie is good or bad . I think Streetfighter and Super Mario Bros did well even though the movies were bad. I'm not sure the numbers on double dragon but I think thats an exception. I would still like to see a good movie made about that, probably would need to be animated. No way live action can pull that off. Again like I said before, SW the Phantom Menace made a ton of money, but I think now if I had to watch it, i'd only want to see the Darth Maul scenes.

Now it sounds like crap and this is not what I want to see.

Agreed, but I'm not putting much stock in this "story". Sounds like a bunch of brainstorming ideas, not a plotline.

sorry, that's the movie in a nutshell.

Dang, never shoulda read that post about the plot outline. Oh well.

In all honesty though, even though it sounds NOTHING like the comic or cartoon, I'm sorta cool with it. I read dios all the time that mess with continuity. I never followed the comics to a "t" when playing with the toys as a kid. My biggest hope is that its violent and produces awesome toys.

I don't totally dislike what I am hearing. Cobra Commander's original filecard lists his secondary military specialty as "experimental weaponry" and he was a revealed to be a "brilliant young scientist" in the animated movie. So him being a former soldier/scientist is actually cool with me. I am concerned however with Destro having a possible hand in his "creation". In that old script that has been floating around the Internet for years it had Destro creating Cobra Commander ala Bison creating Blanka in the Street Fighter flick. I hope that idea was dropped. Cobra Commander and Destro has a classic rivalry in the cartoons and comics and to have Destro as Cobra Commander's creation takes away from that.

I just swiped this off of the superherohype boards. this was swiped off of latino review but then it was removed from latino review

MASSIVE SPOILER TERRITORY!

I HAVE RECENTLY COME UNDER REX LEE/THE DOCTOR/COBRA COMMANDER’S MIND CONTROL THROUGH THE NANOMITES BEHIND THE INCISION SCAR OF MY RIGHT EAR JUST LIKE ANA LEWIS AKA THE BARONESS AKA COBRA COMMANDER’S SISTER IN THE MOVIE!

IN OTHER WORDS EL MAYIMBE IS NOW A MEMBER OF THE DIABOLICAL COBRA ORGANIZATION!

I’VE GONE ROGUE COURTESY OF AMY POWELL, THE SR VP OF INTERACTIVE MARKETING OVER AT PARAMOUNT!

SO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE HUH?!

WHICH GIJOE ACTUALLY DIES? HOW?

COVERGIRL GETS IMPALED BY STORM SHADOW’S KATANA BLADE WHEN SHE ENTERS HAWK’S STATEROOM. STORM SHADOW THEN STABS HAWK IN THE GUT PARALYZING HIM.

WHO DOES ZARTAN CLONE?

THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT THE END OF THE MOVIE THERFORE LEAVING IT WIDE OPEN FOR THE SEQUEL! ZARTAN SPENT 18 MONTHS STUDYING THE PRESIDENT, LEARNING HIS MANNERISMS, ADOPTING HIS EATING HABITS, AND LOSING SIXTY PERCENT OF HIS OWN MUSCLE MASS.

WHAT’S UP WITH COBRA COMMANDER?

DUKE’S BEST FRIEND IN THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE IS MEDICAL OFFICER REX LEE. DUKE IS GONNA MARRY REX’S SISTER ANA (aka the soon to be Baroness). REX WILL BE BEST MAN. DUKE PROMISES ANA TO TAKE CARE OF REX ON A MISSION THAT GOES TO HELL. REX IS SUPPOSEDLY KILLED OR SO WE THINK. REX REAPPEARS AS THE MASKED DOCTOR WHO BREATHES THROUGH A MASK AND BY THE END OF THE MOVIE BECOMES THE COBRA COMMANDER. THOSE JFX ONLINE PICTURES THAT LEAKED OF THE BARONESS? THAT IS ANA AT HER BROTHER’S REX FUNERAL. ANA THINKS REX IS STILL DEAD AND DOESN’T KNOW THE DOCTOR WORKING AT MARS IS HER BROTHER.

HOW DOES THE BARONESS BECOME DECOBRAY AND WHY?

SHE MARRIES LEON DECOBRAY WHO RUNS A LAB IN FRANCE. HE WEAPONIZES DESTRO’S WARHEADS. SHE IN TURN, DIVORCES HIM.

DIDN’T THE BARONESS HAVE FEELINGS FOR DUKE? WHAT GIVES?

SHE IS UNDER HER BROTHER’S MIND CONTROL. HAS A SMALL INCISION SCAR BEHIND HER RIGHT EAR. IT’S ALL ABOUT MIND CONTROL AND NANOTECHNOLOGY FOLKS.

ANY BIG TIME DESTRUCTION IN THE FILM?

OH YEAH! DESTRO GETS EVEN WITH THE FRENCH AND TOPPLES OVER THE EIFFEL TOWER! IT COMES CRASHING DOWN INTO THE SEINE. NANOMITES EAT THE **** OUT OF IT.

ANYTHING ELSE HAPPENS?

YEAH, DUKE GETS CAUGHT BY THE BAD GUYS JUST LIKE HE DID IN THE CARTOONS BACK IN THE DAY.

WHERE IS MARS HEADQUARTERS?

AT THE POLAR ICE CAPS UNDERWATER

HOW DO THE JOES GET THERE?

IN THE NIGHT RAVEN

DOES DESTRO WEAR HIS FAMOUS MASK?

AT THE END. HIS FACE GETS BURNED THAT THE NANOMITES FORM A MASK AROUND MCCULLEN’S FACE HENCE DESTRO IS BORN.

ANY COOL TECH?

YEAH, THE JOES HAVE MARK ONE ACCELERATOR SUITS LIKE THAT VIDEO GAME CRYSIS. MAKES YOU RUN FASTER, JUMP HIGHER AND HIT HARDER. BAD ASS!

SO NOW YOU KNOW!

Can you say "plateful of red herrings" boys and girls?

That's good, I knew you could!