GIJoe movie rumors

Arbogast

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that was fast, nice pic, did you get that off IMDB?

meh, I'd say shave the guy's head and he should be fine....if he can do a scottish accent....since he was in macbeth...I'd say most likely :)

If Ripcord is flirting with Scarlett, then, I hope Snake-Eyes whups his @$$ at the end of the movie.

did anyone keep that hisstank.com script review? Id love to see it

If you go to Google groups, and find Alt.toys-gijoe ( the Sandbox) newsgroup about the 12" Joes......there's a post there about the review on the Latino site. It has a cut & paste excerpt from the review that you can read.

IESB Exclusive: G.I. Joe's Cover Girl Revealed!

Karolína Kurková

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...6&Itemid=99

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1081656/

http://images.google.com/images?q=Karolina...a=N&ndsp=18

Work's for me. I've always preferred Cover Girl with long blonde hair. It fits in with your average super model during the `80's; Kim Alexis, Christie Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, etc.

I would have loved for Rebecca Romijn to play the role, but Karolína will definitely do.

Breaking News: G.I. Joe's Destro Has Been Re-Cast!:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id= 4293&Itemid=99://http://www.iesb.net/index.php?optio...3&Itemid=99

Breaking News: G.I. Joe's Destro Has Been Re-Cast!

Written by Robert Sanchez

Monday, 11 February 2008

The IESB has received breaking news, a last minute change has been made to the G.I. Joe cast - Who to play Destro.

A devastating blow has been dealt to David Murray, the actor set to star as Destro in the new G.I. Joe film.

Seems he had unforeseen problems getting into the United States and wasn't able to get a work VISA in time for the film's start date of Wednesday February 13th.

Studio sources say Murray is a phenomenal actor with a great body of work and are disheartened that he was unable to get his immigration issues in order before the film was set to start shooting.

Well, although the higher ups were dismayed that Murray would not be able to play the role, what's a studio to do other than re-cast? Paramount Pictures has confirmed, the actor will no longer be in the film, instead they have given the role of Destro to Chris Eccleston.

Eccleston, a British actor, is most known for his stint as Dr. Who for one season and his role as Claude aka The Invisible Man on the hit NBC TV series Heroes. He also had a villainous role in Fox/Walden's The Seeker as the Rider.

Stay tuned to the IESB, your unofficial G.I. Joe Headquarters!

Chris Eccleston might be a good Destro. I hope if there is a sequel Murray will get worked into it as someone else. I had a good feeling about him.

Eccleston is taller at 6'2'' so that is a plus. Murray was only 6'.

Saw this over at Hisstank . . .

Latest G.I.Joe Live Action Movie Intel from Toy Fair:

*CGI imagery: Scenes of Neo Vipers in red costumes shooting rockets at the Joes in a battle scene in a downtown city!

*Duke & another team member shown in Sigma Style powersuits in a battle scene going through the city, battling the Neo Vipers!

*All kinds of concept art for vehicles shown! - Sharc & many others! All look incredible....ESPECIALLY THE NIGHT RAVEN!

*Destro's MARS Base Shown!

*A Firebat Concept (?) was shown

*Updated version of the G.I.Joe Polar Battle Bear!

*Hi Tech shown inside of a Command Vehicle

*Concept art of Scarlett's Uniform shown via CGI, and looked GREAT!

*Really excited about Cast & Crew, The entire team behind the scenes is doing it right, listening to the fans and making sure that a lot of effort goes in to the film! It's going to BLOW EVERYONE AWAY!

*Pictures of Baroness' vehicle shown!

*No one will be dissapointed with the updated look of the classics!

Now, I don't know about any of you all, but I wasn't really thrilled to hear about "neo vipers" and "sigma suits." Hopefully I'm jumping the gun, and these are just test shots jumbled together to give some eye candy to the toy fair display, but what do you all think about this? I'd really cringe if they start talking about Sigma suits. Though neo vipers have been mentioned before in relation to the movie, I really hope they're not in there. At least not in the first film. I guess I just have mixed feelings on this.

The mention of the Night Raven is nice. But what's with the inclusion of High-Tech? Oh well. . . I'm going to try and not look too much into this.

There was a report at Toy Fair talking about how the Joe movie will feature next gen military tech. They were talking about ability enhancement, such as faster running and higher jumping or something like that... sounds kinda iffy to me. I'm not looking for every scene to be "WHOA AWESOMEXCORE!!!" I just want a great military movie featuring my favorite Joe and Cobra characters.

I doubt they will actually be called Neo-Vipers. Rather the Cobra Troopers/Vipers are going to have an exclusive movie look that apparently is similar in design to that of the Neo-Vipers. I mean what sense would it make to call them "Neo-Vipers" if Cobra is just starting out?

What's the deal on Snake-Eyes?

i keep hearing suckage about how he's not going to wear a mask. Only sunglasses or something.

Man, I hope they don't turn this into some Bourne Identity, stylish spy movie.

it needs to be like the cartoon. Over the top characters, and storyline.