DC Universe wave 1 found at Los Angeles TRU

Cataclizm1

Nice!

But I hate the packaging! :S

Don't you open them anyways though?.. Why complain about the lil things man ?:) @smilepunch@

Hm they do indeed look nice though the only ones I want out of these are batman & both RedS :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on these boards for some time and I've always wondered why people ask for the UPC's? Are those who ask employees of TRU or WM and can scan inventory for figure locations or can anyone call a store, give them a UPC number and ask if it's in stock (or when it's coming)?

Little help please?

yeah, that's why. i use it to check on my computer at work (toysrus) and see in the system if any are pending on a truck, sometimes gives an ETA date so i'll know when to grab them.

I just found them at Target here in Texas. I will post the info to find them in the system at Target tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. I'd do it now, but my mom went home with the receipt in her car as we tried to hide my daughter's gifts from her.

An employee at my area TRU looked them up for me yesterday and they hadn't even hit the distribution center yet. I also emailed BBTS yesterday and they still have no word on when they are getting their shipment. So my case won't be arriving for me in time for Christmas. Of course I couldn't wait for Batman & Orion so I hit ebay where there was a seller selling them at $12.99 buy nows each with $5 combined shipping. They arrived yesterday so I'll at least have them under the tree. On a quick note I wish Batman was a lifghter shade of gray. Still it looks to be the best Bats to date.

Picture953.jpg

Picture957.jpg

Picture955.jpg

Picture956.jpg

Picture958.jpg

Anyone else find it disturbing that we're not even past the first wave, and Batman is already being given descriptors?

I don't think it's a bad thing. Certainly not an omen of MotU-ish proportions. I think parents need to be given some kind of reason to buy little Johnny a new Batman so naming him "crime stopper" is just another way of doing that. Seeing as how we've got three waves officially announced and there are only one Batman and Superman amongst them I think we're safe, at least for now.

College Station Target had the wave 1 DC Universe figures. I didn't get them due to bad paint applications and the packaging not being in the best shape. I told a local friend/collector and he got them. Someone else got the extra Batman.

The Target DCPI number is 087-06-0079.

Has anyone heard from BBTS about their shipment? I pre-ordered but haven't anything yet, and they usually seem to get things first if not very quickly.

I emailed them the other day about my preorders for DCUC series 1 & Figure Fighters series 1 and Jessica replied saying they've heard nothing as of yet...Hopefully after the holidays.

Modern appears to be the variant.

BTW, be careful with Red Tornado. I have waited since last week to open them, I pull them out today and Reddy's forearm is backwards. I try to gently turn it and it won't budge. I tried everything I could and nothing worked. Then the arm snapped in two.

I plan on simply using some superglue to fix it, as the joint is pretty useless thanks to the muscles and gloves rubbing against each other, but I really wish Mattel would use a different plastic. Superman, Cyborg Superman and Red Tornado make 3 of these guys in the last few months to have a joint snap.

edit: Super glue worked great. RT is still my favorite of the set so far.

This news makes me worry a bit. They hit TRU of all places. Lately TRU has been the ONLY option for getting DCSH. I was hoping that with DCU the radius of stores would expand a little and I would have a little less of a hard time finding the figures I want and not relying on my local TRU. It's a bit early to tell but it would've been more encouraging if someone found them at walmart or something first.

From what I've heard, Wal-Mart won't be carring the first set until thay see how the sales do for the line at other retailers.

That probably knocks out about 1/4 of the sales for this set right off the bat, so people better buy them where they can to improove vendor support.

BTW, be careful with Red Tornado. I have waited since last week to open them, I pull them out today and Reddy's forearm is backwards. I try to gently turn it and it won't budge. I tried everything I could and nothing worked. Then the arm snapped in two.

I plan on simply using some superglue to fix it, as the joint is pretty useless thanks to the muscles and gloves rubbing against each other, but I really wish Mattel would use a different plastic. Superman, Cyborg Superman and Red Tornado make 3 of these guys in the last few months to have a joint snap.

next time try the freezer for about 5 mins, this will usually loosen that joint up and also saves the paint when rotating or turning the joint, it has saved me on numerous DC Directs and Marvel Legends and here recently DCSH Catwoman ;)

next time try the freezer for about 5 mins, this will usually loosen that joint up and also saves the paint when rotating or turning the joint, it has saved me on numerous DC Directs and Marvel Legends and here recently DCSH Catwoman ;)

Unfortunately, I did. That is how Cyborg Superman broke the first time, but I gave it a try here as well. Of course, everything was OK until later in the evening yesterday when the right arm simply fell off at the bicep. I had not even applied any pressure to that arm, as the left was the one with the problem. Now I have a non-fixable RT and I hope Target will take him back.

I still maintain there is something wrong with Mattel's red plastic for these figures.

Found and bought the Batman figure last night, of course its staying MISB.

I liked the sculpt and paint job on it.

The others, I have to say Orion looked the best.

Dude could you snag one for me too along with RED I have a feeling I won't be seeing these here much like the DCSH lineup :( Still tons of those on my want list too HEH!

Scored the entire wave at Target yesterday....not sure I'll be keeping them all though. I think I might just buy the sat-era JLA figures, which means I would keep Batman and Red Tornado from the first series.

I think Red Tornado looks better with the tornado used as a stand instead of coming out of his fist.

Scored the entire wave at Target yesterday....not sure I'll be keeping them all though. I think I might just buy the sat-era JLA figures, which means I would keep Batman and Red Tornado from the first series.

I think Red Tornado looks better with the tornado used as a stand instead of coming out of his fist.

jase, how do you use the tornado as a stand instead of an attachment to the right fist, I tried this and couldn't get Reddy to stay on the tornado, thanks

Found and bought the Batman figure last night, of course its staying MISB.

I liked the sculpt and paint job on it.

The others, I have to say Orion looked the best.

Dude could you snag one for me too along with RED I have a feeling I won't be seeing these here much like the DCSH lineup :( Still tons of those on my want list too HEH!

You got it bro.