Is the Signature Series dead?

DrOctavius

Hope so... these dolls blow.

Some are good, some are bad. I thought the symbiote black spidey rocked and iron spideys not that bad, but wolverine and cap? Just not right. Neither is doom but human torch isnt bad

You got it backwards man.Black spidey and iron spidey sucked big time.Cap was the best of the bunch.

Doom and torch aren't signature series theyre icons. @pow@

Well, I bought them all (good thing so many people hated them, I was able to find them all for well below retail prices once the stores wanted to clear them out), but would have liked to have had those three as well. Especially Doom, I don't think I even saw the prototype for him.

sigfigs121707a.jpg

sigfigs121707b.jpg

I can't see how it could continue... those figures were continuously clearanced at everystore....

the lowest I saw them was for 2.48 at Target... and they had tons.

TRU had them all for 2.99 a couple weeks ago on sale

Thanks for that link, I would love to have had that Doom!

But, yeah, these things must have been a sales disaster with all the clearance prices (I picked up most of mine in the $2-$4 range) but some seemed to be around more than others. I only saw the Dare Devil infrequently, so I had to pay $11 (what K-mart considers "clearance" price) on the sole, dusty one I found and I didn't see many Wolverine's either, but that may just be a local or regional stocking difference.

Still, to me these weren't much worse than the Icons figures (of course, I bought all of those at drastically reduced clearance prices too).

Here is a link of the currently unproduced Signature Series figures. If it doesn't work, just search this site for "Signature Series".

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11048

Say what you will about the Signature Series, but that Human Torch is a thousand times better than the Ronan ML one. The translucent, fiery head is very cool.

Here is a link of the currently unproduced Signature Series figures. If it doesn't work, just search this site for "Signature Series".

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11048

Hadn't seen that dr doom before. Frankly it looks terrible.I like dr doom but this one is really cheasy. The famous covers one looks way better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

So what are these things like?.. Like what are they made of under the cloth?.. Are they pretty much like barbies with cheap plastic dolls with cloth on ? My WM has got in TONS & TONS & TONS of these for about $4 each

they have

cap

ironspidey

dd

and wolvie axm ( I think...)

So I am thinking of snaging at least cap.... but am not sure ... even at that price it seems like too much... I'm thinking of waiting for a $1 sale...

Well, I bought them all (good thing so many people hated them, I was able to find them all for well below retail prices once the stores wanted to clear them out), but would have liked to have had those three as well. Especially Doom, I don't think I even saw the prototype for him.

sigfigs121707a.jpg

sigfigs121707b.jpg

did they really make that many of these?.. Is there a list or pics out there of all that they made?

For some reason I think those were a different scale, though you are right those boxes were great! I've run across them the odd time & I think I've admired the box style more than the toys them self :D :D

So what are these things like?.. Like what are they made of under the cloth?.. Are they pretty much like barbies with cheap plastic dolls with cloth on ? My WM has got in TONS & TONS & TONS of these for about $4 each

they have

cap

ironspidey

dd

and wolvie axm ( I think...)

So I am thinking of snaging at least cap.... but am not sure ... even at that price it seems like too much... I'm thinking of waiting for a $1 sale...

sigfigs121707a.jpg

sigfigs121707b.jpg

did they really make that many of these?.. Is there a list or pics out there of all that they made?

1$?? Dream on man. You'll never see these for a dollar. The original price was 20$ and now they go for 3$,how cheap can you be.

No, they are based on the 9" DC Superheroes line figures that Hasbro fielded when they had the license before dropping it to Mattel.

The figures are actually better than the Toybiz Famous Cover figures, albeit without the variation in body sizes. The Signature series uses the same bodies at the DC line, and have articulated hands etc, and very good articulation overall.

The DC line had First Appearance version of Superman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Batman etc...... and were very well made.

I still have a few of them in storage.

IMO< at $4 each, these are a very good deal if one is at all a fan of the old MEGO line from the 70's.

I saw Mr. Fantastic here but he looks like turd!

You saw him in the new resets? Just him? Just at Target? Details! Pics!

At TRU in HK...

Were they not released at all over there?

arrow if you want any feel free to give me a pm :)

"1$?? Dream on man. You'll never see these for a dollar. The original price was 20$ and now they go for 3$,how cheap can you be. "

& the answerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr issssssssssssss...

Very very very very very very very

ect

ect

ect

ect

ect

ect

cheap

with the amount my wm got in it won't surprise me if they are marked down to a buck next time I go in :D

arrow if you want any feel free to give me a pm :)

Nah. I dumped all my Famous Covers once Marvel Legends came on the scene, and have been trying to offload their DC counterparts for a couple years now. The scale and format don't interest me anymore.

In fact, I'd trade them AND some 12" Hasbro DC superheroes for a complete run of either of two Legendary Comic Book Hero waves. Anyone interested can PM me for a list of what I have.

You saw him in the new resets? Just him? Just at Target? Details! Pics!

At TRU in HK...

Were they not released at all over there?

A Toys R Us exclusive? Hm!

No. I don't think Mr. Fantastic has been released in the States yet. Nor Doom or the Torch.