Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing1219

Bruce Lee movies

So I caught a bit of Enter the Dragon on tv the other night, and now i wanna see the whole thing, but is there anywhere else i should start with bruce lee movies? i heard game of death was like 30 mins of him, and like 60 mins of doubles and cardboard cutouts. and theres a movie at walmart for a dollar called 'exit the dragon, enter the tiger'. so i was just wondering what the 'essential' bruce lee movies are

Well to me, they are all 'essential'.

He was really only in 5 major films so I don't see why you wouldn't want to watch them all if you are a fan.

They are:

1) Fists of Fury (His first major blockbuster)

2) The Chinese Connection

3) Enter the Dragon

4) Return of the Dragon (my personal favorite)

5) Game of Death

Catch them all man... Its worth it.

As for those dollar movies you see at Wal-mart... screw 'em. They are probably starred by cruddy-Bruce-Lee-Wannabes!

alrighty, since theres only 5, that makes this doable. haha i thought this was gonna be like john wayne whos in like 500+ movies or somethin :P

Big Boss (aka US title Fists of Fury....the full uncut version has yet to be found , it was last shown in UK in late 70s :(

Fist of Fury (aka Chinese Connection)

Way of the Dragon (aka Return of the Dragon....US version cut the humor scenes :/

Why couldn't they just use the English titles for the films in the US like they did in UK....the yanks always have to have special treatment...lol jk ;)

Hong Kong Legends did a great job on the BL films & good extras as well :)

I'm lucky enough to own original posters & also his nunchucks and a signed letter....not a bad collection in about 10 yrs :D

http://groups.msn.com/MovieTVmemorabilia/b...&PhotoID=50

1st issue BL stuff from Italy , Germany & Hong Kong is very very scarce if not impossible to locate , even for the re-releases....

I'm getting some BL posters linen backed , pics will be added soon :D