Something I noticed at TRU today...

JoeRhyno

So, I hit TRU today, out doing some Christmas shopping and as I passed the carts and carts people were toting around willed with toys of all sorts and sizes.. and one thing I noticed.. you know all those cheap military vehicles and playsets in the Joe aisle now(well, the military aisle as I call it now)? Well, I swear, almost every single cart I saw had one, two or three of those massive vehicles or playsets jammed in them.. I mean almost EVERY CART... I couldn't believe it.. and it made me think.. man.. can you imagine if all those were GI Joe vehicles... playsets.. figures???

So, I hope one of the things Hasbro does is monitor other companies sales of things that resemble the things they sell, I just couldn't believe how many of those were in all those carts and to think.. all those poor kids are going to have some crappy, poorly articulated lead infested crappy figure instead of some sweet, highly articulated GI Joe figure.. :(

lol.. I guess that means I'm gonna have to get one of those A-10s when Ace comes out(see what you did Hasbro???)

They know, Joe...........they know..........

What you are seeing is the annual Christmas toy purchasing binge--it happens EVERY year. Now, before you decry that statement as ironically redundant and obvious.......let me continue it a bit....

GIJOE, and most miltary toys sell really well at Christmas time.....and pretty much ONLY at Christmas time.

Which is part of the problem that Hasbro has had with GIJOE for .........oh, a long time now.

They want the line to sell well all year long, and top out at Christmas.......but its not worked out that way.

This is why GIJOE has been marketed in a somewhat timid fashion over the years, with not the same amount of "oomph" as it had in the early years. The buying habits just are not there anymore to support the toy-line in the same way.

Except at Christmas.

man I just buy whatever the retailers put on the pegs w/ whatever money I have on me at the time.

Lately I been seeing Cobra legion packs/Gi joe sets warming the shelves just sitting there.

Its still soo difficult to find singles/1st Cobra set on the shelves.

They know, Joe...........they know..........

What you are seeing is the annual Christmas toy purchasing binge--it happens EVERY year. Now, before you decry that statement as ironically redundant and obvious.......let me continue it a bit....

GIJOE, and most miltary toys sell really well at Christmas time.....and pretty much ONLY at Christmas time.

Which is part of the problem that Hasbro has had with GIJOE for .........oh, a long time now.

They want the line to sell well all year long, and top out at Christmas.......but its not worked out that way.

This is why GIJOE has been marketed in a somewhat timid fashion over the years, with not the same amount of "oomph" as it had in the early years. The buying habits just are not there anymore to support the toy-line in the same way.

Except at Christmas.

I don't have much to add to this, other than that I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the subject, Arrow. Very well put and thought out insights.

yeah.. I just hope they put a lot of "oomph" behind it in a year.. cause it'd be so nice to see a buttload of Joe and Cobra vehicles in those carts this time next year instead of some cheap toys that'll break in a couple months..

some of those cheap vehicles are more relistic and priced better then gi joe now most of my joe vehicles are those because of the relisim i dont think they are at tru but target has some that are awsome the only offical joe ones i have now are the cobra vehicles hisses and ringnecks and i have the rocc a night hummvee for joes other then that i have a mess of off brand humves and tanks

Lately I been seeing Cobra legion packs/Gi joe sets warming the shelves just sitting there.

This is exactly the case in the store I work at. Tons of 5 packs, but no single figures. (Which gives me hope that very soon we'll be getting something new).

If any one needs, oh, 20 five-packs, just let me know.