Dark Knight OFFICIAL trailer

Moshbot

Well, I personally don’t know if I’ll prefer him to Nickelson. However, I do like what I’ve seen so far. I can’t help but be concerned that he’ll be too serious though. I need a blend of frightening and funny. That’s what the Joker is and I'm not seeing much in the way of comedy. The Joker is not a clown. Joker is not a serial killer. He’s a serial killing clown. It's combo or no go IMO. Nuff said!

P.S. Even if Joker is more serious...I still don't think I'm capable of hating this film. I don't think I can dislike anything with Joker.

Well, I personally don't know if I'll prefer him to Nickelson. However, I do like what I've seen so far. I can't help but be concerned that he'll be too serious though. I need a blend of frightening and funny. That's what the Joker is and I'm not seeing much in the way of comedy. The Joker is not a clown. Joker is not a serial killer. He's a serial killing clown. It's combo or no go IMO. Nuff said!

P.S. Even if Joker is more serious...I still don't think I'm capable of hating this film. I don't think I can dislike anything with Joker.

Although I completely understand where your coming from, I have to say I LOVE what I see. Even with the stills and different pics that have been released I was still very skeptical. Not only with Heath Ledger, but with a new Joker. After seeing this, I now know Ill get to see Joker close to the way I always imagined him. Crazy as F**K!!!

Yes, I understand you think he should be funny. What I think your missing is what is "funny" to a manical, sadistic, cold and calculated serial killer. Murder and mayhem. Death and destruction. Thats what my Joker always laughed at. Gradeschool pranks of any sort? I don't think so. Blowing up a bank and "taking care of" whatever's/whoever's left? Thats more like it.

This all might sound a bit twisted, Im sure, but isn't that what the Joker truly is? Yes he wears clowns make-up and has known to be a practical joker(no pun intended), but the real Joker, the original Joker was nothing more than a sociopath murderer. A pleasure killer.

Jack was good but I can't help but feel some people only think he was the best because of nostalgia purposes.

Note that Im not trying to discount your opinion in any way. I totally respect your feelings on the issue and Im not trying to pull the "I am right and you are wrong" thing. Its just that I, personally, am very pleased with Ledgers Joker and CAN NOT WAIT to see the movie.

Just my $.02 @joker@

Well, I personally don’t know if I’ll prefer him to Nickelson. However, I do like what I’ve seen so far. I can’t help but be concerned that he’ll be too serious though. I need a blend of frightening and funny. That’s what the Joker is and I'm not seeing much in the way of comedy. The Joker is not a clown. Joker is not a serial killer. He’s a serial killing clown. It's combo or no go IMO. Nuff said!

Well he has to be menacing, I believe the clown aspect should be played down atleast for the

audience to actually fear and dread this guy. With Nicholson's Joker I never really feared him, I

was more amused and entertained. Nolan has depicted a more grittier Batman and thus his foes

should be depicted the same way. So hopefully it has that balance which I believe it might. That

being said I believe Heath IS the Joker.

See I think people saying he IS the Joker is a bit much. From what I remember, Joker is funny. I’m not talking about that campy 50's and 60’s era style when he was toned down and his schemes were more mischievous then they ever were threatening. I’m talking things like the Laughing Fish. It’s completely ridiculous…yet the things he does in defense of this absurd plot are horrific. Joker, to me, has to be ridiculous. He has to make jokes and puns. You can be sadistic and psychopathic whilst doing that. The Joker has been doing it for decades. I fear there is too much of a leniency toward seriousness…

BTAS Joker (AKA Mark Hamell) was the perfect blend for me. He was sadistic, psychopathic, and sociopathic...yet freaking hilarious and scary simulations. Whilst he had to be toned down due to it being billed as a children’s cartoon…I think Nolan would be best if they went with something more akin to this - just obviously more violent and adult (as it’s not limited).

But Nolan claims he went with the first appearance Joker. If anyone has read that then they'd know Joker is basically a straight up killer originally. There was nothing funny about him. That concerns me because the Joker has been a constantly evolving character. He started out arguably darker then he is even today, then he progressed to being relatively rather harmless (due to censorship with the comics code), and then went back to his roots, yet blended that comedic edge. That’s essentially what Joker is today in comics. He’s messed up…so much so that it’s humorous. He’s the essence of dark comedy. I just can't see this being the ideal Joker if he’s not charismatically ridiculous and cracking a joke here and there.

See I think people saying he IS the Joker is a bit much. From what I remember, Joker is funny. I’m not talking about that campy 50's and 60’s era style when he was toned down and his schemes were more mischievous then they ever were threatening. I’m talking things like the Laughing Fish. It’s completely ridiculous…yet the things he does in defense of this absurd plot are horrific. Joker, to me, has to be ridiculous. He has to make jokes and puns. You can be sadistic and psychopathic whilst doing that. The Joker has been doing it for decades. I fear there is too much of a leniency toward seriousness…

I don't think its a bit much for those that enjoys the Jokers more evil and sinister side. Although I understand what you mean about the leniency toward

seriousness, perhaps we are all jumping the gun to early. From the previews it looks like it might have all the elements we both like, although we know not everyone is going to like it.

BTAS Joker (AKA Mark Hamell) was the perfect blend for me. He was sadistic, psychopathic, and sociopathic...yet freaking hilarious and scary simulations. Whilst he had to be toned down due to it being billed as a children’s cartoon…I think Nolan would be best if they went with something more akin to this - just obviously more violent and adult (as it’s not limited).

Maybe he did, we will just have to wait and see. The Animated Joker was good for the medium he was in, but that would not be the kind of Joker I would

want depicted on film. Nicholson was close enough concerning that type of Joker. For the type of Batman Nolan created we need an equally menacing Joker.

But Nolan claims he went with the first appearance Joker. If anyone has read that then they'd know Joker is basically a straight up killer originally. There was nothing funny about him. That concerns me because the Joker has been a constantly evolving character. He started out arguably darker then he is even today, then he progressed to being relatively rather harmless (due to censorship with the comics code), and then went back to his roots, yet blended that comedic edge. That’s essentially what Joker is today in comics. He’s messed up…so much so that it’s humorous. He’s the essence of dark comedy. I just can't see this being the ideal Joker if he’s not charismatically ridiculous and cracking a joke here and there

You said he was constantly evolving, you must remember that we are talking decades of evolution concerning not only Batman but his allies and Rogue Gallery

so it would be rather difficult to try to explore all avenues of these characters. Nolan even mentioned he wanted to do something different and I believe that is

what he is doing. Nicholson potrayed a certain type of Joker and so did Hamil, this will be Nolan's take and while I don't agree the Joker needs to be cracking

puns I believe he would be amusing enough to pacify certain fans. The Joker's crimes are heinous and are normally funny to him, thats just how twisted he is.

By no means am I attacking the film. I rather enjoyed the trailer. I can live without the chemical bath. I just…well…want some laughing moments. I’m just worried we won’t get all that many…if any. But then, maybe I’m too worried. I think Joker will deliver some humor. I don’t really expect Burton’s level of humor. I get that being cut out. It’s rather gimmicky. It’s really rather hard to explain what I mean.

Mysterio, I agree with you, at least based on the trailer alone. I'm glad they're making the Joker seem much more creepy than the Nicholson one (which was kind of campy), 'cause really, Joker is a scary character. However, I see more of a psychotic serial killer here than what I think the essence of the Joker should be. He should have a twisted sense of humor and he should look like he's ENJOYING what he's doing, and that is what makes him so darn creepy. He barely even smiles, and the smeared red paint looks exactly like... smeared red paint. The tagline "Why so serious?" is a great question, 'cause so far the Joker looks much too serious. I have confidence that it will still be a solid Batman movie, but I'm skeptical as to how well they'll capture the essence of what Joker is nowadays or at least how I imagine the Joker to be.

I’m trying to keep the faith. For as large a Marvel fans as I am, I’ve always personally felt that DC was top notch. I explain it like this: Marvel has the vast majority of characters I prefer, much more then DC. They’ve got me in quantity. But DC has me with quality. Batman and the Joker remain my favorite comic characters ever made. Mysterio isn’t so much my over all favorite character as much as he’s my favorite lesser character. So naturally I’m going to be very particular with they’re done on film.

Batman Begins was, without question, my personal favorite comic film ever made - followed closely by Batman 1989. I always felt that the original Burton film was more of a Joker story then it ever was Batmans. So I was very pleased to see the focus would not be on the villains, but with our main attraction, Batman, when Nolan took the helm. Now he’s throwing them both into the mix - Batman and Joker. Can it really get any more iconic? You’ve got arguably today’s most well known and popular super villain and hero in one picture. That’s a lot of shoe to fill in.

So I’m just trying to keep hope up. I don’t think the film looks terrible by any means. I think it looks awesome. I’m just concerned with certain elements is all.

When I saw that the tagline was going to be, "Why so serious?", I was very pleased. It made me think Joker would still retain some level of comedic value. But with the delivery of the line in the trailer…it’s not said humorously as much as it’s said menacingly.

However, “To them you’re just a freak. Like me,” is said fairly funny.

Finally! The official trailer is out!

I don't really feel I get anything from the trailer in terms of story line or plot. The Joker is portrait as a psychopath maniac and as mentioned above, more serious. He does somehow lack the sense of humour the Joker always had. It's maybe due to it's just the trailer and we don't get to see much of his twisted mind actions.

Batman Begins was good, I liked it. But I'm not sure how will I feel about TDK. I loved Tim Burton's Batman and the mysterious feel of his Batman. Not sure how much i will like TDK. I just have to wait 8 months and see for myself XD

Idk, Ive watched the preveiw several times now. I didn't dare say this in my previous post, but the more I watch it, the more I feel Ledger will be the definative Joker for me(I stress "for me"). Judging by the preview, its a flawless live action Joker. I am so amped to see this movie now its ridiculous!!!!

Can;t wait.

I have to say I think Leger is doing a good job with Joker but e is not to be commended as much as Nolan and the producers, for going with a way cooler version of the Joker.

The scarred face and really screwed up face paint is amazing. But he still has his purple and green hair. Its just an amazing look. Its believable.

SO glad they didn't make him overly comical and goofy with a simple painted face. I hope he's serious, scary and actually seems worthy of being an arch villain of someone as iconic as Batman (who looks terrible in this movie, it only downfall so far... He looks like a power ranger).

Joker should not be funny. Unless he's funny delivering lines in a sadistic way. Kind of like Al Swerigan from Deadwood. Ruthless SOB but throws in the odd line that makes you laugh your ass off.

I don't want to see this guy runing around pulling pranks on batman or spraying laughing gas on people. No thank you. Make me take Joker seriously please.

By the way, wheres Harvey/Two-face in all of this. I mean, theres not a single shot of him that I noticed in any of the footage so far. Not even a "Vote Dent" poster. Kind of makes me think he won't be quite as significant in this film as some had thought......

So far I am loving everything that I am seeing........but the fanboy in me is still coming out. The only thing that is really bothering me so far from the trailer and the photo's I've seen online is how CLEAN Gotham looks. Gotham has always been know as a Gritty, New meets Old type city.......anyone thats a Batman fan knows what I'm talking about.........It didn't have to be as over the top as Burton's Gotham but it could look a little more "Aggressive" not so polished.

for those doubting about joker`s twisted humor

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V07L13gorBJKOQ

...and what exactly was funny about that? Don't get me wrong, I liked it. But I didn't get any sense of humor from him at all. But then I was rather confused as the cameraman was...mentially challenged.

Precisely that! There are not explicit funny jokes. Like Azarael said, he just goes around killing his "hired" henchmen, leaves a bomb in the managers mouth, and finally gets out on a school bus. Who would escape on a school bus?? Only the Joker. In the trailer, he delivers a somewhat sarcastic line refering to Batman as a freak, just like him, he drives a car while half of his body is out the window, laughing, mocking at the cars pursuing him. Most thieves would concentrate on the wheel or shooting. Not Joker, he enjoys causing mayhem, I mean, that is HIS humor: make miserable other people is his way of having fun.@joker@

the movie will rock. my only question is what's up with the new batcave? looks like a walmart basement. I'm sure it's something new but I do miss the good ol' batcave.

Remember Wayne Manor was destroyed at the end of the last film. During the rebuilding, Batman has to set up a base of operations elsewhere (presumably in one of his Waynetech owned buildings)

the movie will rock. my only question is what's up with the new batcave? looks like a walmart basement. I'm sure it's something new but I do miss the good ol' batcave.

Well the cave was destroyed in Begins, so it probably will not resurface until the end of TDK or

the begining of the third film. For me this is a refreshing change in using the penthouse, it still sticks to what is presented

within the comic medium and it also places Batman in the heart of everything, out of his element and faster access to

the city rather than the isolation of the cave. I'm sure that by the conclusion of the film Batman

will recognize why perhaps the batcave in Wayne Manor is the best place for him to operate.

I like the idea that Joker is the only one laughing at his jokes, a sane person wouldn't think they are funny, but HE does.

I like the idea that Joker is the only one laughing at his jokes, a sane person wouldn't think they are funny, but HE does.

Exactly.

THIS is the way Joker should be and no other way in order for people to take him seriously. I mean I love Nicholson as an actor and love Tim Burtan, but Joker dancing around to prince with a boom box and putting on a float parade with a giant rubber duck does nothing to make the guy seem like a sadistic serial killer terrorist that not only should be taken seriously but is worthy of being "the dark knight's" arch enemy (don't even get me started on Robin).

In Jokers classical interpretation, I think he's a lame arch enemy. But there aere a few stories or moments that make him worthy of that, such as killing Jason Todd etc. There is the odd story involving Joker that I love, they are few and far between, Arkham Asylum is one of them, the movies joker seems to fit right in with that.

I like the psychotic laugh, thats cool with me, the odd wise crack is cool with me but the minute Joker takes out a Boom Box and starts dancing to Bat Dance I'm out of the theater.