Review: Marvel Girl

TomE

Dont agree at all with the final score. I am so dissapointed in this figure. The joints look terrible and dont work well for the figure, no paint, no facial expression..... With all the photos that were taken, you can see how useless the articulation she has is, you cant do anything with her, she is just a static action figure

Only reason I picked her up was because she is one of my top three favorite characters and the BAF.

in my book shes a 8, with the variant being a 9 bc of better paint job. she may have low articulation but imo shes the best female ml yet w/psylock in 2nd and warbird in 3rd

She ok's but an 8 she's not....at least not for me. For me Dark Phoenix still tops her, easily. :)

I knew this review was going to cause problems before I even posted it. Its got problems, I know. The "exceptional" is for the improvements that can be seen on the figure. The flesh tones, the body shape, and the quality of the sculpt all show improvement on this figure in my opinion. I also think a big throw off is this figure clearly is meant to resemble the art rather than have a more realistic appearance (compared to most ML figures). But that in itself shouldn't give the figure a low score in my opinion. So say what you will, I stand by my score.

I will add, however, that this is a review where you really have to read the review rather than just look at the score, because the score isn't for what you would necessarily think.

Am I making sense?

You certainly have a right to your opinion. I don't share it in this case, although I agree with most of your reviews.

For me, paint and articulation matter a lot. They're what got me back into figure collecting - especially the articulation. So, a figure like this is pretty useless to me. 1/10.

Even flawed figures like Wasp or Electra were miles better than this one, in my book. This one is worse than all but the very worst of the Toybiz female figures. I even like Scarlett Witch better than this thing!

wait a second... anybody is allowed to submit a review now??

I thought that was RYNO's job.

anyhow... that review was way off for me... she is one of the worst ML figures ever

You certainly have a right to your opinion. I don't share it in this case, although I agree with most of your reviews.

For me, paint and articulation matter a lot. They're what got me back into figure collecting - especially the articulation. So, a figure like this is pretty useless to me. 1/10.

Even flawed figures like Wasp or Electra were miles better than this one, in my book. This one is worse than all but the very worst of the Toybiz female figures. I even like Scarlett Witch better than this thing!

Can't win 'em all right?

Since several of you seem to disagree, guess you guys can blame finals. I was pretty happy to be done with this semester.

anyhow... that review was way off for me... she is one of the worst ML figures ever

CLAM, c'mon where've you been? Tom has been reviewing for MarvelousNews and TNI for months he's not just anybody he is THE reviewer. here: http://marvelousnews.com/reviews.php and here: http://toynewsi.com/reviews.php and for the record, ya anybody can submit reader reviews...

Marvel Girl, Rachel Grey was one of my favorite figures from this wave. They captured Chris Bachalo's art perfectly and while she has limited articulation (par for the course since Hasbro took over anyway) there's still plenty of flame holding and pointing gestures you can get out of here that look great on display.

CLAM, c'mon where've you been? Tom has been reviewing for MarvelousNews and TNI for months he's not just anybody he is THE reviewer. here: http://marvelousnews.com/reviews.php and here: http://toynewsi.com/reviews.php and for the record, ya anybody can submit reader reviews...

oops.. I had never seen him review Marvel Legends... I knew you did wave 1, 2, the FF, and Spidey wave reviews...

i think she's actually pretty good. the elbows are fine by me, since they get almost more than 90 degrees. plus, im a sucker for red heads...

I agree. I like that it has those little flame accessories, has a nicely painted face, and has some neat little details like the hoop earrings and the separate necklace piece. Still despise the knee and elbow joints, but overall, it's one of the best figures in the wave (and I don't even know who Marvel Girl is).

in my book shes a 8, with the variant being a 9 bc of better paint job. she may have low articulation but imo shes the best female ml yet w/psylock in 2nd and warbird in 3rd

She ok's but an 8 she's not....at least not for me. For me Dark Phoenix still tops her, easily. :)

Ick. I gotta go with Jessica Alba (movie 1) Invisible Woman (the one with the joints), Psylocke, and then Electra. And I like Bachalo's art, but it didn't work translated to 3-d here.

oops.. I had never seen him review Marvel Legends... I knew you did wave 1, 2, the FF, and Spidey wave reviews...

actually, FF and Spidey wave reviews are either mine or reader reviews. Look up in the top left corner, if its posted by "Tom" and isn't labeled as a reader review, its by me.

are you guys KIDDING me?!?!

Rachel Grey is by far the best female Hasbro has put out and one of the best females overall in the ML line. My only problem is the paint applications...but it's a problem i have with every hasbro figure. i would have given her an 8.

She looks like a great medium between realistic figure and the art she is taken from.

and Scarlett Witch is the 2nd worst ML ever (with Emma being first)....Scarlet Witch has a terrible body and a diaper and a big bobble head and a boring paint application - so how could you say Rachel looks any worse than that?

but i guess it all depends on what you like in figures and opinions and such.

i don't like diapers on my figures - but hey maybe you do.

and that's ok.