Marvel 2008

Jeff

two waves? i think it only for the first half of the year. this is what make me think it's a quickly done thing.

spidey figs--- can't wait. i know people are sick of spidey figure but according to them we might be getting more villains maybe even villian that are not spidey's foes.

hulk--- we know this already let's move on.

two pack--- great we nearly all loved the wal*mart twin pack. well except marvel girl for some nit pickers. what i want to know is will they be theme like the x-factor ones or will they just be thrown together.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if iam wrong but the original post doesn't really state that there will be no more waves other than the 2 wave we have been told about. it only states that along with the 2 waves we will be getting the spiderman, iron man, and hulk stuff as well

two waves? i think it only for the first half of the year. this is what make me think it's a quickly done thing.

spidey figs--- can't wait. i know people are sick of spidey figure but according to them we might be getting more villains maybe even villian that are not spidey's foes.

hulk--- we know this already let's move on.

two pack--- great we nearly all loved the wal*mart twin pack. well except marvel girl for some nit pickers. what i want to know is will they be theme like the x-factor ones or will they just be thrown together.

if the 2 packs thing is true, i have alot of hope for them. the faceoff ones gave us some cool and sorely needed villians.

Again, no there's not a lot of X-Men stuff. But they will be represented.

They'll have figures in Marvel Legends, in the Marvel Legends 2-Packs, in the 3 3/4" line, and in SHS. For Starters.

The end of 2008 and 2009 will be bigger for X-Men. Since we'll have a Wolverine movie and Wolverine and the X-Men.

Here's hoping the Spiderman villains will indeed be repaints of the older villains, or I hope at least for a repainted Rhino from the Fearsome Foes boxset. I've been looking for Hulk foes, and that version of Rhino is perfect so here's hoping, now if only I could find a reasonably priced ML6 Juggernaut. <_<

wait- the wolverine movies coming out in '08? that was quick...

no it 2009 there not going to rush it again. does anyone know who the villians is? i heard it was silver samurai (which would explain why we got that choice for the toyfare poll) but i really hope it omega red. he is my afvourite wolverine villain

wait- the wolverine movies coming out in '08? that was quick...

no it 2009 there not going to rush it again. does anyone know who the villians is? i heard it was silver samurai (which would explain why we got that choice for the toyfare poll) but i really hope it omega red. he is my afvourite wolverine villain

i read something last week about it being based on the department x stuff, they said they were trying to cast victor creed (sabretooth) and they talked of maybe deadpool too.

Wow, 48 Spidey figures! :rolleyes: Hmmm, 24 will be different Spidey variants & the other 24 will be more versions of Venom, Doc Ock, Lizard, Sandman, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Vulture, etc.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I gather you like buying the same figures over again just cuz they slap a new paint job on them.

Amazing!

Wow, 48 Spidey figures! :rolleyes: Hmmm, 24 will be different Spidey variants & the other 24 will be more versions of Venom, Doc Ock, Lizard, Sandman, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Vulture, etc.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I gather you like buying the same figures over again just cuz they slap a new paint job on them.

Amazing!

Uh, that's not what you said. You said "more versions", not "repaints of". Extremely different concept, sir.

i don't want to believe these things. they'll just make me sad. hopefully they're not true. coz if they are, then it's really going to be a bad year. i think hasbro won't go with the themed ML only thing, just how many themes can they think of? and when we cry out and do our things here in the forum, you know, they'll be forced to give us what we want.. unless they want ZERO buyers.

You X-fans continue to show how selfish you are with your " what, no X-characters'?

Not enough Wolvies, Cykes, Storm figures for you guys?

If it's not gonna be never before done X-characters such as Thunderbird, classic Sunfire , Forge & Nimrod coming out in 08', then great. An X-men free 08 would be fine with me.

More Avengers/Ironman related characters, especially the villians, is what's needed in 08 for us long suffering Avengers/Ironman fans.

You X-men/Spidey fans have gotten more than enough of both franchises over the last 5 freakin yrs!

Dang, you're all greedy/selfish people!

I'm crying bullpoo. Either this is missing things or it's simply not completed. And we all have proof. Spiral!!! What about the Yellow Daredevil, Blackbolt, and Nova wave? We've got other stuff coming!

Unless I'm confused, the upcoming figures that we know of only comprise two waves: Blackbolt, Nova, Tigra, etc., in the Holocaust wave (HML 4), and Spiral, Union Jack, etc., in the "as-yet-uknown BAF" wave (HLM 5).

As for the other stuff, I'm glad about the 3 3/4" wave. As seen with Star Wars and G.I. Joe, Hasbro knows how to do that scale right. I'm surprised that there's only 8 figures in the non-movie Hulk wave, as that's gonna be a mighty small Fin Fang Foom. On the plus side, at least it cuts down on the number of lame Hulk variations.

You X-men/Spidey fans have gotten more than enough of both franchises over the last 5 freakin yrs!

Well, yeah. I mean, this hobby is pure consumerism. I want to be offered the characters I'm interested in, and Hasbro ceases to do that, they cease to get my money. (Well, they're ceasing to get my money anyways, but that's in another topic.)

Collecting isn't a commune; if it comes down to a choice between producing more Spider-Man characters or Iron Man, Avengers or Thunderbolts, I would want them to produce more Spidey guys, because otherwise I have no reason to buy from them. It's their job to assess which part of the fan base they want to please.

I really don't see why this is such an issue for you.

You X-fans continue to show how selfish you are with your " what, no X-characters'?

Not enough Wolvies, Cykes, Storm figures for you guys?

If it's not gonna be never before done X-characters such as Thunderbird, classic Sunfire , Forge & Nimrod coming out in 08', then great. An X-men free 08 would be fine with me.

More Avengers/Ironman related characters, especially the villians, is what's needed in 08 for us long suffering Avengers/Ironman fans.

Oh so we're greedy for hoping that x-men are included somewhere on this? You know X-men & Spidey fans are sick of the Wolverine, Cyclops, Spidey mess too, but we don't need to be called greedy for hoping that Hasbro finally does some variety!