Marvel 2008

Jeff

Looks like CTR got ahold of a new etailer product list for Hasbro's 08 stuff. Looks like everything is going to themed waves mostly.

Marvel Legends Two Packs

This line will initially se six different sets, each with a pile of interchangeable parts, such as heads and hands not to mention a bunch of accessories.

Spider-Man Heroes & Villains Assortments

There are plans to see 48 6” figures in this line, split evenly between the good guys and the bad guys.

The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Action Figure Assortment

No word yet on scale, but these 16 figures will be based on the new animated Spidey cartoon.

Iron Man Movie Basic Action Figure Assortment

So far we’ve seen five of the planned 16 figures in this series.

Hulk Action Figure Assortment

This summer Hasbro will be releasing two waves, each of four figures, based on the comic book characters in the Hulk realm, each with a build-a-figure piece of Fing Fan Foom.

Incredible Hulk Movie Action Figure Assortments

There will be 12 basic and another 6 deluxe figures based on the new film coming out in 2008. No word on how big these will be, but its safe to say they’ll fit in the 6” scale.

So, even with only two waves of Marvel Legends, Hasbro has no plans to let the Marvel Comics heroes disappear from the shelves. To support the figures, Hasbro will also be filling the old toy shelves with a lot of other related products. Collectors will find the following in 2008:

Marvel Legends Universe Action Figure Assortment

This collection will see the heroes represented in a new kid-friendly scale. Each 3 ¾” figure will come packed with a top secret profile. There is a better than likely chance this will be an interactive game collection not unlike toy Biz’s Superhero Showdown. Right onw there are two waves of 6 figures planned for a 2008 release.

Marvel Legends Transformers

Well, there are 8 of these planned, and we guess some people might like them…

The Invincible Iron Man Figure

This 12” figure will feature snap-on armour, weapons, jet pack, and helmet.

Ultimate Electronic Hulk

This 12” tall Hulk figure will feature a Double-arm Smash Action, and surprisingly, lights (and sounds).

Repulsor-Power Iron Man

This figure will be the ultimate Iron Man figure with lights and sounds.

Spider-Man Roto Cast Assortment

This collection will have 7 10” Spider-Man roto cast figures.

Hulk Battle Roto Cast Figures

Roto cast figures based on the Hulk and the Abomination.

Spider-Man Ooze Attack Webworld Action Figure Assortment

This oozetastic series will start off with four figures.

Marvel Unleashed 360 Action Figure Assortment

Taking off where the Spider-Man assortment left off. There are currently 8 new figures planned.

Super Heros Squad

There will be 20 new two packs, 6 new Mega packs, 6 more Theme packs with 4 figures each, as well as SHS sets based on The Hulk and Iron Man.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be incomplete or something. All the ML waves are following movie themes? While I like Spidey, Hulk and Iron Man I still need my regular dose of figures from the rest of the Marvel Universe. :( I hope this list gets updated/corrected soon.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to the new products and I hope the quality keeps improving as has been the trend lately.

Looks like CTR got ahold of a new etailer product list for Hasbro's 08 stuff. Looks like everything is going to themed waves mostly.

Marvel Legends Two Packs

This line will initially se six different sets, each with a pile of interchangeable parts, such as heads and hands not to mention a bunch of accessories.

There are plans to see 48 6” figures in this line, split evenly between the good guys and the bad guys.

No word yet on scale, but these 16 figures will be based on the new animated Spidey cartoon.

So far we’ve seen five of the planned 16 figures in this series.

This summer Hasbro will be releasing two waves, each of four figures, based on the comic book characters in the Hulk realm, each with a build-a-figure piece of Fing Fan Foom.

There will be 12 basic and another 6 deluxe figures based on the new film coming out in 2008. No word on how big these will be, but its safe to say they’ll fit in the 6” scale.

So, even with only two waves of Marvel Legends, Hasbro has no plans to let the Marvel Comics heroes disappear from the shelves. To support the figures, Hasbro will also be filling the old toy shelves with a lot of other related products. Collectors will find the following in 2008:

This collection will see the heroes represented in a new kid-friendly scale. Each 3 ¾” figure will come packed with a top secret profile. There is a better than likely chance this will be an interactive game collection not unlike toy Biz’s Superhero Showdown. Right onw there are two waves of 6 figures planned for a 2008 release.

This 12” figure will feature snap-on armour, weapons, jet pack, and helmet.

Ultimate Electronic Hulk

This 12” tall Hulk figure will feature a Double-arm Smash Action, and surprisingly, lights (and sounds).

Repulsor-Power Iron Man

This collection will have 7 10” Spider-Man roto cast figures.

Taking off where the Spider-Man assortment left off. There are currently 8 new figures planned.

Super Heros Squad

There will be 20 new two packs, 6 new Mega packs, 6 more Theme packs with 4 figures each, as well as SHS sets based on The Hulk and Iron Man.

So according to this there will only be 2 ML waves? I suppose if Spidey and IM go beyond movie characters to include allies and foes, there could still be plenty of variety. That doesn't leave much room for X-Men characters like Alpha Flight, Exiles and X-Factor though. I was also hoping for some more Ultimates. And of course a box set of the Wrecking Crew.

Yeah, that's not all the stuff for next year. There's Marvel Legends V missing in fact, which has Spiral.

Don't forget there's also 6 Marvel Legends 2-Packs listed. So that's going to give us a bunch also.

Some great news though, I can't wait for the 3 3/4" line. And more Superhero Squad!!

So if there are only going to be 4 figures in 2 Hulk waves what happened to all the other figures rumored? Why make a wave of 4 figures?

This is probably wrong, there's supposed to be 6 figs per wave, we'll see.

i don't understand the logic behind this. so a year worth of pag warming 5" figures means they are gonna start 3 3/4 figures, and more unleashed figures? yeah that makes sense.

i love all this speculation. didn't just a couple weeks ago electro had all the answers from someone he knows at a shop and its was totally opposite this?

i'm cool with some of these ideas but i wanna hear it directly from the horses mouth on this one.

48 spidey figures is like 12 waves in 12 months. thats a lil hard to believe. and why would they do 2 4 figure packs when the last 2 waves have been 8 figures?

So the BAF is almost dead with only the unknown series 5 and 10' midget Foom being the only ones all year. The two hulk waves went from a total of 12 figures to only 8. Who are the 4 cut figures? Hopefully two of them are Hulks, say son of hulk and king hulk. They have to keep Peter David's/Mcfarlanes sinister Grey Hulk and the Mc Hulk. They might Cut Doc Sampson, Bi Beast or the defender Broad. They HAVE to keep Absprbing Man, Windigo and Savage she-hulk. Ok I guess I could live without another she-hulk. Who do you guys think will make the final 8?

hmmm... if they are actually making small Marvel figures... they absoulutely have to be like the 25th GiJoes... they just have to.

If they are not, I will finally concede that the current Hasbro is the stupidest toy company ever.

Hey, you know what else makes this list suspect?

No X-Men.

That doesn't make it suspect. X-Men doesn't have a movie next year. So they're not getting a seperate line.

They'll be part of the Marvel Legends Waves and 2-Packs, as well as the 3 3/4" line and SHS series.

Since Wolverine and The X-Men doesn't premiere until late 2008, it's too early for news.

So the BAF is almost dead with only the unknown series 5 and 10' midget Foom being the only ones all year. The two hulk waves went from a total of 12 figures to only 8. Who are the 4 cut figures? Hopefully two of them are Hulks, say son of hulk and king hulk. They have to keep Peter David's/Mcfarlanes sinister Grey Hulk and the Mc Hulk. They might Cut Doc Sampson, Bi Beast or the defender Broad. They HAVE to keep Absprbing Man, Windigo and Savage she-hulk. Ok I guess I could live without another she-hulk. Who do you guys think will make the final 8?

i'd rather them drop the grey hulk or End hulk then King Hulk, the series 1 Planet Hulk was a god awful figure so King Hulk looks to be a nice replacement for it

Hey, you know what else makes this list suspect?

No X-Men.

That doesn't make it suspect. X-Men doesn't have a movie next year. So they're not getting a seperate line.

They'll be part of the Marvel Legends Waves and 2-Packs, as well as the 3 3/4" line and SHS series.

Since Wolverine and The X-Men doesn't premiere until late 2008, it's too early for news.

This list already ignores media promotion logic, by giving Spider-Man 48 toys, and the Spectacular Spider-Man 16.

48 figures for a single line with no actual mass media support seems to ignore logic in general.

Marvel Legends Two Packs

There are plans to see 48 6" figures in this line, split evenly between the good guys and the bad guys.

So far we've seen five of the planned 16 figures in this series.

There will be 12 basic and another 6 deluxe figures based on the new film coming out in 2008. No word on how big these will be, but its safe to say they'll fit in the 6" scale.

This collection will see the heroes represented in a new kid-friendly scale. Each 3 ¾" figure will come packed with a top secret profile. There is a better than likely chance this will be an interactive game collection not unlike toy Biz's Superhero Showdown. Right onw there are two waves of 6 figures planned for a 2008 release.

This 12" figure will feature snap-on armour, weapons, jet pack, and helmet.

Ultimate Electronic Hulk

This 12" tall Hulk figure will feature a Double-arm Smash Action, and surprisingly, lights (and sounds).

Repulsor-Power Iron Man

This collection will have 7 10" Spider-Man roto cast figures.

Super Heros Squad

I'll believe it, when I see it.

Wow, 48 Spidey figures! :rolleyes: Hmmm, 24 will be different Spidey variants & the other 24 will be more versions of Venom, Doc Ock, Lizard, Sandman, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Vulture, etc.

But knowing you Spidey freaks, you wont care. And that's what Hasbro is counting on!

I'll pass.

The MU redone in 3 3/4 scale? Big pass.

Not even mildy interested in animated Spidey figs.

The 2 packs sound promising, need more info.

Hulk waves; will wait to see pics.

Lack of X-news. Sweet, I could go a yr w/o more needless versions of Wolvies, Cykes, Storms , etc.

3 3/4 Marvel Universe, thank you Hasbro! As earlier mentioned, if they aren't using the same articulation as the 25th G.I. Joe, that's ridiculous. I'll wait and see though...

Not like I'll be able to find them in stores, still haven't seen anything beyond G.I. Joe Wave 2 and just finally found HML wave 3 ^_^

Im thinking why there is only 4 figs per wave in the Hulk Series is because all 8 figs are going to have pieces of foom. That way they can make him big and not be cheese like the past small ones have been. Not saying that they were horrible, just not massive like foom SHOULD be. Then again they had 8 for series 2 and 3 and they are small... i dont know.. WTF?

But we ll see when and if these are all announced. If true, i really wonder who got cut.