DC Figure Fighters & The Batman GL -

PJ

I bought a Batman/Catwoman set off ebay to see if I would like them in person enough to keep my BBTS order or not. And the set arrived today and they are pretty cool...So I'll keep my order. I will definitely buy the Bat related figures as well as Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman figures. The Batman has 4 POA consisting of cut joints at the neck, shoulders & waist. his arms and head are rubber while his torso and lower body is hard plastic. Catwoman is all rubber and only has 2 PoA at the neck & waist. Of course I ordered the wrong set I as I wanted the blue & gray Batman because he was in a standing pose and I wanted to see if you could remove them from the bases as well as the launchers. But I can't do it with this Bats as he's staning on one foot.

IMGP6842.jpg

The Batman Green Lantern - My wife knew I really wanted the "The Batman" Green Lantern figure so she picked him up for me for a Christmas gift from Toy Wiz. Yes, he was expensive there, but she knew I really wanted it and I was seriously planning/thinking on buying it from there anyway which is something I rarely ever do. (Pay more than mass retail) so she picked him up...And I don't know how it happened as I didn't even pester her about opening it. OK I did say Hal to her a couple times, but she actually gave him to me last night. I love this figure...he's by far my favorate "The Batman" figure ever.

IMGP6843.jpg

IMGP6875.jpg

Hmm...It's not letting me post all the pics in the thread. So you can see more pics here -

http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/phpBB2...06bd5c1cc#26677

I didn't know anything about those "fighting figures"... how much are they?? what is the point of them?

I don't think I'll be buying any of those.. kinda silly.

But it is cool to see that something from the new DC UNIVERSE brand has been released... Wave 1 can't be far behind.

as for GL, he is neat and all... but I never buy animated figures... although the Hawkman is really badass too

Hal will be mine!

Same...& the Hawkman figure.

I don't see a lot of figures from The Batman around my area (aside from Batman himself), so I was pretty stoked to find Killer Moth & Robin over the last two days!

Hopefully I'll beat the kids to Hal & Hawkman! @smilepunch@

TheBats1.jpg

Wow I am so out of date.>!

I went to a TRU today & I saw GL & hawkman there & I was like WTF!!! I didn't even know they were getting FIGURES!!! so I snatched them up big time! they also had some other lamer bad guy there with some kinda metal stick arm... he looked so lame though so not worth my $$$$

next one I snag is for you ;) I was so surprised NO CLUE they were getting figures at all hahah! if I would have seen two there I would have snaged up both & you could have had the 2nd one :D

Hey... is it normal for the figure packaging to have ... 7 holes in the bottom?.. that seems rather odd....

Hey... is it normal for the figure packaging to have ... 7 holes in the bottom?.. that seems rather odd....

Actually I noticed it on a The Batman figure I bought recently as well, were the like a circle of holes on the bubble? I think it is new too.

yes little circle holes in the bottom

in a pattern

Its clearly part of the packaging though Idon't see why... theres also a odd large gap underthe package logo and clear plastic in the back as well which seems to be there for no real reason...

Also I agree with wheeljack green lantern sort of sucks in that his ring is indeed a green dot of paint! also sucks that his lantern is a clear green which really should be solid green plastic... They should have been less fancy with the lantern and more fancy with the RING! Heck the entire first episode with GL was lets play catch with the RING! the ring it self should have been a removable accessory from the toy or they should have put in a plastic ring of some kind for the kidies to play with as well! At the least make the ring on the figure more than a dot of paint!

My only guess...

due to the many 'paint lead' issues, they may be using a different type of paint that requires more ventilation than usual. The fumes on some of these paint jobs can be noticeable when you open a figure. Most recent was one of my Spawn figures from back in the day. I opened one and the smell on it was delicious (I won't lie) but quite strong. My 2 cents...

Picked up GL yesterday as well....that paint apps on this sucks...just a green dot for his ring?!
Also I agree with wheeljack green lantern sort of sucks in that his ring is indeed a green dot of paint! also sucks that his lantern is a clear green which really should be solid green plastic... They should have been less fancy with the lantern and more fancy with the RING! Heck the entire first episode with GL was lets play catch with the RING! the ring it self should have been a removable accessory from the toy or they should have put in a plastic ring of some kind for the kidies to play with as well! At the least make the ring on the figure more than a dot of paint!
Well, guys, compared to the prototype shown at this year's San Diego Comic Con, I'd say the final paint job is an improvement, with the sole exception of the Power Battery! But don't take my word for it, here's the prototype that was shown at SDCC:

177__scaled_600.jpg

So, let's run down the differences real quick, shall we?

1. Black mask (has now been changed to green, which is more accurate for the character) and mask is bigger than on final production version.
  2. Silver gloves (have been changed to white, which is the correct color.)
  3. NO ring on finger at all!
  4. Metallic green Power Battery (which IS preferable to the translucent green used on the production version, I wish they would've left it colored like the prototype.)
  5. Shoulder "points" are more accurate in shape to the way this Hal Jordan costume traditionally looks. The final production version has revised, less accurate shoulder "points".

So, compared to the hand-painted prototype, overall, I prefer the production version... but they should've stuck to that metallic green color for the Power Battery, it looked better that way. <_<

Picked up GL yesterday as well....that paint apps on this sucks...just a green dot for his ring?!
Well, guys, compared to the prototype shown at this year's San Diego Comic Con, I'd say the final paint job is an improvement, with the sole exception of the Power Battery! But don't take my word for it, here's the prototype that was shown at SDCC:

177__scaled_600.jpg

So, let's run down the differences real quick, shall we?

1. Black mask (has now been changed to green, which is more accurate for the character) and mask is bigger than on final production version.
  2. Silver gloves (have been changed to white, which is the correct color.)
  3. NO ring on finger at all!
  4. Metallic green Power Battery (which IS preferable to the translucent green used on the production version, I wish they would've left it colored like the prototype.)
  5. Shoulder "points" are more accurate in shape to the way this Hal Jordan costume traditionally looks. The final production version has revised, less accurate shoulder "points".

So, compared to the hand-painted prototype, overall, I prefer the production version... but they should've stuck to that metallic green color for the Power Battery, it looked better that way. <_<

I'll admit the final paint job is better that the prototype, BUT look at the paint apps on the figure on the package, thats what I want....

Yeah, the GL is a lot better than the prototype, it seems he and Hawkman were the only new heroes released so far, as I don't think the Superman is in this wave, doesn't bother me so much as Hal Jordan was the one I wanted the most.

I grabbed this guy today at WM.Love it.

I would'nt have got him,but i wanted one in the animated style since we're not getting a JLU version.Hawkman was cool,but I'm not about to start another Justice League collection (I might end up changing my mind when i see Superman,Flash,Green Arrow,..crap).

Am I the only one who thinks the clear power battery is a cool gimmick?I mean,in the comics,it kind of glows when he uses it.

Am I the only one who thinks the clear power battery is a cool gimmick?I mean,in the comics,it kind of glows when he uses it.

Not at all, I like too and it does remind me of the lantern glowing when he charges his ring, plus, if I want him to have a regular looking one, I think I have a couple extra from the JL line, because it looks to me that they are the same sculpts.

My only guess...

due to the many 'paint lead' issues, they may be using a different type of paint that requires more ventilation than usual. The fumes on some of these paint jobs can be noticeable when you open a figure. Most recent was one of my Spawn figures from back in the day. I opened one and the smell on it was delicious (I won't lie) but quite strong. My 2 cents...

damn! Now there is a funky thought! Toys smell so bad they need to vent the packaging! Ever since the entire cars thing I keep wondering just how safe toys and other products really are! It must sort of drive you nuts too with you're kids eh pogo?.. Have you had to teach them not to put there toys in there mouths or what not now?