Sign in to follow this  
bronzetiger

New Superhero Showdown Figures

What would any of you think about Hasbro bringing back Superhero Showdown Figures again without the game. I did not care much for the game, but I liked the 3 3/4"-4/ scale of the figures. I wish they were not so flimsy. In my opinion they were the perfect size. Hasbro could make vehicles and fortresses for them. It would be nice to have a somewhat scaled X-jet (Blackbird). Like G.I. Joe, they could also make army builders that would be cheaper. I would definitely like to have an army of HYDRA soldiers and The HAND ninjas. They could even make the bigger characters closer to scale by selling them as deluxe figures or something. Imagine a 3 3/4" scale ironman sold with 12" fin fang foom or a 3 3/4" Professor X with a 8" Onslaught. I like the 6" scale, but I would rather have a smaller just as detailed scale the would be able to incorporate various other aspects of the marvel universe without having to be to cost outrageous or not be able to be made at all. Let me know what you think.

Even the WWE is starting a 3 3/4" line. Can Marvel be far behind? I want a good scale difference, no Hulk and Spider-man the same height and crap like that. I'd like scale accuracy and vehicles like Quinjets and cycles. An Stark lab with an area to place various Iron Man armors. Stuff like that. Until then I'd like Hasbro to make Marvel Legends consistently good. They're working on it, thankfully.

Even the WWE is starting a 3 3/4" line. Can Marvel be far behind? I want a good scale difference, no Hulk and Spider-man the same height and crap like that. I'd like scale accuracy and vehicles like Quinjets and cycles. An Stark lab with an area to place various Iron Man armors. Stuff like that. Until then I'd like Hasbro to make Marvel Legends consistently good. They're working on it, thankfully.

I know that there will have to be some sacrifice in scale, but I did not like that characters like Juggernaut and Magneto were basically the same height with the exception of Juggernaut just being wider. Toybiz did somewhat scale Superhero Showdown when they added Moleman. He is the shortest character that I have seen with decent articulation, especially for just being a little taller than a yoda figure. One of my favorite toylines that had various scales of figures included in the collection was the advanced dungeons and dragons toys. There were small goblins, humans, and giants, as well as various other sized miscellaneous monsters. Again, as far as scale and variations go, D&D was one of my favorite and best examples of a toyline.

sure man.. go for it Hasbro!

release a series of Marvel Figures like the 25th Anniversary GiJoes.

Put them on nifty cards, just like the joes.

Give them accessories and vehicles, just like Joes.

And make them 5 bucks, just like Joes.

I'm in!

BUT! and this is a big BUT... they should be completely compatable with the Joes... not like how StarWars and GiJoe are similar in size.. but nothing alike

i always wanted figures that were size compatable with my g.i. joes when i was a kid. and i loved the idea of teh showdown figure but i definatly think they dropped the ball. my wolverine's leg was broken as soon as i opened it. i would love for them to bring back a new and improved 3 3/4 inch marvel line, i would just hope that its slightly less articulated. i think that was one of the biggest problems with the old line. but i would defintly give a new smaller line a shot.

I just read what Electro16 said about the line. I cannot wait to see the prototypes.

Wasn't he proven wrong about some of that stuff already?

I do not know anything about him being proven wrong, but if he was misinformed, I still do not see Hasbro passing up a chance like this. Like Greenlanternprime said about jakks making 3 3/4" scale wwe figures, I to do not see marvel figures from Hasbro to far behind. In my opinion, as far as collecting goes, it is an excellent scale for almost everything. Vehicles and playsets can be made. The figures are not too small and not too big. If you want to add bigger characters to the line, they will not cost an arm and a leg to be in scale. If marvel goes this route I do not see many other lines being to far behind. Like I said before I really like the 6" scale and I can tolerate the 5" scale, but they are more limited because of there size. I do not collect the Pirates of the Carribean 3 3/4" figures from Disney, but I saw the Black Pearl and it is nice. If Hasbro does have this line in store, it would be nice to see an X-Men Mansion Playset or Doctor Doom Castle.

I do not know anything about him being proven wrong, but if he was misinformed, I still do not see Hasbro passing up a chance like this. Like Greenlanternprime said about jakks making 3 3/4" scale wwe figures, I to do not see marvel figures from Hasbro to far behind. In my opinion, as far as collecting goes, it is an excellent scale for almost everything. Vehicles and playsets can be made. The figures are not too small and not too big. If you want to add bigger characters to the line, they will not cost an arm and a leg to be in scale. If marvel goes this route I do not see many other lines being to far behind. Like I said before I really like the 6" scale and I can tolerate the 5" scale, but they are more limited because of there size. I do not collect the Pirates of the Carribean 3 3/4" figures from Disney, but I saw the Black Pearl and it is nice. If Hasbro does have this line in store, it would be nice to see an X-Men Mansion Playset or Doctor Doom Castle.

whoops for some reason I thought this was a thread about superhero squad. my bad @smilepunch@

I would LOVE to see a line this size...the cards could look just like the old Marvel comic covers. Do a black card, with a MARVEL COMICS GROUP banner across the top, and classic art from Jack kirby, John Romita, Steve Ditko, etc.

Man that would be awesome!!!

I'm getting rather pissed?! Instead of hitting 6"... they're regressing and doing 3.75"?! Indiana Jones, WWE, and now Marvel? What is going on?!

One thing I can say though; when shooting dioramas, using the Showdown figures really helps force perspective!!

So, a Steel Cage Death Match would look like this:

John Cena vs Captain America vs Gung Ho vs Indiana Jones vs Boba Fett...

Count me in. As long as Hasbro makes Rhino figs, I'm open to just about anything...

I own all the Toybiz Showdown Figures except the Silver Surfer, and I don't have him because I couldn't find him. If Hasbro made 3 3/4" figs with anything approaching the quality of Toybiz' stuff I'd probably buy it.

there has been a lot of rumors of a 4" line so i wouldn't be suprised if it is fact. Personally i can"t wait, i want the original 5 x-men and a blackbird for them to fight my BAF Apocalypse (only giant one i was able to complete)

I think they should also make giant size characters as icons, they'd be huge.

i can see it now, the x-men/g.i.joes vs the brotherhood/cobra. @lol@

I own all the Toybiz Showdown Figures except the Silver Surfer, and I don't have him because I couldn't find him. If Hasbro made 3 3/4" figs with anything approaching the quality of Toybiz' stuff I'd probably buy it.

Well, lets see; ToyBiz did take a shot at 3 3/4" figures and up until half of the second to last and last series itself, the quality of the figures were awful. Hasbro, on the other hand, has been dominating the 3 3/4" market for well over twenty years and with rumor of their new 1:18 scale line, I don't think anyone -- at least who's interested in the scale -- will be disappointed in terms of quality. Now paint/detail, that might be different.

In theory, since Hasbro keeps claiming that its either paint detail or articulation for the full-sized Marvel Legends, the 1:18 scale should be able to balance both out evenly. Smaller figure means less paint, means less cost to Hasbro.

Obviously I have high hopes.

I definitely have high hopes. The suggestion about having icons as giants is a good idea. I do not see why the line could not take off. As I have said before, the smaller scale will not be as limited as the 6" scale in terms of expanding the collection to include vehicles and playsets, as well as make army build-ups cheaper. The detail and paint application should be better than what toybiz put out. If the line does come out, hopefully there will not be to many crazy repainted figures like in the 25th joes (ie comic packs). The thing with toybiz's showdown line was that they were striving to make the figures as poseable as possible for the actual game. I do not own any Micromen and I am curious to know how the articulation of Micromen figures compare to the Superhero showdown figures? From pictures, they seem to be better made.

I do not own any Micromen and I am curious to know how the articulation of Micromen figures compare to the Superhero showdown figures? From pictures, they seem to be better made.

Micromen can be VERY hit-or-miss in terms of quality.

Oh, they are very articulated, more so that Superhero Showdown, or any other figures in that scale, but the plastic quality can be very spotty.

I've twisted heads off of pegs, just by a casual turn of the head, on Microman figures. Had ankles that broke clean off after moving easily for months. There was no force applied in these instances--the plastic simply failed.

The plastic chemistry in them ( like a lot of Japanese-made toys) is suspect at the best of times.

But the ones in the batches that do not have any problems--they can be God's gift to Action Figures.

If Microman were to do a dedicated Marvel line, aping Superhero Showdown, I'd be all over them like a dirty shirt inspite of the problems.

Toybiz's 4 inchers were great.. but they had horrible paint and quality control.. and they were too expensive.

If Hasbro does them like their 25th Joes... we won't have lots to complain about

I just read what Electro16 said about the line. I cannot wait to see the prototypes.

I was not wrong. Hasbro originaly planned to can shs but later decided otherwise.

I was not wrong. Hasbro originaly planned to can shs but later decided otherwise.

Don't let them get to you electro. YOu da man!

if they can make street fighter g.i.joes then they should make marvel joe's. exactly the same way g.i.joes are made, you know, when you break a g.i.joe by the waistline you see the little black rubberband holding the upper and lower limbs together, yeah that. hasbro should make marvel exactly like that.

How about an Animated line that fit in with JLU!