1. 1. Minimates or Superhero Squad?

• Minimates
    • Superhero Squad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

superhero squad any day.

i just wish they were easier to get a hold of here in the uk.

seriousley it seems knowhere stocks em.

every forbiddenplanet i go into only has the first 2 series.

I hear ya! Only thing I EVER see is wave 1!!

theres tons of them at walmart

Neither.Minimates are a lego figure rip off & shs looks pathetic.

Im gonna stand up for minimates on this one. Sure minimates are somewhat like legos, ok they are very much like legos, but minimates beat legos in almost every single way except where you can buy them.

And shs cant look that pathetic because if they were they wouldnt be so popular

Its funny, i remember the polls on here being very much in favor of minimates and look how close it is now.

Don't mind Electro16, NewGoblin23. He just hates anything fun. ;)

He's also mad that Electro hasn't gotten a SHS figure as of yet. :D

Funny one jar jar :D . Honestly ,even if electro did get a shs or minimates fig i wouldn't get it. I just don't like the scale and the goofy shs look.

I really like minimates. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately since it saves me money) I didn't start collecting the Marvel ones from the beginning, so that has deterred me from picking them up, save the few I really wanted. I have all the Battlestar Galactica ones and I really like the TV and movie licenses they picked up. I wish they would get the Indiana Jones license, but I doubt Hasbro would sublicense? it to them.

I also have few SHS. I think they're really cute, but the paint apps are hit or miss. Like minimates, I like how they match across lines, so you can get the equivalent Galactic Heroes and upcoming Indiana Jones ones. The Transformers ones don't do anything for me, haha. My gripe is just how expensive they are. They should be at most five bucks, consider how there are maybe at most one or two points of articulation and simple paint apps.

Anyway, I like them both, but I like minimates more. As for people wondering what use these serve? Well what use are action figures? Unless you play with them, they're really just for display, and a set of minimates or a set of SHS makes for a nice/cute display. Plastic crack, how I love opening them packages.

Minimates for sure! ~

superhero squad over minimates anyday. hate on me if ya like, who cares. the only thinking i hate about my superhero squad collection is i got like 100 (overreacting) spiderman varients, just cause i wanted to collect the villain it was with. hasbro stop doing that. hey does anybody think its possible if superhero squad made BAF'S? would that be a stupid idea?

NO! And minimates make a comeback!

Ive recently started liking minimates alot mroe but i started playing with it and it broke. All i did was bend its knee right when i took it out and it broke. Waste of 7 bucks

I noticed also that shs are WAY more detailed. Some minimates should be sculpted in some areas and theyre just painted on. Kinda cheap.

Truth is, minimates will always triumph. Superhero squad are better in my book but marvel fans for the most part like minimates better and then minimates has the dc fans and the lotr fans and the list goes on. SHS has transformers and star wars and soon it will have indiana jones and i dont think they stand up to minimates

oh man... i m am still dumbfounded at how people can really break their minimates. It also comes with the territory of having articulation with tiny pieces of plastic but even still, it isn't cheapy plastic. Anyways they have started to sculpt more parts on the figures, but when being a blocky figure, they have to keep constant with the blocky feel of them. And i cant see SHS making a sweet @$$ set of marvel zombies like minimates have.

oh man... i m am still dumbfounded at how people can really break their minimates. It also comes with the territory of having articulation with tiny pieces of plastic but even still, it isn't cheapy plastic. Anyways they have started to sculpt more parts on the figures, but when being a blocky figure, they have to keep constant with the blocky feel of them. And i cant see SHS making a sweet @$$ set of marvel zombies like minimates have.

They're pretty cheapy plastic, from what I've seen. They're also not that well constructed.

And I'm glad they won't make Marvel Zombies. The storyline was pretty craptastic.

Regardless of how much u think minimates just dont break evilhayato, they do. Sure they need to keep the block feel but thats no excuse for some of the detailing on chests, arms, etc.

And zombie shs is a terrible idea along with the story. Jar Jar, I agree with ya, im glad they wont make em either. Also, id be glad not to see a marvel zombie for the rest of my life, ive seen SO MANY customs and other merchandise its terrible

@SpiderVenom@ First of all, I'm a fan of both Super Hero Squad and Minimates. I collect both lines, but if I had to choose, I would say I'm more a fan of Super Hero Squad. I currently have the entire Spider-Man (except the new black suited and Kraven set...hard to find?) and a bunch of the other Marvel heroes. I just found the Gambit and Rogue set (last one at my local Toys R' Us). Has anyone found the Beast/Ice Man set? Anyway, that aside, does anyone have an official release date of the new waves; more importantly Deadpool? Is there a ballpark date out there? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

I will have to agree that marvel is burying the marvel zombies to the ground. I liked it when it was a part of ultimate fantastic four and i really liked it when it had its own 5 shot... but when they started pitting them vs ash and making all these random stories is when it got annoying.

And ok thats cool to gang up on me a little here, its all our opposing opinions. I like the zombie minimates. Im sure they would look weird if they were in cutesy SHS form as well as they wouldnt apply to that brand of product anyway. Im just stating that its weird how they seem to break for you guys. I dont exactly play with them (and im not saying that any of you do) and it is limited in posablity. But i digress, I m not really saying either one is better than the other. I m just not as much of a fan of the way SHS look overall. Cool if you like that sort of fig, but like ive stated not for me.. plus you SHS peoples are winning by 2 votes. boo! lol

@SpiderVenom@ First of all, I'm a fan of both Super Hero Squad and Minimates. I collect both lines, but if I had to choose, I would say I'm more a fan of Super Hero Squad. I currently have the entire Spider-Man (except the new black suited and Kraven set...hard to find?) and a bunch of the other Marvel heroes. I just found the Gambit and Rogue set (last one at my local Toys R' Us). Has anyone found the Beast/Ice Man set? Anyway, that aside, does anyone have an official release date of the new waves; more importantly Deadpool? Is there a ballpark date out there? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Well the kraven black spidey set is rare but its because it didnt get a wide release like it will be in the near future. Same with beast/iceman. Official release date would be in the next month for deadpool because they said "coming in 08" and im guessing they mean early 08

EvilHayato, are u part of any minimates boards? Im not but i do check there every once in awhile and they have specific threads about figures breaking iirc. Its pretty common. My biggest gripe is that theyre all the same size and have very little detail. Id rather have detail then accessories. Look at the new sp3 wave of mates, they shouldve had raised webbing but theyre minimates so theylle just print on the design. Ill admit to being a fan of minimates, i love em, but shs are overall better to me.