minimates or Superhero Squad?

CLAM

Which do you like better?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Minimates or Superhero Squad?

• Minimates
    • Superhero Squad

I haven't seen Minimates in quite some time.. and the only retail stor I know that carries the Marvel Minimates is Target.

That being said, I just picked up a bunch of Superhero Squad for 3 bucks each off the Hasbrotoyshop sale (thanks again to Hamsterboy for the heads up).... and I got to thinking, how can these little guys cost 6 bucks? That is how much Minimates cost.

So anyways. I think I prefer Minimates in every way. I like the design style better, they have articulation, they have accessories, they are customizable (swap heads with ease lol), the paint is cleaner, much better value, make them fight DC Minimates, etc...

So what is it for you? and why

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, Minimates by far. To be openly honest, I get really tired of multiple lines per license. I understand these are toys companies and they’re greedy, lets face it, but I can’t help but wonder with some lines. This is one of them. Just why do we need Superhero Squad? So they’re cute caricatures of caricatures. Does that make them worth the price? I just, personally, find them a pure waste of my hard earned. Heck, I find them a waste of plastic - not to be too harsh of it. I just cannot possible fathom as to why someone would collect them, without a child, with the only plausible exception of simply having money to blow and making an impulse buy. Plus, truthfully, even as a child I’d still rather the Marvel Legends…

Minimates are Superhero Squads for adults. You get accessories, articulation, interchangeable and customizable parts, staggeringly accurate likenesses for decals, and all in a cute shell. I don’t understand why Minimates aren’t more mainstream. Surely they’d outsell Superhero Squad. I’m sold on the simple and easy customizability alone. I’m eagerly awaiting the release of Mysterio!

Personally, Minimates by far. To be openly honest, I get really tired of multiple lines per license. I understand these are toys companies and they’re greedy, lets face it, but I can’t help but wonder with some lines. This is one of them. Just why do we need Superhero Squad? So they’re cute caricatures of caricatures. Does that make them worth the price? I just, personally, find them a pure waste of my hard earned. Heck, I find them a waste of plastic - not to be too harsh of it. I just cannot possible fathom as to why someone would collect them, without a child, with the only plausible exception of simply having money to blow and making an impulse buy. Plus, truthfully, even as a child I’d still rather the Marvel Legends…

Minimates are Superhero Squads for adults. You get accessories, articulation, interchangeable and customizable parts, staggeringly accurate likenesses for decals, and all in a cute shell. I don’t understand why Minimates aren’t more mainstream. Surely they’d outsell Superhero Squad. I’m sold on the simple and easy customizability alone. I’m eagerly awaiting the release of Mysterio!

What's wrong with multiple lines per license? Toy Companies are just trying to market to very different segments of the population. Why limit diversity, simply because one person doesn't like something. That's not how things work, no matter what you're talking about. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. That's the same reason that comic publishers publish so many books. So there will always be something on the racks that appeals to different people.

Why do we need Superhero Squad? Cause it's a fun easy to collect toyline, that's made with little kids in mind but has enough grown-up appeal to appeal to the adult collector as well. That has managed in just a year to offer an incredibly diverse collection of characters, many who took years to be released in Marvel Legends. And next year is looking even better. And which is at a decent price point so that even the poorest kid can get a fun toy.

How exactly are they a waste of your hard earned money? Unless you're telling us you hate them, but for some reason buy them anyway. That wouldn't make a great deal of sense on any level. It's not like someone at Hasbro is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy them. It's your choice to do so. And while you claim you're not trying to be harsh about it, you're coming off as incredibly condescending to anyone who does like the line.

I for one buy them because they're what toys are meant to be. FUN. It seems that so many adult collectors don't seem to fathom that toys arn't meant to be collectable or for adults. They only became that thanks to companies like McFarlane. They're supposed to be fun for kids. It just so happens that those of us without kids choose to collect them, not for the sake of blowing money, but just because we happen to enjoy them. They're the best figure line in decades.

Superhero Squad is Superhero Squad for adults. Period.

I have a massive collection of Minimates ROTTING in storage. I hate them now. the SHS is vastly superior.

BTW, anyone want some old Minimates (like the first 6-10 series and exclusives) and some custom Minimates? PM me.

I like minimates a lot more. I like that they're very articulated and their character/costume choices have been pretty great. Some of their boxed sets are awesome, like the Marvel Zombies one.

Minimates all the way. But SHS are still cool.

Well id have to go with super hero squad. Both are tempting to get but i started with super hero squad so its the first thing i can say i got from the start. Minimates are terribly expensive at times too. Look at it this way, they both released a sentinel and galactus and i got three sentinels for not even half the price of the minimates ONE.

Superhero Squad.

They've managed to beat Minimates in pretty much every category. Price, Value, Fun-Factor.

And when it comes to character selection, they've left Minimates in the dust in just one year.

beat them in every category? HOW?

Price = I am pretty sure they cost the same amount in retail stores, 5.99.

Value= where is the value in Superhero Squad? To me, they are the giggest rip-off Toyline I have ever seen. Realistically, these thing are no better than something you could get out of a gumball machine. They should cost 3 bucks, at most.

Fun-Factor? again, what is fun about them? I collect them and all, but I am not exactly sure if they are any fun... I probably wouldn't buy them at all if Marvel Legends were still good... they are just filling a collecting hole for me.

And they have beat Minimates in terms of sales because of the companies that make them... Hasbro can get anything they want into stores, even if it sucks! Just look at the Spiderman 3 toys... they were terrible.. a smaller company couldn't have got them into stores. but Hasbro has the name-brand trust to do whatever they want.

anyhow, like I said... i collect Superhero Squad... but I am not sure what is so great about them.

Well id have to go with super hero squad. Both are tempting to get but i started with super hero squad so its the first thing i can say i got from the start. Minimates are terribly expensive at times too. Look at it this way, they both released a sentinel and galactus and i got three sentinels for not even half the price of the minimates ONE.

ah C'mon ... you can't even begin to compare the Sentinels...

I agree, the Minimates Sentinel is too dang expensive.... but its made of resin and its freakin hugemongous.

Minimates all the way, I have pretty much every marvel and dc

I agree, the Minimates Sentinel is too dang expensive.... but its made of resin and its freakin hugemongous.

I agree with everything you have said!!!

SHS are fine, but they dont move and remind me of a happy meal toy.

thats true, but i still believe super hero squad is better.

also you got to remember you comparing two COMPLETELY different things. The only thing that these two have that makes people compare them are size. SHS are for kids, Minimates are for everyone.

One reason and the main reason i like my shs better is size. Most minimates are the same size but lets say shs makes a hulk, hes alot bigger than the rest. Same with the thing, venom, etc. Shs are all the same size but hasbro knows when some need to be bigger. I dont hate minimates i just think shs is better

This argument is going to get heated I'm sure. I'm a superhero squad kind of guy.

1) I don't have a checklist/release order for the Minimates but by my count in the past year we've gotten almost 60 different characters (not counting Emma Frost and Fin Fang Foom, etc, who aren't out yet but are announced) with variations and re-paints bringing the total of different figures to almost 110. Yeah, 17 of them are Spidey though. I think this year's assortments will be different and hopefully we won't get 15 Iron Mans when the movie comes (although each with different armor... could be cool actually). Even if next year we only got 80 figures, if we could keep up that 50% new figure percentage imagine the Marvel U some of us hard core collectors would have.

Minimates, from what I've seen, only tend to put out about 24 figures a year (like 3 or 4 waves a year give or take, plus chases), and when you take out the obligatory extra Spider-Men and Wolverines, it ends up a little disappointing to me. Look at the Ghost Rider Wave as a good example. Roxanne? Caretaker? Yeah, it's a sweet bonus for Ghost Rider afficionados because those characters will probably never get another shot (although I think Caretaker got a GR movie figure too) at action figuredom but I think the majority of collectors looked at that wave as a waste. With that in mind, the upcoming MM waves with Havok, Polaris, Ultron, Vision, and Ms. Marvel have a lot of SSH fans drooling. By the same token, the only MM Namor and Dr. Strange I know of are in the Defenders pack that you have to get through the online exclusive channels. Rogue was wave 10. You still don't have a Gambit. Hawkeye is coming in wave 20. You still don't have a Wasp. Your only Black Panther is a zombie (although the only Nick Fury SSH has is Ultimate.) You don't have a Scorpion or a Lizard. In MM's defense, I'm still waiting for a classic Green Goblin, Kingpin and Leader.

20 waves (counting the upcoming waves which I don't know if they're out or not), times 7 figures a wave (counting chases) equals 140 characters. Add in the exclusives, mail-aways, convention specials and you're probably up to 160 MMs over 5 years. That's actually pretty impressive and I'm not knocking that. It's seriously impressive to me that the line has managed such a large body of figures as diverse as they have. Now, that having been said, in one year SSH has put out 6 waves of 4 2-packs (although 5 and 6 came out together earlier this month), 4 waves of 3 2-packs (for Spider-Man), 4 of the Mega Pack 2-packs, the playset and the two vehicles, one 8-pack with repaints, 3 5-packs (which had a mix of new and re-painted figures in each) for a total of over 100 figures.

I didn't factor in the 2 new mega packs that were recently shown, the 2 new 4-packs, or the next two rumored waves (Deadpool, Spider-Woman, Cable, Psylocke, Ghost Rider with Bike, plus all the obligatory Spideys and re-sculpts) because that's cheating a little.

Now, if next year, MM does another 4 waves (I don't think anything has been announced though), with 7 figures per wave, you're looking at another 28 figures, not counting exclusives.

If SSH does the 2 mega packs they've shown, the 2 new 4 packs they've shown, the last 3 Spidey 2packs, the 2 new waves that are rumored according to Walmart SKUs, you're looking at another 34 figures (although like 5 figures total from the 2 4 packs are just re-paints/slight modifications, and the new Sentinel is just a slight modification bringing the total down to 28 new figures) and that is just with what's both known and shown, and what's been rumored (although I'd trust the Walmart SKUs that previously turned out to be true more than I'd trust the rumor of one guy who said that he heard from his comic store that a dealer said the line was cancelled)

And that's just with what info is out on SSH. If they just do 6 waves of 4 2-packs like last year (assuming they don't do 5 waves of Iron Man, Hulk and Punisher movie packs), we're already at 48 figures, almost twice as many as MM.

2) likenesses. Yeah, Galactus is super cute. Yeah, everyone is a little stylized. Yeah, we still don't have a classic Doc Ock and yeah, we have two too many New Goblins. I don't care though, because in MY eyes, they look truer to the comic characters I love than the oddly one-shape fits all mini-mates. Ok, my Thing mini-mate has a brow on his head, my Doom has a helmet-head, but all in all, they all look a little too similar for my tastes while I've got Phoenix with her power signature flaring, Silver Surfer cruising on his board, Sandman ready to punch with his sand fists. BOTH types figures have a different style than their comic counterparts, but I personally like the more animated universe take of SSH than the one body fits all MM (if I remember correctly, MM Juggernaut and Black Cat are basically the same size, compare to SSH Juggs and Black Cat.) The MMs remind me of the people that put those little animated block-style superhero icons in their signature.

3) Articulation. Articulation on SSH sucks, I'll admit. I see lots of figures with joints that should move, but dont, places where I'd like to see articulation, figures in weird poses and it's a bit silly that if you want Spidey crouching, you have to buy a different figure than Spidey punching and Spidey jumping. Conversely, the Minimates that I have may be more poseable, but after a few weeks of picking my Minimates up everytime the slightest shake knocked them over, I let them stay laying down. My SSH are all still standing in perpetual battle with the forces of evil. My Ultimate Iron Man stands like I think Ultimate Iron Man should... while a minimate Ultimate Iron Man would stand like... any minimate. My Hulk looks like he's ready to smash (then cuddle) while my minimate Hulk looks like... any minimate. On a semi-related note, with the new mega pack Apocalypse and Giantman, dig those new crazy shoulder joints! I think in a few more waves, hopefully by the time we get a classic Giant Man or Goliath, the giant figures will be fully poseable.

4) Variants. With SSH, I have been able to track down every variant just shopping the pegs, and going to Toys R Us like twice. The variants are made as widely available as the non-variants (although I wish I had some confirmation about the possible Venom single-pack variant. The Sand Pit Showdown Venom is definitely a variant from the 2 released via 2-packs, but I've never seen the Venom single pack in pics) while MM has Diamond exclusive variants, online only sets, convention exclusive variations, variations packed in with regular figures. It's a mess and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before SSH gets it's share, but until then, I'm proud (ok, proud isn't the word) to know I've got every SSH released and didn't need to put too much effort into it.

5) Distribution. I have seen MMs in Target and Toys R Us a long time ago, and now I see them in FYE but otherwise, I'm stuck paying the over-priced online distributors. At least Hasbro gives a chance to buy almost everything from their site (and with coupon codes! Free shipping! 20% off!)

6) Easy to get into. Almost every SSH is still available. You can still order as far back as series 1 on Hasbro's website (although I think the FF for some reason never made it there). Sites like Entertainment Earth have the rest. In one year with minimum hunting I've got a complete set (which is weird because I'm not normally a completist). With 17 waves of minimates, some harder to find than others, most unavailable except through ebay, dealing with mixed-lot auctions and trying to get rid of dupes, premium priced variants and exclusives the only real way I can see of getting a complete set is either using a time machine to go back several years to start collecting them as they come out or spending a huge chunk on eBay. I know this argument is only really valid for right now because if SSH continues at this pace, 6 waves of 4 2-packs a year, a handful of 3 2-pack waves, some mega packs, then by this time next year the only way for a newcomer to hop in is through ebay and time machines, but I'm happy because I jumped on early.

7) Acessories. I think I lost my Carnage acessories actually. I have a really long Spider-man web. I've heard horror stories about losing the accessories. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to take the billy clubs out of DD's hands, but I'm ok wiht them. Same for Mole Man's staff, Cap's shield. I also know that in most cases, the staff would get lost, one of the billy clubs would get lost during a move, etc. If, IF SSH made accessories, I think they'd probably have to stop with the 3+ age limit, which might limit some of the sales, and thus hurt the figures. Plus, I hate how the MMs all have the same hand so they can all use the acessories. It comes down to a choice... would you rather have the interchangeable boring claw hand, or the useless individually sculpted one? Are you ok with Spidey permanently holding on to a web, or would you prefer Spidey permenantly holding his hand open like he's a robot?

8) Age. This is going to be controversial but I think being aimed at 3+ is a great bonus. Parents and casual shoppers looking for something, anything, to give their kids ("oh look, it's a spider-man for 6 bucks and he comes with a friend to fight with!") means increased sales (aka, a more healthy outlook and more reason to make them) and less incentive to make the collectible/uber rare figures. There are probably as many yellow DDs from the collector packs as there are DD's from the DD and Elektra packs. The impetus for repainting wasn't to get completists to buy the 8-pack, if it was they would have only done a few repaints and filled 5 slots with strict re-releases instead of 2 new "characters" a retooling (Johnny Storm), some solid repaints (Grey Hulk, Dark Phoenix, FA Daredevil). They put it out, and still have it available, because they knew the family market would buy an 8-pack instant collection of characters to play with.

I had a bit of an argument with someone over customizing the other day. I asked if anyone was fluent with customing SSHs, figuring htere was a minimate-like sub-group out there. I was told how SSH was for kids. Sorry, they're made big and chunky and put in the toy store at an age appropriate level (solid pieces for small hands who put things in mouths) BUT Hasbro knows that kids aren't the market. They're not putting out Ultimate Giant Man banking on 3 year old kids knowing him from Ultimates, or aiming for the 12-14 year old kid who may have seen Ultimate Avengers on Cartoon Network because those kids have "outgrown" the toys. They're putting out Ultimate Giant Man and Ultimate Nick Fury for the adults who are buying them because they enjoy. Puma was put out for the fans. If they wanted someone kids might recognize they would have gone with Elektro or classic Doc Ock. Ghost Rider and Punisher weren't put out for the 3 year olds, or kids who watched the movie (once again, because kids watching those movies have "outgrown" these types of toys.) Gambit and Rogue in their 90's costumes aren't aimed at "kids" because with the exception of Rogue's movie appearances, these two haven't been "sellers" since the 90's X-Men animated series and the kids who watched that are probably all now in their 20s.

The Spidey 3 tie-in was a push by Marvel Marketting because Hasbro is smart enough to know the people watching Spidey are outside the minimum age range for the toys. Hasbro is smart enough to know putting out Spidey after Spidey was simply economic gold because Spidey is recognizable. Slapping Spidey 3 on the package and giving us some movie-related villain costumes was just to sell Marvel Marketting on the wave after wave.

The same logic goes for the Star Wars line! All those obscure robots from the movies are made to appeal to the adult collector with more than a passing interest in the line. Yeah, parents buy them for kids who have no idea what an R5B30 is, hell, I don't even know what one is, but they could just as easily put out a few more Han Solos.

The age thing bothers me because the people who use it as an argument don't seem to appreciate that 10 years ago (actually, still in some part to this day) the general public thinks "comic books? Toys? Those are for kids!" (queue the obligatory reference to mature audience comics and the attempt to tell me that thanks to Ghost World, Hellboy, Road to Perdition, History of Violence, the upcoming Wanted and Watchmen, modern America now respects "the graphic novel" as the next great storytelling medium.)

We probably won't see SSH zombies anytime soon, but I'm ok with that if I can get even 30 new SSH characters (plus obviously more re-sculpts, re-toolings and re-releases) this year.

9) Swag. Ok, so MM Spidey has a piece of plastic webbing. My Spidey has 3 cars and a bank playset. Yeah, the bank playset isn't as cool as an X-Mansion or Stark Tower with Sentry ship, and I'd rather have a Quinjet or Blackbird than the Spidey-Jeep, but they're still fun little backdrops. It's like the 90's Toybiz stuff... for every Blackbird we had an X-Men bathtub tower with water-squirting feature. Having a shelf of Spidey characters acting out a daring rooftop battle near the local bank just LOOKS so much more fun than having some MMs doing the generic endless wave of heroes versus wave of villains. And Wolverine on his bike is just cool.

10) Customisation. Minimates has it beat, but I think it's because it's rather formulaic. Find a likeness of a costume on one of the generic bodies, then paint a likeness of a face on one of a few dozen helmet/hair/head combo variants, while SSH is dealing with being relatively new (thus less time to cultivate a customizer's culture) and with being a difficult mod. A casual customizer is still going to have to put in some decent work with sculpting, shaving and painting to do anything other than simple repaints because by and large, the characters don't look like each other. Also, the parts aren't as swappable as say Marvel Legends. Ironically, I think that in the long run, given the variety of sculpts (including Star Wars and Transformers bodies) available, if Hasbro can keep chugging along then SSH customization might overshadow MM customization.

And THAT is why I see the good parts of Minimates, but I prefer SSH.

MM Pros: Customisation, some great characters that don't have an SSH counterpart, more "mature" sets like Zombies, articulation, accessories, not aimed at "kids", lack of "cuteness."

SSH Pros: Relative availability of characters including variants, even early figures still available straight from manufacturer and online retailers without nasty "collectors" markup, some great characters that don't have MM counterparts, different sculpts, speed and quantity of releases, vehicles and playsets, more large scale figures cheaper, no lost acessories, availability of characters that probably shouldn't be aimed at "kids", lack of robot claw hands.

And to me, the SSH pros outweigh the MM pros. For those that like MM though, they probably think the MM pros outweigh the SSH pros.

You said we dont have a classic dock ock but i was looking in toyfare and they had an add for super hero squad with a two pack of classic dock ock and spidey, so i guess take that minimates?

I just realized that super hero squad cant be targeted towards kids too young because if they were theyde be in the section with spiderman and friends, not next to transformers and LCBH

I kinda think people dont like shs because of what else were getting. People dont want cute versions of their heroes is what it sounds like to me

Classic Doc Ock was a rumor I'd heard coming out of the games Hasbro put up on the SSH website featuring a classic Doc Ock. They also showed the new Sentinel design in a wallpaper and Fin Fang Foom in a puzzle game, so I thought Doc Ock was going to be a reasonable future addition but I don't read Toyfare so thanks for the heads up. I'd still prefer a classic Green Goblin however. Then maybe some Thunderbolts who are sorely unrepresented in just about every toy line (I think Zemo has a ML...)

I agree that the placement as kids toys is unusual since they're like the only 2-3 year old appropriate toys in the Spidey/Action Figure section at most places, but I'm willing to write that off as merchandisers trying to tie toys together by character/organization/company and not by age or something. I think Hasbro puts them out in a format that's ok for kids that age, making them a style that's not horribly offensive to parents while unique and "stylized" to collectors, and chooses a nice mix of "name" characters like Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine and Captain America with characters for the collector market (Ultimates, Black Panther, Ant Man, older X-Men characters like Gambit, Rogue, Pyro) and appropriate repaints/retooling (US Agent, FA Daredevil, Dark Phoenix, Johnny Storm, Fuzzy Beast... as opposed to the DC approach where you end up with digital tiger stripe camo Batman and Superman with Kryptonite repellant orange day glow tights) that appeal to the more hardcore collector.

I can also see your point about what else poeple are getting. With ML, minimates, SSH, 5 inch, Marvel Select and whatever else, there's a format for everyone and most of those either try to be true to comic (Marvel Select), true to movie (5 inch), true-ish to whatever (ML), true to the style of the figure (MM), and true to the style of cute (SSH)

Although searching for that Toyfare info led me to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Mast.../IronManSHS.jpg this info http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showt...d.php?p=5977608 about the new Iron Man wave. Well, 5 new Iron Men out of a wave of 8 figures isn't TOO bad I suppose. Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man and an official War Machine (not just a repaint but old school 90's War Machine) are pretty good catches I'd say. With the Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man and Fin Fang Foom Iron Man, we're going to be up to 8, meaning more Iron Men than Wolverines, but that's cool... "this is really Happy Hogan in Iron Man Armor... this is really Pepper Pots in Iron Man Armor..."

I heard of those iron mans but toyfare kept takin them down. THANKS FOR THE PICS DUDE!

As for dock ock, his pick was REALLy small at the bottom of an ad and i think it looked good but black spidey is just meh but then again, it was REALLY small.

Again this is something i just realized, alot of the super hero squad collectors have kids or younger siblings. I think from what ive heard this is a great way to introduce marvel to kids. spiderman and friends was only ten or more characters.

What's wrong with multiple lines per license? Toy Companies are just trying to market to very different segments of the population. Why limit diversity, simply because one person doesn't like something. That's not how things work, no matter what you're talking about. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. That's the same reason that comic publishers publish so many books. So there will always be something on the racks that appeals to different people.

Why do we need Superhero Squad? Cause it's a fun easy to collect toyline, that's made with little kids in mind but has enough grown-up appeal to appeal to the adult collector as well. That has managed in just a year to offer an incredibly diverse collection of characters, many who took years to be released in Marvel Legends. And next year is looking even better. And which is at a decent price point so that even the poorest kid can get a fun toy.

How exactly are they a waste of your hard earned money? Unless you're telling us you hate them, but for some reason buy them anyway. That wouldn't make a great deal of sense on any level. It's not like someone at Hasbro is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy them. It's your choice to do so. And while you claim you're not trying to be harsh about it, you're coming off as incredibly condescending to anyone who does like the line.

I for one buy them because they're what toys are meant to be. FUN. It seems that so many adult collectors don't seem to fathom that toys arn't meant to be collectable or for adults. They only became that thanks to companies like McFarlane. They're supposed to be fun for kids. It just so happens that those of us without kids choose to collect them, not for the sake of blowing money, but just because we happen to enjoy them. They're the best figure line in decades.

Superhero Squad is Superhero Squad for adults. Period.

Here, I’ll tell you what’s wrong with multiple lines. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could make more money that they didn’t bother to stop and think if they should. What has been the only constant in the modern marvel toys license? Marvel Legends! Even Spider-Man classics has been canned! Hardly any of these lines survive past two or three years. Superhero Showdown, Hulk Classics, X-men Classics, Fantastic Four Classics, Icons, Figure Factory, and others haven’t lasted. These were all decent lines. Now we're given more? Attacktix? Does anyone buy these? Honestly? Hasbro has brought superhero squad, titanium, 5’’ lines, unleashed, origins, and the signature series in a little over one year. Talk about an overload!!! Holy multiple lines Batman!!! At least Toybiz’s classics lines made sense - essentially collaborating with the ML line. The only current side line I’m aware of selling decently is the one we’re discussing now - Superhero Squad.

I despise when a company milks a license to superficially limitless ends. It’s cheapening and tactless. It’s disgusting, quite honestly. It shows me that their effort is more in the money and less in pleasing the consumer. I understand they’re trying to make money…but come on. I’d much rather their effort and focus went into important lines, like Marvel Legends, which personally, I think Hasbro clearly has displayed a lack of focus considering the majority of what we’ve been given lately.

Clearly you’re not rational. I’m of the true opinion that we don’t need any toy line. It’s luxury, not a necessity. Obviously. So, rationally, from a real world perspective…I don’t even need ML’s - I simply want them. So I certainly don’t need a line obviously marketed toward children.

I gladly don’t purchase SHS!!! I consider them a waste of money, hence why I don’t buy them. It makes a great deal of sense. Even with an up and coming Mysterio in the line…I’m still passing. If you wish to take me condescendingly…feel free. It’s no hair off my back.

And you claiming Superhero Squad is for adults is almost laughable. Have you actually seen these things? Look at them directly and then tell me their main creation was for adult consumers! You can’t!!! If you do you're deeply cemented in deinal. But then what do I expect from a person who is named Jar Jar Binks. Clearly you’ve not matured…

I can't understand how any man would want to collect superheo squad. The line is for children and girls. I could understand buying it if it was the only single line that offered Marvel characters that has ever been made and you love Marvel so much that you'll take any representation of those characters you can get. Marvel Legends are for men and SS are for girly men. If I'm home alone on a friday night playing with my action figures you can damn well bet they'll be Legends! Nuff' Said!

Here, I’ll tell you what’s wrong with multiple lines. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could make more money that they didn’t bother to stop and think if they should.

Haha wait businesses are out to make money? Stop the presses!

What has been the only constant in the modern marvel toys license? Marvel Legends! Even Spider-Man classics has been canned!

Spider-Man Classics was around before Marvel Legends and lasted 18 series ... on just Spider-Man variants. The fact that it is currently on hiatus is not really surprising ... Marvel Legends is basically a direct shootoff of Spider-Man Classics anyway, it has a lot larger universe to cover so it makes sense that this year it finally passed Spider-Man Classics in amounts of waves.

Superhero Showdown, Hulk Classics, X-men Classics, Fantastic Four Classics, Icons, Figure Factory, and others haven’t lasted. These were all decent lines. Now we're given more? Attacktix? Does anyone buy these? Honestly? Hasbro has brought superhero squad, titanium, 5’’ lines, unleashed, origins, and the signature series in a little over one year. Talk about an overload!!! Holy multiple lines Batman!!! At least Toybiz’s classics lines made sense - essentially collaborating with the ML line. The only current side line I’m aware of selling decently is the one we’re discussing now - Superhero Squad.

Not everyone is you, Hasbro has the MASTER MARVEL LICENSE, meaning they are making stuff for all aged groups and demographics. Just because you the "most important person in the world" doesn't like something does not mean other people don't. Basically Hasbro has taken lines they have been successful with with their other properties and used Marvel characters for them ... now whether you don't like them doesn't matter because its a proven formula and there are people who are going to want to buy it.

I don't really understand your anger over something other people happily enjoy, its not like you are forced to buy it. Unless you are just angry over capitalism, then I dunno, can't really help you out there ... system has worked out for me as long as I been around.

And you claiming Superhero Squad is for adults is almost laughable. Have you actually seen these things? Look at them directly and then tell me their main creation was for adult consumers! You can’t!!! If you do you're deeply cemented in deinal. But then what do I expect from a person who is named Jar Jar Binks. Clearly you’ve not matured…

Thank god we have the bastion of maturity and reason on our boards.

And people buy things for whatever reason they want, just because you aren't doesn't mean there are people that buy them for whatever reason makes them happy. I buy them because I can enjoy an affordable Marvel universe I can share with my kids, of course the line is made for kids ... but the collector part of me loves filling out the Marvel universe while my kid enjoys having a bunch of little dudes he can play around with and learn about the characters that are in upcoming movies or in comic books or whatever. So it works out for the both of us, he digs these over my Legends, these take up less space, I get to see new faces all the time ... its win win for me.