STREET FIGHTER - ROUND 5 QUESTION?

UrbanSaboteur

Hi,

Can someone tell me who the planned releases were for Street Fighter Round 5 by SOTA?

Also did they produce any images online of these in advance before cancelling. I now know that the revolutions line is in production and due out May 08. :D

I just wanted to see what differences there are and look back at what was planned.

Rich

I think the prototypes of the early Revolution which was Zangief, Dhalzim was part of ROUND5 and then there's was a Dee Jay prototype if i remember correctly.

Haha, the mighty TNI has it all. I found the prototype pics for Round5 from SDCC06

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&al...FStreet_Fighter

Ya, SOTA's Scott says that Zangief will be the biggest figure in the SF line. Judging by the pix, he's close to a baf size.

The Revo line seem pretty awesome ! I just wish they could keep with the 2 heads and 2 hands accessories. But still I'm happy with the new SF figs we've seen so far.

It was originally January 2008 but SOTA delayed it (yet again.....they delay EVERYTHING)....till May 2008.

This company has really gone downhill. It's like a coma patient or something, who wakes up every once in a while and then falls back into a coma.

I still have my SF Round 1 & 2 figures back when the figures were QUALITY and SOTA was on top of the world.

However,SOTA's endless delays and crappy figures when they finally do put something else out (The Previews figures were plagued with breaks,loose joints and terrible paint apps) really killed my interest in the SF line.

It was originally January 2008 but SOTA delayed it (yet again.....they delay EVERYTHING)....till May 2008.

This company has really gone downhill. It's like a coma patient or something, who wakes up every once in a while and then falls back into a coma.

I still have my SF Round 1 & 2 figures back when the figures were QUALITY and SOTA was on top of the world.

However,SOTA's endless delays and crappy figures when they finally do put something else out (The Previews figures were plagued with breaks,loose joints and terrible paint apps) really killed my interest in the SF line.

SOTA's Round1-4 were great. I can't think of any crappy figures so far. The preview line's QC might be due to the change of toy factory or cheaper plastic because Gouken didn't had that much problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, SOTA's site says the Revolutions series1 is "estimated" to arrive on May 6th,2008. Let's have our fingers crossed and hope that this IS the final release date. I'm planning to order a few sets online with my friends and ship them to Hong Kong. So please! No more delays.

One thing that i must add,

Dee Jay isn't part of the next release of figures is he? It's Zangief, R.Mika, E-Honda and Dhalsim. I have mine on pre-order, I tried ordering the Ryu, Ken & Akuma revolutions set but theres no purchase option for Ken & Akuma :o

They have stated throughout the Q&A on the ask SOTA thread that they intend to make all the SF characters available in this line at some point, maybe there was problems with Dee-Jay and they had to start again?

Maybe they felt that E-Honda, Zangief and Dhalsim should be released before him?

I just hope they stick to their promises.

Maybe SOTA wants to make the original 8 characters first and keep Dee Jay for a 2nd wave.

So far we've seen prototypes of Alex and Dee Jay that aren't in any announced series. So they might be in series2. THere's still a long way to go for Street Fighter line.

• 2 weeks later...

They had stated a while back why they changed series 5's lineup and why they decided to change the figure line to be deemed "revolutions". Series 5's lineup was going to be Zangief, Rolento, Juni and Juli, Dhalsim and Dee Jay. They had problems deciding if juni and juli should be a 2 pack or just be variants of themselves. The wave was constantly delayed and then out of nowhere they cancel wave 5 and change the lineup to what it is now.

They state that they wanted to finish off the original 12 characters from SFII's lineup before going and doing the other characters. I wish they wouldve kept deejay in the lineup as he would finish up super turbos lineup as well. But they always make sure they put in an obscure character as well as a female character and R. Mika definitely fits that bill (however i wouldve rather had ROSE!!).

Also they were having money problems as well as serious factory problems. They had to change factories because of some shady BS going down. Sota was also having and are still having problems with their Darkstalkers line of figures which makes me sad. They released the previews series to show that they are still around and that there is a new transition of sculpts coming to the SF line.

The previews set was basically ken and ryu with Series 4's Akuma body with new head sculpts but they definitely looked and are pretty amazing. My only problem with them is the paint apps and production value are a bit shoddy compared to their previous series. Hopefully they remedy this before Revolution comes out. Ive had my preorder for this and the darkstalkers series since 5/05! yes its been that long since they were supposed to come out.

Well, SOTA is still keeping their words. We're getting Zangief,Dhalsim and EHonda to finish the original 8 from SF2. I guess they also want to have a female character in the line up so they put in R.Mika. Dee Jay will most likely be in series 2 like I said before.

I personally prefer Mika than Rose but I'd be happy to get either one or BOTH :P

i agree in taking what we can get, but i happen to like rose more than rainbow mika. We just always want all our personal favorites. Im kinda surprised they havent ventured to the SF EX series. They already tapped in to SF3 as well as Alpha, i wonder if capcom will have them do SF4 figures as well? I know (in SF4) they are more beefier than what has been released except I think the previews versions may work well. meh who knows.. i just hope this line keeps going.. i still really wish that Darkstalkers would live but its looking less and less likely it will even have its first wave go through.

here you go

_MG_8195.jpg

and a pic of dee jay for those that havent seen

IMG_1660.jpg

as well as what couldve been Darkstalkers series 1 variants or series 2 in general

Lilith

_MG_8184.jpg

Dee

_MG_8188.jpg

yeah im a fan of pretty much all of them.. and charlie would be excellent. We ll see where they go after Revo series 1. Since they are trying to do the original sfii 12, then hopefully the rest of the new challengers from super turbo with deejay being the last one in there and then on to final fight and alpha figs as well as sf3.

Well, I think the SF EX rights are different from the rest of the SF because the EX characters was created by Akira and not Capcom. SOTA replied that it's just not worth getting another license just for 4-5 characters. But I would have been cool to see Sharon,C Jack, DD Dark, Gradura, Kairi made into figure form.

im a street fighter fanatic, so yeah this thread piqued my interest. SF EX would be interesting and cool, but unnecessary. I would love to have a garuda, doctrine dark and kairi figs though. Arika may have developed the game but capcom still published it. but either way, i think we all would agree on having more street fighters. Im still curious if Capcom will have SOTA do figs for SF4. Afterall they are planning on doing alot of new additions to the cast, particularly more female fighters. (One is rumored to be remys mom) When i say they, i mean Capcom to SF4 just to clarify.

If the Crimson Viper chick turns out to be Remy's mom then I sure will be pissed. In Remy's bio, it stated that he hated fighters because his father was a fighter and left the family because of that. Making his mom a street fighter will make no sense.