Red Hulk in the Hasbro Hulk Wave

LegendsCollector07

1. Hulk was originally grey because of printing problems.. They intended him to be green, but couldn't do it at the time.

2. Red Hulk is not just another version. Red Hulk is a different character. It will not be Bruce Banner from what I have heard

1. No, Hulk was originally intended to be grey, but the colors kept coming out wrong during the printing stages, green was the color that was most predominent on the wrongly colored pages, so was used in place of grey.

2. No one really knows the answer to this one, but for me to have ANY interest in this character at all, it has to be Banner. Otherwise this isn't the Hulk, it's just some wacko just using his name.

I'm clearly in the minority, but given that the well is running pretty dry on Hulk variations, I'd say go for it. Regardless of what the character ultimately turns out to be, we've already had Smart Hulk, Joe Fixit Hulk, Maestro Hulk, Planet Hulk, Savage Hulk, Sal Buscama Hulk, Ultimate Hulk, Jack Kirby Hulk, Movie Hulk, and several different varieties of green Hulks.

So, yeah. Why not the red Hulk?

I agree.

I HATE the idea of a red HULK,Planet Hulk and World War Hulk were Great stories-I don't know why Marvel always Screws things up-so to answer the question "NO" to a red Hulk figure-I'd rather see the Hulk's Warbound buddies in plastic.

I say we give it a chance and it might turn out cool

1. Hulk was originally grey because of printing problems.. They intended him to be green, but couldn't do it at the time.

2. Red Hulk is not just another version. Red Hulk is a different character. It will not be Bruce Banner from what I have heard

1. No, Hulk was originally intended to be grey, but the colors kept coming out wrong during the printing stages, green was the color that was most predominent on the wrongly colored pages, so was used in place of grey.

2. No one really knows the answer to this one, but for me to have ANY interest in this character at all, it has to be Banner. Otherwise this isn't the Hulk, it's just some wacko just using his name.

Both wrong on #1.

1. He was always supposed to be grey ( Kirby based him off the black and white short movies of his childhood of Frankienstien and Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde and these were also his favorite books), but they couldn't get the machines of the time to shade him properly. So they used green because it shaded better and they had more green ink for the presses.

As for #2

2. Anybody can be called a Hulk,

Pronunciation: \ˈhəlk\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle English hulke, from Old English hulc, probably from Medieval Latin holcas, from Greek holkas, from helkein to pull — more at sulcusDate: before 12th century 1 a: a heavy clumsy ship

2: one that is bulky or unwieldy

2hulk Function: intransitive verb Date: circa 1825 1dialect England: to move ponderously

2: to appear impressively large or massive

• 1 month later...
why? just get a hulk figure and re-paint it red....if ya want to save money.

Hasbro should stop making hulk, iron man, wolverine, etc varients and get every character done first, then make the varients.

WARNING: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. PLS. DON'T HATE ME TO DEATH. WANT SOMEONE TO HATE? HATE THE SCALPER ONE. ^_^

oooppppsss! i agee on not making any more wolvies, and hulks, but iron man? we all need a lot of iron men!

you can't make a hulk armory..

you can't make a wolvie armory..

but you can certainly make an iron man armory.. so, Hasbro, keep doing iron man figs. please?

Hahah no worries no hate here. anyhow, whos the "scalper one"?

you don't know? the one who grabbed 11 deadpool figs from the store he's working at, and kept it all for himself so that he could sell them for a stiff price... wreckshop.

maybe he was trying to start an deadpool army? I saw a pic of someone with 20 sentinels or something...WOW!!! anyways, like i learned from another thread...theres the loose guys and the package guys. My forum idol Ares (name in vain) of war explains everyhthing perfect.

Hasbro should stop making hulk, iron man, wolverine, etc varients and get every character done first, then make the varients.

WARNING: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. PLS. DON'T HATE ME TO DEATH. WANT SOMEONE TO HATE? HATE THE SCALPER ONE. ^_^

oooppppsss! i agee on not making any more wolvies, and hulks, but iron man? we all need a lot of iron men!

but you can certainly make an iron man armory.. so, Hasbro, keep doing iron man figs. please?

the only problem with thta is hulk, wolvy, etc. are the ones retailers are interested in, so we need one of those guys to show up every few waves. it's pretty much why we're gettting a blk. spidey in HML5.

the only problem with thta is hulk, wolvy, etc. are the ones retailers are interested in, so we need one of those guys to show up every few waves. it's pretty much why we're gettting a blk. spidey in HML5.

not only that but you can depend on one of the character that people know out side the comic to be in it. that why we have beast daredevil and punisher coming next people outside the fan base know them (either movie or some guy constantly talking bout them lol :P)

look at the romour next wave Spider-man and silver surfer were last year movie Big one so it not surpirsing they'll be made. this year or next year we'll probally get a Iron-man ML figure. i mean has anyone heard of a Iron man wave. Where my iron man wave?!!! (no not the movie)

Back on the subject, Red Hulk. why not? Hulk has been green, grey, purple/black (still waiting one this version) and back to green (each and every time.) I mean what do you people want? non stop version of him in is purple trunks. It not even bruce, it a new guy. Don't forget that Spidey and Rick Jones ( maybe some more i'm not sure). have been hulks aswell so another hulk version would be great.

So no reading whats going on in april with this new Hulk is there is going to be a throw down with the Red Hulk (who from what I read in Hulk number one Rick Jones) and our favorite green bad a$$. Now tell me this, who would not want that in thier display? I still keep the same opinion after reading Hulk number one Marvel has not ruined the Hulk but mixed up the series from the traditional Hulk stuff, like they have doing these past two years. So a Red Hulk would be an awesome variant in the Hulk Hasbro wave if not in another wave.

Absolutely not! The hulk has always been green and thats the way he should stay. This is marvel's biggest mistake.

i feel like that's a pretty bold statement. a little overdramatic.

MARVEL COMICS stop messing with iconic characters and the versions of how they look. Stop changing their costumes and coming up with stupid events and crap just to cover up that hardly any of todays writers can tell a god damn good story to keep the comic books interesting. Also STOP FRIGGIN killing them off just to try to tell a "good" story. Most of those stories suck and you end up reviving them anyways to sell more comics. The "ultimate sacrifice" shouldnt be an option in heroic comics cuz heroes can come up with better ideas to solve the problem, thus leading to a good writer. Jeez I can't believe people tolerate that S**T in comics anymore. So sick of it. Here Marvel Comics...take.. all...of...it...Ok everyone my rant is done and I am...spent.

so basically they should stop writing comics? Or just have the same old story over and over again? the writing is bound to be somewhat repetitious for characters who have been around for 40+ years.

I just feel like saying "stop changing their costumes and coming up with stupid events" - so then what should they do? Costume changes aren't a bad idea and coming up with 'events' are what make comics fun. Should the characters be sitting around drinking coffee wearing the same outfit and then maybe stopping a bank robbery?

the 'event's as of late have been really awesome (in my humble opinion) - Messiah Complex, WW Hulk, Civil War, house of M....

Absolutely not! The hulk has always been green and thats the way he should stay. This is marvel's biggest mistake.

i feel like that's a pretty bold statement. a little overdramatic.

MARVEL COMICS stop messing with iconic characters and the versions of how they look. Stop changing their costumes and coming up with stupid events and crap just to cover up that hardly any of todays writers can tell a god damn good story to keep the comic books interesting. Also STOP FRIGGIN killing them off just to try to tell a "good" story. Most of those stories suck and you end up reviving them anyways to sell more comics. The "ultimate sacrifice" shouldnt be an option in heroic comics cuz heroes can come up with better ideas to solve the problem, thus leading to a good writer. Jeez I can't believe people tolerate that S**T in comics anymore. So sick of it. Here Marvel Comics...take.. all...of...it...Ok everyone my rant is done and I am...spent.

so basically they should stop writing comics? Or just have the same old story over and over again? the writing is bound to be somewhat repetitious for characters who have been around for 40+ years.

I just feel like saying "stop changing their costumes and coming up with stupid events" - so then what should they do? Costume changes aren't a bad idea and coming up with 'events' are what make comics fun. Should the characters be sitting around drinking coffee wearing the same outfit and then maybe stopping a bank robbery?

the 'event's as of late have been really awesome (in my humble opinion) - Messiah Complex, WW Hulk, Civil War, house of M....

Thanks, finally someone agrees, I like when these events come up it kind of breaks the mold. The Secret Invasion story event coming up and that thing where the avengers got taken over by Venoms got me interested in the illuminati and Avengers story lines again. Things like this revive ones interest in the Marvel Universe which is alright with me. :D

The Red Hulk IMO is not Bruce Banner, but reminds me of one of his old foes. Anybody heard of Madman ?? (Clue: he's RED and can be as strong and as huge)

I've heard people say he's red but he looks brown to me *shrugs*

Anyway, he hasn't been heard from in years, I highly doubt it's him.

Marvel's biggest mistake!?! One More Day anybody!

thier biggest mistake to slap tits on a character and say look everyone....this character is cool now. how many times are they gonna do it? the latest casualty is loki....I am getting tired of it. LOKI IS THORS BROTHER, NOT HIS SISTER! Boobs dont make for new and fresh...good ideas do. at least hulk is a good idea...but I bet you they would have turned him into a chic but...oh they already have a hulk with boobs.

We need to keep the Iron Man armory going! HML wave 1 warmed pegs in my hometown except....Iron Man. Tony Stark has many armors for many reasons. The toy possibilities are endless AND they fit the concept of the character (too bad Civil War screwed up the hero he once was). The Red Hulk may help me forget that crappy World War Hulk storyline (Hulk proved he NEEDED to be shot into outerspace afterall. Pathetic).