No More Mortal Kombat Figures For The Foreseeable Future

The Wire

i am sorry for the peaple who loved the line but to be honest, i am glad that they stoped because i didnt liked them very much. sure there where getting a lot better from wave to wave. all i want now is that a company (lets call the company neca) smells the chicken and grab that license for there video game line. after all those great resident, castlevania, hitman figures, i know neca would bring them out as an amazing sculpt. sure, there would be less articulations but still, i would get all of them. :D

This makes me a sad sad person. Really liked the line.

We do need Tekken figures. Tekken kicks ass.

i am sorry for the peaple who loved the line but to be honest, i am glad that they stoped because i didnt liked them very much.

:

You're "glad they stopped" because you "didn't liked them very much?" Selfish much?

Let's be honest here: MK hasn't been a hot property since MKIII, back in the 90's. I'd say we were lucky to get what we got from Jazwares in the first place. I'm sure that if NECA ever had the tiniest bit of interest in the MK franchise, it would be poorly articulated stactions of maybe the MK1 roster. And that's with three of them being the same repainted sculpt. More realistic though, would be them throwing a figure or two into their Player Select line.

Anyway, it's sad to see the line go out like this. At least they were able to get a few of the big name characters out, and even a sub-boss before calling it quits.

i am sorry for the peaple who loved the line but to be honest, i am glad that they stoped because i didnt liked them very much.

:

You're "glad they stopped" because you "didn't liked them very much?" Selfish much?

Let's be honest here: MK hasn't been a hot property since MKIII, back in the 90's. I'd say we were lucky to get what we got from Jazwares in the first place. I'm sure that if NECA ever had the tiniest bit of interest in the MK franchise, it would be poorly articulated stactions of maybe the MK1 roster. And that's with three of them being the same repainted sculpt. More realistic though, would be them throwing a figure or two into their Player Select line.

Anyway, it's sad to see the line go out like this. At least they were able to get a few of the big name characters out, and even a sub-boss before calling it quits.

sorry i meant that i am glad that maybe a better company can take over the license. it has nothing to do with selfish. my expression wasnt right :P i think that neca does better figures then jazzwares. thats my opinon. neca doesnt do that much repaints. look at the resident evil line. they took figures from the resident games 1,2 and 4 and they are working on figs of the fifth game. they dont concentrate on one episode of the game. sure they will repaint 3 or 4 of them. the ninjas look all the same in the first games @haha@ . street fighter games arent that great either right now but they have a lot of fantastic figures out there and more to come. by the way hasnt jazzware said that nothing is planned right now? they never said anything about canceling the line. no? i would love that sota does them so i can make one of my dreams come true. mortal kombat versus street fighter. @bounce@

I would have to label the SOTA Street Fighter line as an anomaly. SOTA got a lot of people who weren't even Street Fighter fans to buy their figures, because they made some of the best figures ever. Heck, Street Fighter wasn't really a hot property here in the US either, but SOTA still had a lot of buzz surrounding the line. That being said, I think SOTA would do an amazing job with the MK characters.

Personally though, I'd really like to have some 4" MK figures or snap kits.

I'd have to agree here with Shokker B)

Jazwares were good enough to release certain figures, however I wasn't that impressed. A contact of mine told me the Sub Zero figure came with a sword yet he has closed hands.. so literally couldn't hold the sword? :o

So with that said, I think those who collected the line would "obviously" be disappointed, however maybe Midway or another Toy Production Company will seek to release a new line.

I think if they released 6" figures based on MKI or II series with a similar design to that of the SF line, they'd definately get my approval.

I found two Jazwares SF figures in my local TK Maxx store, marked down in price and so I got them and was really disappointed.

I don't want to see the MK line buried at all and it would be cool to see what another company could do, I'd want them in 6" scale though. :D

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
i am sorry for the peaple who loved the line but to be honest, i am glad that they stoped because i didnt liked them very much. sure there where getting a lot better from wave to wave. all i want now is that a company (lets call the company neca) smells the chicken and grab that license for there video game line. after all those great resident, castlevania, hitman figures, i know neca would bring them out as an amazing sculpt. sure, there would be less articulations but still, i would get all of them. :D

My issue is; why do they make a line around one title. I'd like to see a company (...Anything but neca, McFarlane, or SOTA?!) Hit up the characters in a ML kind of way. Where different eons or Games would be represented. Basically, I would like Sub-Zero in all his forms, Scorpion too and the Same for Smoke. It would possibly be the only way we'd build a full Lin Kiu!

The reason why I don't want neca, SOTA or McFarlane to handle production is because I actually like articulated figures. I am willing to sacrifice design for a functional figure.

Not sure I agree or disagree with all of you. First off, Yes other companies may be able to make the figures alittle better, and Yes Jazwares didnt do a very good job at distribution, and Yes the first wave of figs were horrible. I agree on all of those things. BUT. The figures only cost 5.99, and that was at the two most expensive toy retail stores out there, namely Kay Bee and TRU. None of the manufacturers mentioned provide that kind of detail, articulation and playability FOR THAT PRICE. Sota may be able to add more articulation, and Mcfarlane may be able to add alot of detail, but not for a $6 fig!! Thier figures average in the 15-20 dollar range. I think what we got from jazwares was pretty good for the price. I do agree on many of the gripes about jazwares. Why have a figure come with weapons and then not make him able to hold the F'ing things! finding the figures was a nightmare. I have just now been lucky enough that a friend was able to find Reptile and Black Noob for me. I had to buy Sub Zero and Scorpion from ebay because even online retailers couldnt get and keep the things. I wish I could get my hands on that goro or the Kintaro that was advertised. but never going to happen. I thought everything after the first wave were really nice scupts with decent articulation. Now that I have opened my mouth and raised my tiny peice count by one I will go back to lurking in the shadows and listening to everyone elses opinions.

ps. anyone have any suggestions on how to repaint the grey noob into Smoke...since I am never going to get one

Edit. Didnt get the Noob after all. she went back to the store 10 minutes after she called me and they had sold it. still got reptile though. :)