Lee's Toy Review #182

JayMJ99

Don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but today I picked up the new issue of Lee's Toy Review that has Maul, Bane and Nihilus on the cover and it is frickin sweet! There is a good sized article about the Evolutions series and I actually found a release date for the first time on it. Looks like the rereleased ones will be out January 1st and the new series will follow about a month later. The rereleased the others as placeholders since the new series wouldn't be out on time. Also, there is going to be a fourth set that they haven't announced yet to go with the Maul/Nihilus/Bane, QuiGon/Bultar/Luke, Mandalore/Boba/Jango sets...

It also talks a little about sets that will come out next year, and it said there would be another Mandalorian character other than Mandalore the Indominable. "I will also confirm that Mandalore is not the only Mandalorian to come out next year; fans can look for a couple exciting ones in the comic packs next year as well, tied to the Marvel Comic story line. And that's all I want to confirm right now because that pretty much gives the secret away!"

I don't know much about that line so I have no idea who it would be.

The other intriguing part of the article is the question of if other sets will have Expanded Universe characters:

"There will be at least four new ones in the Spring, in adition to the three originals that are being repacked. Four more sets are in development with a chance that two of them might make it out in the Spring, but if not they will come out in the Fall when we reset everything for the Clone Wars line."

Scanner is not working otherwise I'd scan these...

lee1.jpg

lee2.jpg

lee3.jpg

lee4.jpg

lee5.jpg

Nice, Bane's armor does come off. Last I had heard, it was just the helmet that was removeable. He's a cool character, but I think the Orbalisk armor is stupid looking. And didn't earlier shots have Mandalore with his cloak/cape thing? If not, that's totally lame, he still looks pretty awesome, but I like the look his cape gives him.

And didn't earlier shots have Mandalore with his cloak/cape thing? If not, that's totally lame, he still looks pretty awesome, but I like the look his cape gives him.

Mandalore is complete based on the pics from Celebration.

Nihilus is missing what appears to be a cloth goods cape from those earlier pics.

I’m very pleased with all three of these sets. I’m not insane about the Jedi set, but I’ve been drooling at the thoughts of a SA Qui Gon Jinn for years now. I don’t think I’m capable of waiting for him to be sold separately in a legends line in the future. I hope they fix Jango Fetts helmet however. Anyone else notice the huge dent in the side?