Confession Time!

madman1366

At one time or another everyone has totally blasted certain figures from various lines.

So now, which figures did you totally bash at first and call it the ugliest thing you ever saw only to eventually buy it and come to really like it?

Even better if it was a figure you bashed SO MUCH that you're too chicken to fess up and admit you liked it.

I'll confess that I HATED the beastformers in Cybertron when we first saw pics. I wanted nothing to do with any of them.

Two in particular that I can recall openly blasting to pieces were Backstop and Undermine. I'm still spitting out crow feathers from those. I ended up loving the whole line, beastformers and all.

Tigerhawk....Can't say I hated him but relized it wasn't his fault because after I bought him I noticed that the way he's transformed on the back of the box is horrendously WRONG!!! Just go check it out for yourself....I remember thinking why can't I have this guys job!? lolAs far as ever bashing one then loving it....Never really, if I didn't like the robot I never got a double for it to have loose.

At first I thought the energon toys looked horrible; now it's one of my favorite lines.

I love all my Energon figs. I despise those frakkin' Energon chips/stars and the stupid Autobot Powerlinking and most of the Decepticon "Super Modes".

AND THAT DAMNED YODELING, SKIING FREAK!!!

*breathes slowly*

*ahem*

I also loathe Cyber Keys, and I'm not a big fan of 99% of the Minicons. @hmmm@

On topic...

Can't say I recall hating on any particular toys, then finding I actually like them after I've seen them/played with them.

I hated all the Energon basics but Arcee, and still do.

I hated Energon Prime, and still do, though I have both the deluxe and big one. I love my Energon Bendy Prime since I modded him (bye-bye Super-##$%$#-Mode Helmet and fugly legs!), and I will love my big E-Prime once similar modding is finished on it (legs replaced, helmet gone, slimmed own to heroic, rather than hero-sandwich, proportions).

I hate Energon Galvatron AND that fugly purple G1 re-issue.

I guess the only ones that come close to the topic would be Beast Wars, which I never hated; more that I just had a "wtf?" reaction. I didn't get my first BW toy till well after RiD had come and gone.

I should get it out of the way now that I HATE the animated line.

Unlike other lines where there were at least a few that I would like and did get which led me to get some of the others I didn't like at first, the animated has no such figure at this time.

So barring some kind of miracle, I don't see myself changing my stance on this, but you never know. If I should get some kind of overwhelming TF craving and there's no other options then I guess it's possible that I may get one just to see, but I'm not holding my breath.

I may just turn back to Marvel Legends and run with those for awhile. I was going to sell them off, but I'm managing to hold on to them for now.

...Oh yeah...one more thing, I STILL LOVE MY GOBOTS!!! :D

I can't say I overwhelmed by the animated stuff either...BUT there's hope when I read the new Toyfare yesterday it appears in the classics line we're getting Prowl and apparently Bluestreak.YAY!!!!

Didn't Hasbro specifically say at SDCC(?) that characters wouldn't be getting used in two main lines at the same time? o.O

I can't say I overwhelmed by the animated stuff either...BUT there's hope when I read the new Toyfare yesterday it appears in the classics line we're getting Prowl and apparently Bluestreak.YAY!!!!

Didn't Hasbro specifically say at SDCC(?) that characters wouldn't be getting used in two main lines at the same time? o.O

I don't remember if it was at sdcc, but I know hasbro said it recently.

Perhaps it's simply Hasbro wanting to make nice for axing the Titanium Prowl that many of us were looking very forward to.

It's not like Hasbro hasn't changed their minds about certain things before, they just don't always let us know they're reasons for why they decide to make certain changes that seem to go against what they previously said.

Personally, I just don't think they want to admit to us about how much the fandom may indeed be influencing some the decisions they make. Can't say I'd blame them for that either, the last thing they need is to embolden people even more.