25th Joes deleted from my Wal-Mart?!?!

Jack Left Town

Joes,

Every morning I visit Wal-Mart on the way to work. I usually check out the GI Joes (of course) and the Star Wars figures, with a glance at the Marvel Legends and then a quick trek to the DVD section.

So, Friday, I go in and notice the 25th Joe pegs are empty. No shock there, since that's often the case. But I noticed the tags were missing, too, and replaced with SIGMA 6 tags. So, I find this dude that works there and ask him what happened. The dude is clueless (as is always the case in Florida) and didn't even know GI Joe was still out.

Yesterday, same thing.

Today, the normal toy stocker lady was there and she is usually "fairly" knowledgable. I asked her what's happened and she tells me that the 25th Joes have been deleted and that's why she took the tags off and replaced them.

"Deleted?" I asked. "That means they're gone?"

She shrugged. "We might get more of those boxed sets, but the single guys won't be back."

"How can this be?" I cried, falling to my knees. "These things don't sit on the pegs for ten minutes before someone scoops them up! The always sell out immediately! What... do you have to make more room for the Power Rangers crap or these WWE figures that NEVER sell?"

She shrugged again and walked off, to hopefully some horrendous fate... like a beer swilling renecked yahoo!!

So, I climbed to my feet, stared at the heavens and yelled "Khaaaaaan!"

So, now I walk down the aisles and see the ignored HUNDREDS of Pirates of the Carribbean figs, Transformers figs and Spider-Man figs that just sit there and rot day after day. Now, I have to drive to the Wal-Mart 10 miles away.

My question is... WHY would this happen?

JLT

Mattel shut down all orders.. My store had 82 figures on order for months.. One day the manager told me that they were cancelled....Then the next weekshe said that Mattel had opened up Gi Joe for manual re-orders and since then, Gi Joe has been hitting in this store like clockwork, Every 3 days....It has been all of the new waves too.

I think they just did it so they could start from scratch with the new waves...There are a bunch of Wal-marts around me that do not even carry the 25th figures but they all are in Jan. THANKFULLY, my WM is the best in the UNIVERSE!! I can walk in EVERYDAY and eithr find new Joes, SW, or Marvel Legends.. .I even found the brand new Green Lantern and Hawkman figures from the Batman line today.

Wal Mart just makes new tags for product as they come in to keep the pegs updated with what is actually available. 4 days ago there was a lone CC on the peg with a tag that red G.I. JOE COBRA COMMANDER, not a general 25th tag. then after it was sold the pegs were restocked with wave 3, and after that sold out immediately, the two remnant figures were placed on their own pegs with their own tags: G.I. JOE BEACH HEAD and G.I. JOE RED NINJA. don't read anything into a lack of pegs for product not actually available.

• 4 weeks later...

The Joe-less Super Walmart near me has moved the wrestling figures down a few pegs. Now there is a space between those & the Corps figures. Incidentally this is where the other Super Walmart has their G.I. Joe figures.

My local Walmart is a small Walmart and they have never carried the line. Could be Hasbro is dropping the name 25th anniversary since that has now come and gone. Maybe the line is going to be called the 26th anniversary this year.

count me among the empty to since early december. I'm dying to find wave 5, or wave 2 of the comic packs. Heck i've even decided i migh tbuy a single pack duke if i can find one for a custom. I figured that would be everywhere.

Yeah, I had to go 4 hours south of me for work and on the way back I hit every wal-mart on the way back and only 2 out of the 5 had any GI Joe type of GI Joe stuff. Sigma 6 or whatever........it was pretty lame. Thank God for Target......or I wouldn't have any 25th figures.

"deleted"??? @hmmm@

Judging by my Walmart experience (regarding Joe stock and availability...and such)

I don't believe they were ever INSTALLED.

@loll@

I have a 5-pack and 4 singles of the 25th assortment and that's IT!

I can find more white sponge MUSHROOMS in the woods, on a rainy may morning hike thru the woods, than I could ever find of these things. ^_^

Of the two Walmarts here, one has never carried anything from the 25th line. The other Walmart was really good about getting Joes in stock...all the boxsets and Waves 1-3 of the single cards showed up in large quantites. Now, they've removed the tags, so both Walmarts in town are void of Joes.

Joes,

Every morning I visit Wal-Mart on the way to work. I usually check out the GI Joes (of course) and the Star Wars figures, with a glance at the Marvel Legends and then a quick trek to the DVD section.

So, Friday, I go in and notice the 25th Joe pegs are empty. No shock there, since that's often the case. But I noticed the tags were missing, too, and replaced with SIGMA 6 tags. So, I find this dude that works there and ask him what happened. The dude is clueless (as is always the case in Florida) and didn't even know GI Joe was still out.

Yesterday, same thing.

Today, the normal toy stocker lady was there and she is usually "fairly" knowledgable. I asked her what's happened and she tells me that the 25th Joes have been deleted and that's why she took the tags off and replaced them.

"Deleted?" I asked. "That means they're gone?"

She shrugged. "We might get more of those boxed sets, but the single guys won't be back."

"How can this be?" I cried, falling to my knees. "These things don't sit on the pegs for ten minutes before someone scoops them up! The always sell out immediately! What... do you have to make more room for the Power Rangers crap or these WWE figures that NEVER sell?"

She shrugged again and walked off, to hopefully some horrendous fate... like a beer swilling renecked yahoo!!

So, I climbed to my feet, stared at the heavens and yelled "Khaaaaaan!"

So, now I walk down the aisles and see the ignored HUNDREDS of Pirates of the Carribbean figs, Transformers figs and Spider-Man figs that just sit there and rot day after day. Now, I have to drive to the Wal-Mart 10 miles away.

My question is... WHY would this happen?

JLT

Although as a fellow fan I certainly empathize with your plight, I think the real question we should be asking here is; do you ride a bicycle to your local Walmart? I only ask this because 10 extra miles isn't that far to have to go for new Joes. Heck, I spent a half tank of gas one day searching my area for new product! In other words, don't lose hope young one. The toy section folks at most Walmart stores don't know jack, so I wouldn't worry just yet that Joe product has been pulled for good.