Need Help Fixing Flakey 25th Card Art

iostream71

The 25th card art is bad-ass, so much so that I bought doubles to keep mint. Only problem is...it flakes off. I got my wave 4 case and half of 'em are missing bits of the silvery part. I'm kind of anal about stuff like that and it drives me nuts. I was wondering if a silver paint pen could fill in the big gashes. Anybody try something like that?

The 25th card art is bad-ass, so much so that I bought doubles to keep mint. Only problem is...it flakes off. I got my wave 4 case and half of 'em are missing bits of the silvery part. I'm kind of anal about stuff like that and it drives me nuts. I was wondering if a silver paint pen could fill in the big gashes. Anybody try something like that?

A paint pen probably won't achieve the same effect as foil... although trying something like that on a card is more likely to cause it to look worse than better... just keep them out of the sun (UV = bad) and in a relatively low-humidity environment.

They changed the cards already because of the flakes.

Here is an example with the Cobra Trooper cards...

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic...f=10&t=4517

Old card is on the left & new card on the right.

The new cards are duller & not so shiny. You can tell by tilting the card a little. Also it appears the new cards don't have the black outline by the code names.

there is a layer of foil underneith the card art... so when the cards rub together in the cases, often the foil starts to shine through the art in places... it sucks.

I didnt need silver foil on the cards at all. What would have been nice is THICKER cards and bubbles just like the old ones. Accessories go on a smaller bubble on top of the figure bubble, or to the side if they need it. Roadblock looks so dumb because they stretched his bubble out.

it's silver foil because its the 25th anniversary - captain obvious I know - but there's a reason they went with the silver foil look.

I too would have loved for accessories to go above the figure in their own separate bubble but they need to distinguish the 25A packaging from vintage packaging as well - not just the figure construction/design.

I think the current 25A packaging is a respectable take on the vintage packaging. Compromises were made here and there (card quality), but if they replicated the vintage packaging then what would be the point?