Toyfare poll winner

gambit329

did anyone else get the new issue of Toyfare?

It came in today for me...and they listed the poll winners.

AOA Sunfire WON.

are you KIDDING ME?!?!? SUNFIRE?!?!?!

ugh.

so the list goes like this.

1) Sunfire

2) FA Storm

3)Silver Samurai

4)Magneto

5)Lilandra

6)Gambit (WTF!?!?!)

7)Northstar

8)Aurora

i cannot believe this. I'm actually really really annoyed with the results. i love X-Men, but i really don't even LIKE the flames on Sunfire...they look silly. The FA Storm looks awesome. I can't believe she didn't win. And like...GAMBIT came ahead of Northstar and Aurora?!?! i COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT!

heh, but i guess i'm complaining about something that maybe other people are happy about? i dunno. I just can't imagine not so great remakes of Magneto and Gambit beating newer characters such as Lilandra, Northstar and Aurora. Or the Sunfire beating other figures that were obviously superior....

what does everyone else think?

I reckon that Florida votes helped in ensuring that...Sunfire is the next Toyfare winner.

Seriously it is name recognition.

Northstar & Aurora are the two weakest names among the group so naturally they would fall in the bottom of the pack.

Storm, Magneto & Gambit are household names but they already have their figures.

The real winner here is Silver Samurai, but Australia and the Asia Pacific would vote for Sunfire to ensure that if they do make it an exclusive at least the others would be made into regulars.

did anyone else get the new issue of Toyfare?

It came in today for me...and they listed the poll winners.

AOA Sunfire WON.

are you KIDDING ME?!?!? SUNFIRE?!?!?!

ugh.

so the list goes like this.

1) Sunfire

2) FA Storm

3)Silver Samurai

4)Magneto

5)Lilandra

6)Gambit (WTF!?!?!)

7)Northstar

8)Aurora

i cannot believe this. I'm actually really really annoyed with the results. i love X-Men, but i really don't even LIKE the flames on Sunfire...they look silly. The FA Storm looks awesome. I can't believe she didn't win. And like...GAMBIT came ahead of Northstar and Aurora?!?! i COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT!

heh, but i guess i'm complaining about something that maybe other people are happy about? i dunno. I just can't imagine not so great remakes of Magneto and Gambit beating newer characters such as Lilandra, Northstar and Aurora. Or the Sunfire beating other figures that were obviously superior....

what does everyone else think?

[ I loved Gambit and Magento since I was little. None of the top figures had my vote. @grumpy@ ]

i would guess that its that, no one voted for northstar or aurora because one is no good without the other. if they have the sculpts ready then we'll probably see them eventually in a 2 pack. i like the storm the best as well, but shes a popular character and we'll see her anyway, i have 2 storms in my collection and a 3rd that i would like to pick up, sunfire probably drew more votes just because there isn't one of him at all. would have liked him better as a regular series figure with a original costume variant, but i know thats asking too much.

as for silver samurai, magneto, lilandra and gambit, i can see that order. i would have put gambit before the lilandra, but thats just me. i'd like a lilandra, but they seemed to be kinda phoning it in on that one.

i would be more for that gambit if i knew they were gonna do jean grey, and wolverine and others in those uniforms. i only want a yellow/blue era characters if i can have enough to make a team. that would be a hell of an easy box set for them to do, use mostly repaints and add that gambit in for the new figure.

i hope they heed the advice of others mentioned here, as well as myself, that he should be done in the clear orange plastic like many of the great customs of him that have come before.

any mention on when we get him?

I dont know I thought Sunfire looked really good, though I hope they'll make him in clear plastic and in a deeper color as the yellow doesn't really work that well for the whole flame on thing. Storm would have been the one I wanted to win, but this isn't that bad to me.

I could understand if it had been the classic Sunfire version that had won, but AOA version?

Silver Samurai shoulda won!

Big pass for me.

i would guess that its that, no one voted for northstar or aurora because one is no good without the other. if they have the sculpts ready then we'll probably see them eventually in a 2 pack. i like the storm the best as well, but shes a popular character and we'll see her anyway, i have 2 storms in my collection and a 3rd that i would like to pick up, sunfire probably drew more votes just because there isn't one of him at all. would have liked him better as a regular series figure with a original costume variant, but i know thats asking too much.

as for silver samurai, magneto, lilandra and gambit, i can see that order. i would have put gambit before the lilandra, but thats just me. i'd like a lilandra, but they seemed to be kinda phoning it in on that one.

i would be more for that gambit if i knew they were gonna do jean grey, and wolverine and others in those uniforms. i only want a yellow/blue era characters if i can have enough to make a team. that would be a hell of an easy box set for them to do, use mostly repaints and add that gambit in for the new figure.

i hope they heed the advice of others mentioned here, as well as myself, that he should be done in the clear orange plastic like many of the great customs of him that have come before.

i totally agree with you about Lilandra. My hopes were that they'd improve it if it were chosen. but I'm sure it's dumb of me to even think that...

And exctly. i don't WANT a Gambit in that outfit unless i have others. Does anyone remember the old 90's Toybix box set? I wanna say it was an exclusive to wholesale retailers (like Sam's or Cosco)...it was all repaints of like, 3 different bodies and previously released Xmen heads....with the bodies painted in that uniform. It was pretty good for the time.

But yes, it says that Sunfire will be released this summer. I feel like that's a long ways away. but i dont actually care. I'll probably still buy it (im a sucker and would ahve bought whichever figure won)....but im not happy about not being able to get a FA Storm or Northstar instead.

i hope everyone here is right and we'll see them all released eventually anyway.

they just need to do an X-Men classics. then they could release every figure from the poll....

i totally agree with you about Lilandra. My hopes were that they'd improve it if it were chosen. but I'm sure it's dumb of me to even think that...

And exctly. i don't WANT a Gambit in that outfit unless i have others. Does anyone remember the old 90's Toybix box set? I wanna say it was an exclusive to wholesale retailers (like Sam's or Cosco)...it was all repaints of like, 3 different bodies and previously released Xmen heads....with the bodies painted in that uniform. It was pretty good for the time.

But yes, it says that Sunfire will be released this summer. I feel like that's a long ways away. but i dont actually care. I'll probably still buy it (im a sucker and would ahve bought whichever figure won)....but im not happy about not being able to get a FA Storm or Northstar instead.

i hope everyone here is right and we'll see them all released eventually anyway.

they just need to do an X-Men classics. then they could release every figure from the poll....

The box set was called "Strike Team" it came with a Stryfe and Skrull Figure too right?

Anyway disappointment on the winning figure. I'm passing on it.

Aurora and Northstar are the bottom two because those were butt-ugly figures they designed for them.

Gambit sucked, but I am pretty sure he came out ahead of them just because he has Marvel Legend knee and elbow joints. Lilandra and Magneto lost because of the same thing, they have ugly jointed figures.

The top 3 (Sunfire, Storm, Silver Samurai) are the only halfway decent figures of the bunch... and even they aren't very good.

I hope Hasbro cans all of those protos and starts fresh.

Am I the only one happy Sunfire won ? The one character from AOA I REALLY wanted as a kid, and now it's FINALLY getting released. Plus, if your going for current events, another villan to add to the fold. Say whatcha will, I'm stoked as

hell about this figure.

he wasnt my first choice but im looking forward to him. he will go nicely w/ aoa wolverine.

i don't know what people are surprised about Sunfire winning. we knew it would be either Sunfire, Storm or Silver Samurai. I voted for him cause he was a new character.

personally i don't really care who won as long as the figure is decent. and this figure is the second best one in the bunch, first of course being storm but i really wanted a sunfire.

So does anyone know when they are goin to be out? and will anyone give a Irish man a bit of a hand getting him?

Not my favorite, but they all looked good. I wanted FA Storm, but oh well. Sunfire will look great standing next to Weapon X.

Aurora and Northstar are the bottom two because those were butt-ugly figures they designed for them.

Gambit sucked, but I am pretty sure he came out ahead of them just because he has Marvel Legend knee and elbow joints. Lilandra and Magneto lost because of the same thing, they have ugly jointed figures.

The top 3 (Sunfire, Storm, Silver Samurai) are the only halfway decent figures of the bunch... and even they aren't very good.

I hope Hasbro cans all of those protos and starts fresh.

Nuff said...

cheese_oh_cheese.jpg