SoCal Dreadnoks

nov316

Hey I didnt want to post this in the other tread so Ill do it here.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who stood up for us. It means alot to me that we have this kind of love and support from fellow collectors.

Ive always said it and I stand by it. Find fellow collectors and form a club. I tell you what Ive got the whole set of 25th figs and didnt have to drive everywhere to get them, why? Because my fellow Noks were out there looking for them to share with everyone. There is nothing better then hooking up with your boyz to trade, sell, and buy Joes. To bull$hit about Joes! To discuss the toyline, comics, cartoons and even the upcoming movie.

One more thing before I go, if you are down in SD and arent part of our club you are losing out. So come one, come all and........

JOIN THE SOCAL NOKS or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Live ZARTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whens the next meet bro?

Hey I didnt want to post this in the other tread so Ill do it here.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who stood up for us. It means alot to me that we have this kind of love and support from fellow collectors.

Ive always said it and I stand by it. Find fellow collectors and form a club. I tell you what Ive got the whole set of 25th figs and didnt have to drive everywhere to get them, why? Because my fellow Noks were out there looking for them to share with everyone. There is nothing better then hooking up with your boyz to trade, sell, and buy Joes. To bull$hit about Joes! To discuss the toyline, comics, cartoons and even the upcoming movie.

One more thing before I go, if you are down in SD and arent part of our club you are losing out. So come one, come all and........

JOIN THE SOCAL NOKS or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Live ZARTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if that's all you do, I guess it sounds alright... but perhaps you should reconsider your slogan "Join or die". To someone who just got back from searching fruitlessly for a recently released wave, it almost sounds like you're holding my team hostage, asking extortion fees to allow them to join the ranks of my other fellow Joes.

You see, my first impression when you say "collector club" is the 45 year old guy with a pony tail who stands at the Target entrance at 7:45am, then immediately as they open the doors, follows some crazy pre-planned route through the store, running when he knows the clerks can't see him, so that he can get to this Hotweels and Matchbox cars first, then somehow makes it to the joes before the rest of us (those who are walking like normal people) and scoops up the whole fresh case's worth of figs. In elementary school, people like this got put in garbage cans...

so no hard feelings.

... ps, definitely signs of wave 5 cases at Walmart Clairemont today. Even an "original 13" commando, much to my great pleasure. All I really care about at this point is an original storm shadow, and a destro. It's all about the card art, nothing else.

I also bought a beachhead, lady jaye, and cobra trooper to give to the marines for the toys for tots drive.

Wish I could join something like that. I'm in Nor Cal. The only other collector I know of in this area is Clam.

Where are you in nor cal? I'm in the central valley south of fresno.

We started a Collectors group locally to help each other out, though we mainly collect Star wars, there's a couple in the group that have also helped me get some Joes.. and I think a couple of them also collect Marvel and Transformers..

We try to get together once a month, sometimes twice a month, and now we're gonna start having some customizing meetings, where we'll get together and help eachother customize figures and dioramas..

it's cool to see you originators, lol.. alonf with the NY Vipers still around.. I try to think of all the meet threads and pics I've seen in the past to help incorporate into our meetings to make it a fun little group to get together with..

When my Dad was younger, he'd have his buddies come over, shoot some pool, play cards and throw on the juke box and kick back with some beers.. I don't see it any different with us getting together, only instead of pool and cards, we're throwing on the ipod, drinking some Mt. Dew(so far, all are meets have been in public places like Dennys and a library, so beers just yet)... and trading, talking and BS'ing about toys!!!

here's a pic from our last meeting.. the main focus was the new Target Battle packs.. people didn't want to shell out $50 for one.. some of us wanted just one figure in it, others a vehicle.. so we bought some and split them up between various members..

Dec1Meet.jpg

see.. meeting up with other fellow collectors is a good thing too!!!