Iron Man Movie Carded Images from China

boywithgun

I'm glad I never opened my TBML1 Ironman now. I'd been tempted to since,

A: It's the only ML IM I own, and

B: My Hulks have been getting antsy and needed someone to pound on.

Now with the new versions coming out I don't HAFTA open my TBML one, which I feel is MUCH inferior to the newer stuff.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not counting that tiny ass lil round thing nor am I counting the MASK! Because all Ironman figures todate have a mask you can take off

HoM box set Ironman did NOT feature a removable face plate/ removable mask. just FYI

BTW, these look amazing and I will DEFFINATELY be getting Monger, Prototype, MK3, and MAYBE Mk2 (may even get 4 extra for an easy Ultron army). I am still on the fence about MK1.

This week's Toyfare sports this cover. Looks like the IM figure we've seen, but could also be a 12" Icons version, the detail is really top notch. Also the elbow joint is painted gold and on the 6' figs we've seen its been red.

If someone gets this please post scans. :)

I should be getting in the mail this week, however we're not allowed to post scans of the mag. I'd be happy to relay any new info though.

Son of a....I want ALL of these! Dang it! Well, at least I won't have the standard problem of only wanting the one figure that everyone else wants. I'll be happy to find any of these! Though, of course, there's still some important ones in the bunch. I want that Iron Monger pretty bad, and the Mark 1 armor is huge and awesome looking!

However, I didn't expect to be interested in another normal looking Iron Man. This is by far one of the best looking; I just hope he moves well. Anyhow, I'm a sucker for repaints so I'll get that grey one too, for a sort of War Machine if I want.

Awesome job here! Can't wait for 'em. I hope they do what they've done with the other movie lines and put some redesigned characters in the line that weren't in the movie.

I'm not counting that tiny ass lil round thing nor am I counting the MASK! Because all Ironman figures todate have a mask you can take off

HoM box set Ironman did NOT feature a removable face plate/ removable mask. just FYI

BTW, these look amazing and I will DEFFINATELY be getting Monger, Prototype, MK3, and MAYBE Mk2 (may even get 4 extra for an easy Ultron army). I am still on the fence about MK1.

Don't count anything designed by Uhg pat lee uhgnnn But yeah thanks I didn't know that since I don't have that one yet :P

Alot of people including myself have been begging for the old double knee and double elbow back. Some have also said get rid of the BAF if will incease the quality of the product and keep price the same. Could Hasbro have been listening????? Either way i am very happy and i don't even like iron man. They indeed have set a new standard for themselves. Keep it up Hasbro, i have not bought a full wave yet but i am going to now. I am not even gona get a BAF out of it but i don't care cause the figures are very nice.

As dissapointed as I am not to see any repacks of some "older" Ironman ToyBiz figures (mainly all of the wave one figs)(stinking rumors lol). I think these look great and will more than likey grab a couple of them.

I do not think that these are actual production pieces. I haven't seen this mentioned but, the writing on the right side of the Mark 01 breastplate would indicate that the figure is a prototype. Perhaps a test-shot, etc.

I do not think that these are actual production pieces. I haven't seen this mentioned but, the writing on the right side of the Mark 01 breastplate would indicate that the figure is a prototype. Perhaps a test-shot, etc.

Nah... The writing is obviously part of the figure. its supposed to be there. It looks like some kind of military writing. Plus, remember, the Mark 01 suit is some kind of proto itself... hence it would make sense to not look as finished as the other suits.

It is based on the movie, and the movie trailer as well as the exhibit by the Marvel booth at the San Diego Comic COn has the life sized armor with the same stencil markings on its breast plate. My guess is in the movie, Tony Stark welded and jury rigged the plating from whatever armor plates were available during his captivity to create his first armor in order to escape his captors.

Upon closer inspection, I will concede to my error. The lettering is clearly stenciled on as part of the design, as opposed to the hand-scribbled notations common on many pre-production pieces. Thanks for setting me straight, gents.

It is based on the movie, and the movie trailer as well as the exhibit by the Marvel booth at the San Diego Comic COn has the life sized armor with the same stencil markings on its breast plate. My guess is in the movie, Tony Stark welded and jury rigged the plating from whatever armor plates were available during his captivity to create his first armor in order to escape his captors.

ah man.... how about a SPOILER ALERT!?!?!??!?!

@lol@

I'm not too interested in movie figures, but if I were...I'd be very pleased with these. They look surprisingly amazing for Hasbro. I am going to pick up Mach 1 Ironman and Iron Monger - but I’m going to use them as generic robots (doom bots anyone?) for my comic counterpart figures to fight.

Ah! So I'm not the only one who is constantly scouting robot toys for Doom Bots!

I'm with you all the way; Iron Monger and the Mark 1 armor are totally gona be Doom Bots! Heck, I've been using the Mecha Hulk as a Doom Bot for ages (which is why I handed over the little freak in it's back to Ryno) so it'll be nice to have some new bots for the ranks.

As dissapointed as I am not to see any repacks of some "older" Ironman ToyBiz figures (mainly all of the wave one figs)(stinking rumors lol). I think these look great and will more than likey grab a couple of them.

I wouldn't count re releases out just yet! I'd love to see some boxed sets or something of old toybiz stuff... I am sure we will see SOMETHING before the movie is done!

@lol@

How could you not know that already?.. :D :D

I wouldn't count re releases out just yet! I'd love to see some boxed sets or something of old toybiz stuff... I am sure we will see SOMETHING before the movie is done!

@lol@

How could you not know that already?.. :D:D

I knew that. Cause i saw the animated version. They are actually really good, if u haven't seen Ironman or Dr. Strange i highly recommend them both.

@lol@

How could you not know that already?.. :D:D

I knew that. Cause i saw the animated version. They are actually really good, if u haven't seen Ironman or Dr. Strange i highly recommend them both.

My take is Stark builds the Mark 01 armor FROM the pieces of the missile he is supposed to build, which has the lettering.

Hmm...that Toyfare magazine has Batman and Hulk as some of revealing topics. I wonder if we'll get some pics of The Dark Knight figures... @bananna@

Anyways, Iron-Man figures look really good, I think Hasbro did a good job on these.

Ahh, slip of the tongue ! But watch the animated DVD movie too. You know how they rehash the main theme over and over . . . to trace how they gained their heroic origins, albeit updated to modern genre of course. Same as the Dr. Strange animated DVD .

I was just kidding man.... I think that is pretty close to his actual origin, if not THE origin...

Tony Stark gets captured and injured, and makes the armor to survive and escape... he used to need it to keep his heart going or something too.... (I am not a big Ironman fan, but I think thats the gist of it)

I just bought the new Toyfare magazine with the Iron Man movie figures. Hasbro is serious about their Iron Man product. They show Mark 1 and 3 armor figs. Two waves of Superhero Squad are shown which includes a classic Titanium Man. 12 inch Iron Man has light, sound and missle launching action. You know how you save up for Christmas shopping? Start saving up for your 2008 Shellhead Shopping! 12 inch Repulsor Power Iron Man, FTW! (Had to say it...)