Batgirl Deluxe - DC Direct 13" Variant pics

CkRtech

Hey all. Well...it's official. I am now a part of the 13" DC club. I've been wanting Batgirl since her first convention debut earlier this year. From that point until now, there have not been very many pictures of the figure. Even after its release, I have not seen many pictures. I assume Shaun Wong and Michael Crawford will have some excellent pictures up on their websites here soon. Until then, perhaps I can help out a bit.

I snapped a few photos of the Variant 13" Batgirl. She looks really good....really good. There are a few complaints, but overall I am happy with the figure. I also have the Classic 13" Batgirl. Classic will probably get displayed with the 70s Mego Batgirl that is on the way. Goodness - it'll be beautiful.

The pictures.

I thought it was nice of them to do different photos and graphic art for the Classic and Variant Batgirl boxes. Rather than just toss the variant inside a mass printing of the "standard" Batgirl box, they did some different photos and different poses. Forgive my glare. I was in a hurry to shoot the boxes.

batbox1.jpg

batbox2.jpg

Opening the front flap reveals a picture all too familiar for Batman/Batgirl fans -

batbox3.jpg

As I took her out of the package, I noticed a few things that were disturbing. Glue on the cape. Chipped paint on the hands. How on earth did glue get on the cape? Did I hear correctly that chipped paint on the hands is "normal" for the DC 13" line? That's disappointing.

batback.jpg

batchip.jpg

Since the variant has "real hair," Barbara comes packaged in "cafeteria mode"

hairnet.jpg

Carefully removing the hairnet and untwisting the hair leaves it in a very...err...neat and tidy..<cough>...style. Errr...well..... Just look!!

bathair.jpg

Your fears have been confirmed. Rat nest Batgirl does exist (but I still love her).

Okay here are some full shots. I thought they did a great job with giving her a strong but sexy look. The loose-fitting belt that you could tilt at an angle helps quite a bit.

batfront.jpg

bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

Extra notes:

batboots.jpg

The "Batpurse" comes packaged "off" the belt. I haven't decided to put it on or not.

batbag.jpg

The half open hands grip the Batarang very easily. Accessories and extra hands:

bataccessories.jpg

Finally, here is a shot of the base with brightness/contrast up high so you can see the logo:

base.jpg

I thought the color scheme of both the Variant and the Classic Batgirl is excellent. I like the fire red hair of the variant Batgirl. It contrasts with the blue, black and yellow quite well. The classic Batgirl hair is quite a bit more tame both in paint scheme and in the fact you don't have to manage it.

I know you hair haters are out there, but I still love this one. All I need now is a 13" scale motorcycle. Make it happen DC!

Jase - Ahh man. These figures look great. I don't know if I am going to jump in on the whole thing or not. It sure can be expensive.

Leroy - Not sure about opening the other one yet. I don't really have a good place to put her, and I don't want to have both Batgirls right next to each other in the display case. Hmmmm...we'll see. Maybe when the Mego one shows up, I'll have to do a photo shoot of them both.