Are the Comic 2-Pack Repaints the DiC colors?

Glue

Hasbro said at the con they'd be attempting to homage both the comics AND the Sunbow cartoon. Hell, I'm miffed that Duke is just brown boots away from my perfect Sunbow Duke as they are even including Sunbow rifles with damn near every Joe comic figure thus far. Scarlett, however, does look more "DiC-ish" than anyone else, but she shares the same color set as here last comic figure except for the more purple.

But I'm not sure I see any direct link as most of the figures/characters seen in the DiC series are likely not going to get figures to begin with, and classic characters reappeared in either their repaint subset colors, or their new designs.

Hasbro said at the con they'd be attempting to homage both the comics AND the Sunbow cartoon. Hell, I'm miffed that Duke is just brown boots away from my perfect Sunbow Duke as they are even including Sunbow rifles with damn near every Joe comic figure thus far. Scarlett, however, does look more "DiC-ish" than anyone else, but she shares the same color set as here last comic figure except for the more purple.

But I'm not sure I see any direct link as most of the figures/characters seen in the DiC series are likely not going to get figures to begin with, and classic characters reappeared in either their repaint subset colors, or their new designs.

Wouldn't hurt if we got a DiC-ish Lady Jaye. :)

-Kevin

Wouldn't hurt if we got a DiC-ish Lady Jaye. :)

-Kevin

I still think once upon a time, Hasbro considered releasing Lady Jaye in with Slaughters Marauders, considering how her look echoed the motif of the subteam and her prominance in Early DiC episodes.

Heh. It was a guess based on the battle armored Cobra Commander coming in wave 6 which seemed to be DiC-ish. And wasn't Iron Grenadier Destro, and Night Force Flint also during the DiC era?

Night Force Flint wasn't released until 2004, but the Eco Warrior Flint was featured :P

In regards to the versions of Cobra Commander and Destro, Dic was working with what they had. At the time of the production of Operation Dragonfire in 1989, those were the ONLY versions of the characters available (or recently available), and even then, Cobra Commander v3 was largely gone from retail by 89, much less 1990.

My personal suspicion is that the primary reason those two are getting done so early is because they are central characters to the brand, and are just really dynamic figures