Sign in to follow this  
Jack Left Town

Finally found a Dark Trooper!!

Collectors,

I rarely post here, since I'm mainly a GI Joe collector, but Star Wars was my first love, so I pick up figures if I like'em and army build clone troopers and Storm Troopers.

They were opening new cases when I got to Wal-Mart this AM on my morning trip before work and I snagged the New Jango Fett w/poncho, a Clone Commander and the gold coin Dark Trooper.

This Dark Trooper is soooo cool! I will consider trading him if anyone wants him. I am army building Cobra Troopers (hint hint), so make me an offer!

JLT

I too found two gold coin darktroopers and am willing to trade if not I'm just going to return them....PM me if interested....

Just so you guys know, all the Darktroopers have gold coins. It's nothing special.

Yep all Dark Troopers have gold coins. However technically they are special because it is the #1 Fan's Choice.

I demand a recount! @smilepunch@

Yeah, they're not all that uncommon either: I've seen three or four, as opposed to say figures like Revan, which I've only ever seen once. I have the 98 version, he's not really impressive.

They should have just made a new mold for the Dark Trooper anyway, it's been since 98 since we last got one so it's not like they just made the mold a year ago and want to get more use out of it (though I'm sure that and the desire to make it on the cheap is part of it.) And it's the fan's number 1 choice, we probably won't see this character get made again for at least another ten years, why not just give us a super-articulated and less chubby version with a gun that's more accurate.

Actually, with the rate Hasbro is running out of movie characters to do and the amount of EU they're getting into, we'll probably get a new Dark Trooper in a couple years and all kick ourselves for buying this one again. Not that I'm complaining about more EU stuff, I love EU.

The whole point of this Fans' Choice deal was repacks. Which figures did the fans want to see re-issued again. There was never any potential for a new mold for anything this time around.