OFFICIAL PHOTOS: Wonder Woman: Series 1 - Wonder Woman

off2uk

I'll have to eyeball 'em in the store to see. I really like the regular WW figure but I can't stand having figures on the shelf that are out of scale with others. Plastic Man is OK but the only other Justice figure I picked up was Black Canary and I have to put her in the back or she towers over everyone else.

I'll have to eyeball 'em in the store to see. I really like the regular WW figure but I can't stand having figures on the shelf that are out of scale with others. Plastic Man is OK but the only other Justice figure I picked up was Black Canary and I have to put her in the back or she towers over everyone else.

If your an avid DCD collector, I really don't know why the scale issue should surprise you & others that collect this line. Their scale compatibility has been horrendous for yrs now. They really need to stop with the false advertisement that this is a 6" scale line when in reality, it's more 7' scale.

My advice to my fellow scale compatibility fans is to wait till the Mattel DCUC line starts later this month with wave 1 & start fresh with your DCU figure collecting. Unlike DCD, this line will be 6'' scale compatible, feature awesome generic, non-artist specific sculpts by the 4HM , way more POA than DCD figs & cost around $5 less!

However, if you like pre-posed, 9 POA, out of scale figs that are artist specific, keep on collecting DCD.

If your an avid DCD collector, I really don't know why the scale issue should surprise you & others that collect this line. Their scale compatibility has been horrendous for yrs now. They really need to stop with the false advertisement that this is a 6" scale line when in reality, it's more 7' scale.

My advice to my fellow scale compatibility fans is to wait till the Mattel DCUC line starts later this month with wave 1 & start fresh with your DCU figure collecting. Unlike DCD, this line will be 6'' scale compatible, feature awesome generic, non-artist specific sculpts by the 4HM , way more POA than DCD figs & cost around $5 less!

However, if you like pre-posed, 9 POA, out of scale figs that are artist specific, keep on collecting DCD.

Some of the DCD stuff has been decent though, less POA yeah but still pretty decent.

The entire Hush line was great.

I've got a Cheetah, Captain Cold, Deadman, Phantom Stranger, and Martian Manhunter from various lines that are all real nice.

Mongul and Booster Gold are OK too.

I'll have to wait and see (in person) what the Mattel DCUC stuff looks like before I decide to switch over.

It will be nice to pay less for my toys and know that they're in scale, I've skipped plenty of good looking DCD figures because they're too big.

I intend to customize one of my duplicate Wonder Woman figures with the missing eagle head. So I spent a little time in Photoshop tonight concepting what I want it to look like. I'm actually going to sculpt it on with Apoxie Sculpt, then clean it up and paint it. When finished, it should look something like this:

Wonder_Woman_008.jpg

Wonder_Woman_009.jpg

I picked up WW today. I had planned to give it to my fiancee for Christmas (she's a total WW mark) but it's such a good looking figure I'm going to have serious trouble not opening it early.

I may go back and pick up Circe too.

I picked up WW today, too. And... holy heck, I think this Wonder Woman is one of the most beautiful female figures ever made by DCD (and the colorful packaging contributes to this appreciation); the sculp is almost flawless. Specially at her face, carefully detailed with a very nice feminine looking. The whole "sexy" pose, however, it's slightly out of balance so the display base is actually needed at times.

Now, on the not-so-cheerful comment. She is tall. And I mean, taller than most of my DC characters shelf. She's taller than my Supes, than Batman (Hush) and I don't need to mention what happens with Green Lantern, Flash or IC Firestorm... I'd love to get a WW figure so beautifully done like this to fit among the rest of the figures, but what the hell. It's too much to ask.

wwfig01qh3.jpg

WW & WW

wwfig02fc9.jpg

The Brave and the bold...

Actually, I liked very much the older WW from JLA series (2003), despite the rather simplistic sculpt and pale skin tone. Without a doubt this new figure comes as a major improvement, but DC direct has to pay more attention to the scale next time.