Disheartening to say the least

blndweasel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can sympathize with the original poster. To me, the only thing worse than a scapler is an army builder. It's just creepy to see a grown man with 300 crimson guards, vipers, clones and stormtroopers on his shelf.

Do you display any of your collection?

So If you have 300 different figures on display thats ok? just not the same figures?

if your creeped out by army builders your in the wrong hobby, what kid

is going to have the funds for 300 of anything?

If they made decent 3 3/4

Frank miller Spartans, I probably couldn't afford 300 but you bet yer stars

I would buy as many as I wanted.

After reading this topic for a while now I decided to conduct an experiment. I live in RI which is a small state as you all know. I went to all 9 Walmarts, 3 Targets, 2 K-marts and the 1 toysrus in the state, plus 4 Walmarts, 2 Targets, and 2 toysrus in Mass that are close to the border. I found little if anything for 25th joes. While I have found all 3 waves and 5 packs at some of these same stores before it has been few and far between. I really wonder what the problem is. Is it with the retailers or Hasbro. Hasbro can't seem to keep the single packs in stock on their own retail website. Granted my experiment was a one day deal, but its been like this since the 25ths hit shelves in July. I hope this is not the future of this line.

The problem isn't with the retailers. It's because some loser goes in there at 9am and buys ten Cobra Officers because he thinks he's General Patton or something. It's a sickness. I've heard that a pig will eat itself to death in order to keep the pig next to it from getting his feed, even if he's already full. I have no doubt that some collectors would spend their last penny, even if they were starving, just to buy that last Crimson Guard, just so they know that they won the big collecting hunt.

Damn those army-builders, with their armies of Flints, Beachheads, Fireflys, Lady Jayes and Buzzers!

Seriously its not army builders...I could understand jumping to that conclusion if the non army builders were still on the pegs...but they're not they're all gone. Army builders aren't going to army build Serpentor and the other non army builders. I went to a Target and all I found was a Cobra Officer, Red Ninja and Cobra Commander. You're telling me the mythical army builder that bought all the other figures left the red ninja and Cobra officer? Doesn't make any sense. Neither does blamming army builders for your inability to find the figures you want. My guess 2 real reasons #1 Low distribution #2 Scalpers (whenever you have low distribution you have scalpers trying to buy and resell whatever they can). Does anyone on this board have a massive army of 25th ann figures?

Damn those army-builders, with their armies of Flints, Beachheads, Fireflys, Lady Jayes and Buzzers!

Seriously its not army builders...I could understand jumping to that conclusion if the non army builders were still on the pegs...but they're not they're all gone. Army builders aren't going to army build Serpentor and the other non army builders. I went to a Target and all I found was a Cobra Officer, Red Ninja and Cobra Commander. You're telling me the mythical army builder that bought all the other figures left the red ninja and Cobra officer? Doesn't make any sense. Neither does blamming army builders for your inability to find the figures you want. My guess 2 real reasons #1 Low distribution #2 Scalpers (whenever you have low distribution you have scalpers trying to buy and resell whatever they can). Does anyone on this board have a massive army of 25th ann figures?

Yea, I have a TON of carded Wave 1-4 Except, I only have 2 of each Cobra Trooper and Officer because I want the Army builders to have them.

I love my 6 carded Wave 4 Dukes that I bought at Wal-Mart. Like I said, I'm lucky, My Wal-Mart has been a Joe Haven for me. I have also seen parents with arms and buggies full of the 1st 3 waves, I have seen moms with lists picking through the pegs trying to find the figures they need.

It's simply Official, GI JOE IS BACK!!!

Obviously Blndweasel is a member that signed up under an assumed name since he hasnt posted since, and only posted that last time just to be a douche,

as far as this other arguement, I just dont know what to say, it sounds like West Side Story! turf and fights!!

real musical theatre! @hammerhead#

Well I *will* admit that perhaps my response to your invitation was a little immature, and I apologize if my comment was misinterpreted as slander towards your action figure club.

But I stand by my statements, anyone who buys more than their fare share is depriving other people of something wonderful, and for that they should feel ashamed.

I'm mostly just blown away that there are clubs of people who hang out to buy hard to find toys at local retailers... then again I've never attended a comic convention (which I would imagine attracts these sorts in droves), and so that's probably why i'm being a little naiive about it.

If anything, you can take my post as an example of how extremely frustrating it can be to discover exactly what all of you have pointed out... that after driving around the county for hours and hours looking for this stuff, only to realize all that I've accomplished is wasting gas (thereby also polluting the planet more) and time, all I'm left with is the feeling of dejection at not finding the pieces I'd like so dearly to add to my collection.

I never meant to say anything about "my turf" or anything like that, although I can see how it was perhaps implied, however from your responses, i can tell A. that none of you are very good at reading into sarcasm (not that that's an easy thing to do in a forum like this) and B. you're all just as helplessly addicted to this line of action figures as I am.

For future reference, if I ever claim to be snake eyes, and sign my posts "YO JOE!" you can bet I'm being cynical.

Accept my apologies for insulting your club.

blnd weasel if you make the NSD run (the 78 from 5 to 15) you find 4 walmarts, 2 TRUs and 2-3 Targets. I saw, Troopers, Red Ningas, Shipwrecks, Stalkers, Fireflys, Lady Jayes, Serpentors, Cobra Commanders, Flints, and Buzzers. Didnt see anything else really just buttloads of 5 packs.

Who am I? A scum bag hoarder!!!!! LMAO

I LOVE GI JOE!!!!

The problem isn't with the retailers. It's because some loser goes in there at 9am and buys ten Cobra Officers because he thinks he's General Patton or something. It's a sickness. I've heard that a pig will eat itself to death in order to keep the pig next to it from getting his feed, even if he's already full. I have no doubt that some collectors would spend their last penny, even if they were starving, just to buy that last Crimson Guard, just so they know that they won the big collecting hunt.

Since 9am is an inappropriate hour to collect toys, would you please stipulate the correct time to collect said toys? Is there a range of time (e.g. between noon and three) or only a specific hour? Or are the times differentiated by retail location?

Also, we will need the rules pertaining to the proper and lawful limit of figures that may be purchased as your vague description of the legal quantity has caused some confusion. Does 2 of the same figure grant General Patton status or must one buy at least ten? And if beyond ten, what then is the collector's status? Does one move from a general to some higher designation or is general the highest rank an army builder can achieve even if said army builder owns more than ten? Also, where does the "pig eat itself to death" qualification begin as it seems one seeking pig status would have to purchase well over the ten figure limit set under the General Patton guidelines?

Please specify the correct proceduces and protocols so that we may all abide by the established rules and live according to the letter of toy aisle law.

Well, I'll lay out the scenario for you, so that you can try to base your lifestyle around it.

1. Guy goes in to Target after work to pick up some groceries. He passes by the toy aisle, sees a figure he likes and buys it.

2. Guy gets up at 6am and drives to every Target in a 30 mile radius, and buys every figure he can find. You'll know him when you see him because he'll be at the cash register wearing a Neon Genesis t-shirt, camouflage shorts, and will smell of Doritos, Hot Pockets, and virginity. He may also have on a Batman baseball cap and be purchasing a season of Buffy on DVD. Expect to see a cart full of Cobra Officers, Crimson Guards, and possibly Clonetroopers.

You know which category you fall in.

Well, I'll lay out the scenario for you, so that you can try to base your lifestyle around it.

1. Guy goes in to Target after work to pick up some groceries. He passes by the toy aisle, sees a figure he likes and buys it.

2. Guy gets up at 6am and drives to every Target in a 30 mile radius, and buys every figure he can find. You'll know him when you see him because he'll be at the cash register wearing a Neon Genesis t-shirt, camouflage shorts, and will smell of Doritos, Hot Pockets, and virginity. He may also have on a Batman baseball cap and be purchasing a season of Buffy on DVD. Expect to see a cart full of Cobra Officers, Crimson Guards, and possibly Clonetroopers.

You forgot the other Category that people like you fall in....The one's who follw the guy with the cart ariund whining for a figure...Begging them to just let you have one little toy. This type does that because they feel entitled to the figures that the other person found 1st.

After you leave the store, you come on the message boards and try to discredit the sole group that keeps the hobby alive.

Here is the thing.. No matter where you are, there is a 6am there too. You have every chance to structure your life to a degree that would allow you to get these figures...Instead, you want to have them handed to you by whoever. If you really Loved the figures like you say, you would find a way to get them without slamming people for collecting the things they like HOW they like. If that means buying off of ebay for increased prices or getting to the store 1st, you HAVE just as much of a chance to do so. It's not like the figures are hard to get. They are EVERYWHERE....You just don't want to do what it takes to get them.

With SpaceMonkeyBoy trying to take items out of other customers hands and yourself coming here to show your jealousy. You two should start your own message board so you can trash whoever you need to that makes you feel better about your lack of interest in actually buying the figures that are released.

I'm not an Army bulder at all. However, you have no rightto come here and bash people who are buying items of their choice in a free Market Society. Welcome to AMERICA....In this situation, you get what you deserve!

Obviously Blndweasel is a member that signed up under an assumed name since he hasnt posted since, and only posted that last time just to be a douche,

as far as this other arguement, I just dont know what to say, it sounds like West Side Story! turf and fights!!

Well I *will* admit that perhaps my response to your invitation was a little immature, and I apologize if my comment was misinterpreted as slander towards your action figure club.

But I stand by my statements, anyone who buys more than their fare share is depriving other people of something wonderful, and for that they should feel ashamed.

I'm mostly just blown away that there are clubs of people who hang out to buy hard to find toys at local retailers... then again I've never attended a comic convention (which I would imagine attracts these sorts in droves), and so that's probably why i'm being a little naiive about it.

If anything, you can take my post as an example of how extremely frustrating it can be to discover exactly what all of you have pointed out... that after driving around the county for hours and hours looking for this stuff, only to realize all that I've accomplished is wasting gas (thereby also polluting the planet more) and time, all I'm left with is the feeling of dejection at not finding the pieces I'd like so dearly to add to my collection.

I never meant to say anything about "my turf" or anything like that, although I can see how it was perhaps implied, however from your responses, i can tell A. that none of you are very good at reading into sarcasm (not that that's an easy thing to do in a forum like this) and B. you're all just as helplessly addicted to this line of action figures as I am.

For future reference, if I ever claim to be snake eyes, and sign my posts "YO JOE!" you can bet I'm being cynical.

Now thats what I call some nice backpeddling. After you realized that you called out one of the most respected clubs in the community you try and call it sarcasm. I'm sure that everyone on this board can see that and now you are trying to save face. My suggestion to you is to delete your account and start a new one and try not to come off as a jack@$$ next time! I think that your apology is fake and I dont accept it.

See what happens when I'm not around?

Let's cut the personal attacks, a couple of you guys are seconds away from getting Joe's 10 year suspension special.. so lets cool it!!! I like to call it the #5 Combo, Supersized please!!!

Damn...you sound like my wife @grumpy@

Crap...probably is my wife @loll@

Now thats what I call some nice backpeddling. After you realized that you called out one of the most respected clubs in the community you try and call it sarcasm. I'm sure that everyone on this board can see that and now you are trying to save face. My suggestion to you is to delete your account and start a new one and try not to come off as a jack@$$ next time! I think that your apology is fake and I dont accept it.

All this talk about free-market society, freedom this, freedom that, well I'm free to be a jackass if I want, right? Devil's advocate here...

But geez, I was man enough to stand up and admit that I had a bad day and took it out on the guy who basically said "if you want these figs... join our club - or die - " (seriously, work on that slogan, guys)

what's your problem man? I APOLOGIZED. I'm not some phony, and I'm not going to try and save face by creating a new account and re-joining. I don't really care enough about this forum to go to that sort of trouble.

does anyone else still have a problem with what I said, and then apologized for? anyone else want to call me a two-faced liar or a backpeddler? c'mon, let's everyone get their insults out of the way while your pants are still in a bundle.

jeesh...

All this talk about free-market society, freedom this, freedom that, well I'm free to be a jackass if I want, right?

in Public.. yeah, feel free... but in a private forum, where you joined and agreed to follow it's rules.. it's a little different. ;)

Oh.. and maybe you should practice what you preach...

...Zartan threw me for a loop. I grabbed it because I saw the logo, but later in the car, I noticed it was a sticker! My others, which were 1st releast wave 3, are printed right on the card.

:blink: @Smoke2@ :blink:

BRAVO!!!!

You forgot the other Category that people like you fall in....The one's who follw the guy with the cart ariund whining for a figure...Begging them to just let you have one little toy. This type does that because they feel entitled to the figures that the other person found 1st.

After you leave the store, you come on the message boards and try to discredit the sole group that keeps the hobby alive.

Here is the thing.. No matter where you are, there is a 6am there too. You have every chance to structure your life to a degree that would allow you to get these figures...Instead, you want to have them handed to you by whoever. If you really Loved the figures like you say, you would find a way to get them without slamming people for collecting the things they like HOW they like. If that means buying off of ebay for increased prices or getting to the store 1st, you HAVE just as much of a chance to do so. It's not like the figures are hard to get. They are EVERYWHERE....You just don't want to do what it takes to get them.

With SpaceMonkeyBoy trying to take items out of other customers hands and yourself coming here to show your jealousy. You two should start your own message board so you can trash whoever you need to that makes you feel better about your lack of interest in actually buying the figures that are released.

I'm not an Army bulder at all. However, you have no rightto come here and bash people who are buying items of their choice in a free Market Society. Welcome to AMERICA....In this situation, you get what you deserve!

IS THIS YOUR NEXT LIE ? I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM ANYONES HANDS...Your full of crap man......and again "Someone with no knowledge of anything" ARMY BUILDERS never saved this line.....People like you (no matter how much of a BABY you are) and I eep this line going.....your just a loud mouth jerk who doesnt know sqaut about anything.....and this is the final warning with you about saying lies about me.......People like you are what give fan bys a bad name....JERK!!!!