Disheartening to say the least

blndweasel

Well I guess that answers my question, doesn't it...

No, I won't join your little scalper club. In fact, I'll make it my sworn mission to continue collecting Joes despite your despicable activity in my area.

If you call yourself the dreadnoks, then call me the MFing commando -- I'm going to swoop in and get the Joes I rightfully should have a chance to buy AS A COLLECTOR. If you buy more than you are keeping for yourself, then I'm sorry, favors for friends is one thing, but arbitrarily buying anything on the pegs "in case" someone else in your little club wants it is total BS. You're no better than the scum on ebay hoarding everything and selling it at an incredible markup.

I buy these figures because I can remember buying them in the stores when I was a KID, with money I saved up for a couple of weeks (mom and dad couldn't afford that sort of stuff), so for me, it's all about walking in and finding them in the store... a little bit of nostalgia in a world of toys that is otherwise, for the most part, awfully depressing (except for Lego, and the occasional Star Wars re-tooled mold that is).

Just know this... by clearing the retailers shelves of this stuff, you're depriving true collectors such as myself from the excitement they would otherwise feel upon finding their beloved childhood treasures on the pegs. Not to mention, you're preventing ANY young kid who'se growing up right now from sharing in the wonderful world of Joe. I dunno, maybe you enjoy those sorts of selfish acts.

Perhaps some day you'll realize this, and know the pleasure of leaving behind really desireable figures for others to have a shot at, once you've gotten what you need for your own collection.

I stand by what's right, and I don't take more than my fair share. YO JOE!!!

Somehow I don't think baseless slander and accusations about a group of individuals you don't even know is "Standing by what's right".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@loll@ I started out reading this thread like any other thread, some guy complaining about a conspiracy in his local retail outlet, others adding their theories, kill inviting him to a community of collectors, and then somewhere down the middle of page 1 it took the most unexpected turn I've ever seen!

It shouldn't be this funny but I'm in tears with laughter over the very innocent invite and his reponse - it can't be real!! I'm a casual Joe collector compared to the hardcore army builders around here and even I know about Killuminati's Joe Clothing line and Nova's famous balls...of crystal. The SoCal Drednoks are a respected collectors club.

I think you owe them an apology :) @loll@

EVERY TIME I see an idiot post something about them being entitled to figures, I go and buy a couple that I do NOT need. I am blessed with a VERY cool Wal-MART that gets everything very fast...We have already had 3 cases of wave 4 this week...Guess what, I bought doubles or each and tripples of some even though I have the figures already....I PRAY and hope that I am making some little creep in my area mad because he thinks he is entitled to the figures....

I used to not care until one guy threatened to burn my house down on here because I bought a 5 pack in his area.

HOW DARE I buy a TOY that I find in the store!!!

EVERY TIME I see an idiot post something about them being entitled to figures, I go and buy a couple that I do NOT need. I am blessed with a VERY cool Wal-MART that gets everything very fast...We have already had 3 cases of wave 4 this week...Guess what, I bought doubles or each and tripples of some even though I have the figures already....I PRAY and hope that I am making some little creep in my area mad because he thinks he is entitled to the figures....

I used to not care until one guy threatened to burn my house down on here because I bought a 5 pack in his area.

hmmm ok let me play devil's advocate here...

By the very nature of your statements made of buying doubles and sometimes triples of figures you dont need just so that you can piss off the bloke that thinks he's entitled to a figure - just by you doing that, does that not consitute "hording" of figures? Does the term sound familiar? Yes it does! because it's exactly what scalpers do, infact they go a step further and resell for ridiculous prices and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you dont do that.

Still aren't you doing that of which you loath to begin with?

hmmm ok let me play devil's advocate here...

By the very nature of your statements made of buying doubles and sometimes triples of figures you dont need just so that you can piss off the bloke that thinks he's entitled to a figure - just by you doing that, does that not consitute "hording" of figures? Does the term sound familiar? Yes it does! because it's exactly what scalpers do, infact they go a step further and resell for ridiculous prices and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you dont do that.

Still aren't you doing that of which you loath to begin with?

Now, I NEVER said I hate Hoarding.. It's people's right to hoard.. I hate the fools who don't find figures and WHINE about it.... 2 different things here.

Welcome to AMERICA.. If you find em, you can buy em....

What's the difference in Army builders? If you go by the "pre-set rules" they are Hoarders too. What about customizers?

the point is, I will buy however many figures I want.. If the next person does not get any due to that fact....Oh well, you should have gotten there 1st.

These fools DO NOT have the right to ANY of the figures. I LOVE proving that point buy buying as many as I want... Of course, I gave a TON to toys for Tots....That's better than letting a grown cry baby get his way for stomping his feet.

Can't believe I've been sucked into this post...but I've got to say that if G.I.Joe was a bigger part of my life I would probably move to San Diego. I've never heard anything but good stuff about this group and wish I had support in finding figures. I do alright on my own, but with a group I'd probably have a Lady Jaye by now.

Can't believe I've been sucked into this post...but I've got to say that if G.I.Joe was a bigger part of my life I would probably move to San Diego. I've never heard anything but good stuff about this group and wish I had support in finding figures. I do alright on my own, but with a group I'd probably have a Lady Jaye by now.

You can look just on the Boards and see that this group is top of the line in just being a friendly place for collectors to go.

I feel sorry for them for getting trashed for trying to help this guy.

This thread just reinforces my belief that scalpers are always to blame, even if scalpers aren't actually to blame.

And if the blame can't be laid on scalpers, then it's to be laid on hoarders.

Guess what? If I see five figures and I want all five, I will buy all five, even if they're the same figure. And if I've got homies looking for the exact same figure, then I'm going to buy every single one I find until all my homies are satisfied.

That's the way toy collecting works.

But whatever. If you don't like the way everyone plays the game, get to the store before us. Because I can guarantee what I've just written is pretty much the unspoken rules of toy collecting.

Hahaha. So essentially it's, "Welcome to the community, fellow Joe fan... EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF, #$#@#! HAH!" :rolleyes:

Getting there ahead of the next guy is one thing. Getting there even earlier and tearing the cases off the pallet, or outright stealing the figures (by tearing open the packages), or swapping them is another. One just violates their store stocking policies and the other is theft/damage of property you don't own. How absurd does it all have to get?

Hahaha. So essentially it's, "Welcome to the community, fellow Joe fan... EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF, #$#@#! HAH!" :rolleyes:

Getting there ahead of the next guy is one thing. Getting there even earlier and tearing the cases off the pallet, or outright stealing the figures (by tearing open the packages), or swapping them is another. One just violates their store stocking policies and the other is theft/damage of property you don't own. How absurd does it all have to get?

You are sooo wrong.. I ask if the Clerk can open the case....I take what Iwant.. I always leave the troopers forthe troop builders though unless it is a new figure.

It is not my fault that I get to the cases 1st, I do not leave any earlier.

My Wal-Mart has Honestly gotten in 12 cases of waves 2-4 and the refres cases this week.. as of an hour ago, they had ONE love Cobra Officer on the pegs.

I did not buy all of them, even after my Large purchases, there were plenty that went to the other people...However, more people missed out and it's not my problem. I got what I wanted.

heh..funny repost blndweasel. I actually met a few of the noks. kill, diesel, and the guy who had gijoearmies.com. they're a good group of guys, not a bunch of ebay whores like you claim. I doubt they all get together and plan an evil ebay raid and clear SD of all GIJOE.... Killuminati was just inviting you to their usual monthly hangout. you dont have to get all crazy..

You are sooo wrong.. I ask if the Clerk can open the case....I take what Iwant.. I always leave the troopers forthe troop builders though unless it is a new figure.

It is not my fault that I get to the cases 1st, I do not leave any earlier.

My Wal-Mart has Honestly gotten in 12 cases of waves 2-4 and the refres cases this week.. as of an hour ago, they had ONE love Cobra Officer on the pegs.

I did not buy all of them, even after my Large purchases, there were plenty that went to the other people...However, more people missed out and it's not my problem. I got what I wanted.

Guess that's your store. The ones here said they're not allowed to do that or let you open cases out of the pallet. And I'm soooo wrong? I don't know of any store that lets you open stuff without paying for it, which is what I was referring to -- people here are not just opening the cases, they're tearing open the blister card or pack box itself. One stole a Snake Eyes out of the Joe 5-pack. Another swapped.. a single figure out of its card for another.

Your still talking about that??? I never, NEVER...EVER said anything about Me burning your house down, or wanting to do so in any such way...grow up man! I still think your greedy by what you just said....

"Guess what, I bought doubles or each and tripples of some even though I have the figures already"

Im not starting another war with you SW but dont sit there and type such lies about anyone......its just not nice.!!!

Oh guess what I found a place around here to get them and I only have one of each....just thought Id be nice and leave some for the rest of US @orko@

.......and I am ENTITLED to these figures....so are you and every member on these boards.....All Im saying....and all I was ever trying to say was be nice. Its cool that most of us collect "More Than One".... Be nice and leave some for other people just not as lucky as you to stumble upon them..... Then keep going back like we always do...because sooner or later were going to find them.....be it in Wally Worlds lame a**, or the internet (Saw a Joe 5 Pack for $12 on Amazon). Again SW this is not another arguement with you....but stop saying I said that bull****....

Thanks.

forget my last post this should have been my reply.....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

no, it should have been "COBRA-LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!"

hahahaha....

you know, like "COBRA-LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALLAALALALLALALALAALALALALALALALALAALALALAL!!!!!"

what? that's not funny?

Lets face it. Things are not like they were when joes came out 25 years ago. All through the 80's you could go to any store at anytime and find all the figures and vehicles you wanted. Hell, I remember the stores having half an aisle of joes and all the other 80's toys. But times change and people want to make money. Thats why they have cobra troopers on ebay for $10 to $20 bucks. It ain't right, but its the way it is.

Lets face it. Things are not like they were when joes came out 25 years ago. All through the 80's you could go to any store at anytime and find all the figures and vehicles you wanted. Hell, I remember the stores having half an aisle of joes and all the other 80's toys. But times change and people want to make money. Thats why they have cobra troopers on ebay for $10 to $20 bucks. It ain't right, but its the way it is.

The '80s also rather lacked the magic combination of:

• Hordes of toy collectors (much less scalpers)
  • Supply being grossly short of meeting demand
  • Easy access to venues like eBay
  • Grown fanboys with much more disposable income and levels of obsession than 7-10 year olds

Well, I guess I am lucky.. More store both stocks a TON of Joes AND the lady who is over the Day shift will open ANY case that is on the floor.. She is stocking it anyway.

I guess I am lucky, I don't have to steal the figures, I actually can buy them.

The thing is, I DO NOT care about other people's collection. Do I help people? YES!! However, If I want to buy EVERY figure tha tis in the cases or on the pegs, I'm going to do it....What I do with them or how many I have is Nobody's business but my own.....That includes the scalpers... If they beat me, Oh well.

I'm not stupid enough to waste $ in gas and time when I can just go to ebay if I need to an buy a $6.00 for $9-$15 Anyone who thinks that is not a good deal is ##$%$#ED!! If you have patience and do not want the figures as soon as they hit, Good deeal...However, if you are running to 3 towns 3 times a week and hitting EVERY store jjust to come up emplty handed. Well, Do not get mad at the scalpers. They are actually offering the figures you want. You just neglect to use the service.

The key is patience. for those of us that DO NOT have any, then no price is too much to get what we want....

I will NEVER forgive anyone who whines about another customer buying figures just because they think they havea right to buy them too.

I mean, you guys have heard the story of how a certain member here actually was ignorant enough to go up to a STRANGER and ask him for a 5 pack that he had in his hands. GET REAL!! Since the other customer said no, the other fool came on here and trashed people for buying multiples, Slammed Army builders, and threatened anyone who spoke up.

All it did was make me frequent his area more and I have actually been quite lucky on "his Turf"

I will not apologize for it and neither should the army builders. They are one of the main reasons the Joe line did not die out.

Well, I guess I am lucky.. More store both stocks a TON of Joes AND the lady who is over the Day shift will open ANY case that is on the floor.. She is stocking it anyway.

The thing is, I DO NOT care about other people's collection. Do I help people? YES!! However, If I want to buy EVERY figure tha tis in the cases or on the pegs, I'm going to do it....What I do with them or how many I have is Nobody's business but my own.....That includes the scalpers... If they beat me, Oh well.

I'm not stupid enough to waste $ in gas and time when I can just go to ebay if I need to an buy a $6.00 for $9-$15 Anyone who thinks that is not a good deal is ##$%$#ED!! If you have patience and do not want the figures as soon as they hit, Good deeal...However, if you are running to 3 towns 3 times a week and hitting EVERY store jjust to come up emplty handed. Well, Do not get mad at the scalpers. They are actually offering the figures you want. You just neglect to use the service.

The key is patience. for those of us that DO NOT have any, then no price is too much to get what we want....

I will NEVER forgive anyone who whines about another customer buying figures just because they think they havea right to buy them too.

I mean, you guys have heard the story of how a certain member here actually was ignorant enough to go up to a STRANGER and ask him for a 5 pack that he had in his hands. GET REAL!! Since the other customer said no, the other fool came on here and trashed people for buying multiples, Slammed Army builders, and threatened anyone who spoke up.

All it did was make me frequent his area more and I have actually been quite lucky on "his Turf"

I will not apologize for it and neither should the army builders. They are one of the main reasons the Joe line did not die out.

Dude one more word from you about what I did not do and I will sue you for slander.......PAY ATTENTION EVERYONE THIS GUY LOVES TO LIE AND MAKE FALSE STATMENTS....By the way its not "My Turf" I dont own this state. Are you now going to say that Im going to burn down TN? What lie will you make up now.....I have all those old post and not once did i ever threaten you in anyway....Your a big baby man........and I dont think any army builders were the saving grace of the joe line........Joes have been selling and selling well since the late sixties....YOU IN NO WAY HAVE HURT ME GETTING JOES......SO THINK WHATEVER YOUR SAD, SAD LITTLE MIND CAN THINK OF TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT LIFE.

Obviously Blndweasel is a member that signed up under an assumed name since he hasnt posted since, and only posted that last time just to be a douche,

as far as this other arguement, I just dont know what to say, it sounds like West Side Story! turf and fights!!

real musical theatre! @hammerhead#

@popcorn@

Interesting read and it is a shame that a person that has ZERO credability is coming on the board and grabbin' so much attention, opps, they got my attention too. SOCAL NOKS are some of the coolest peeps around and a BLAST to hang out with at the convention. There is my 2 cents ;)

Dude one more word from you about what I did not do and I will sue you for slander.......PAY ATTENTION EVERYONE THIS GUY LOVES TO LIE AND MAKE FALSE STATMENTS....By the way its not "My Turf" I dont own this state. Are you now going to say that Im going to burn down TN? What lie will you make up now.....I have all those old post and not once did i ever threaten you in anyway....Your a big baby man........and I dont think any army builders were the saving grace of the joe line........Joes have been selling and selling well since the late sixties....YOU IN NO WAY HAVE HURT ME GETTING JOES......SO THINK WHATEVER YOUR SAD, SAD LITTLE MIND CAN THINK OF TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT LIFE.

WOW!! So your threats did not ghet you banned from this site? Ohhhhh, that must have been your exceptional mind power. It was not a Thread you made the threat, you saved it for a PM ;) I saved em to....

PLEASE!! Are you serious? Sue me? Do you realize that outside of this toy message board is the real world? Maybe that's why you are having sich a hard time in life.. I mean anybody who gets banned from a Gi Joe message Board for making Threats over someone buying figures in his / her area, is a little "off". So, I have some slander for you...No, Wait.....I will just be the bigger person and let you cut your own throat again.

As far as the Noks go, This is why A club like this would NOT work in TN. There would be the same type of person running their mouths about all of the members buying hte figures. Instead of joining the club and actually getting the figures while having fun, these people will run their selves to death going from store to store hoping to find one or two figures.