FA X-men box set versus X-men: First Class box set

Mcomiclover

Original X-men (FA) box set versus X-men: First Class box set  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you want as a box set?

• the Original X-men (FA)
    • X-men First Class
    • Neither
    • Both

Personally, I would only want a FA X-men set. I think the X-men first class are EVIL. It manipulates what really happens in the original comics so that newcomers can join the series.

I am satisfied with ToyBiz's boxset of the original 5 in the First appearance uniforms. Personallly, I hated the diaper look on them.

The First Class costumes give homage to the originals, but more updated. Jean's costume looks very phoenix like with the opera gloves and thigh high boots. I would prefer hasbro make First Class. I love the series, especially since it has Jean and non furry Beast in it.

Personally, I would also love an X-factor boxset of the original 5. Just don't put Jean in a mask that covers her hair.

First Appearance for sure, but I wouldn't cry if we got First Class......what's important to me though is which ever set we got (if we did) is that Hasbro really makes an effort to make the figures look like real collectibles. Most of their figures really remind you that Marvel Legends is a mass produced toy line, which is a bit of a downer, and no I'm not saying their figures are bad, they just don't wow my eye that's all.

i'm for first class figures, as long as

-cyclops visor is on a hood and not just stuck to his face.

-be cool to get prof. x in it too in a normal wheel chair (that giant silver thing the movie and legends one came with takes way too much space up on my shelf)

or

a giant clear blue xavier head (like when he's talking to them)

- i agree that jeans hair has gotta be out.

i like the first class uniforms more cause they don't have that underpants on the outside kinda look to them.

I am all for X-Men: First Class over FA. The new uniforms look way better. Plus, if it was a FA appearance set, the Cyclops would probably just be a repaint of the toybiz series 10 one. First Class all the way. Oh and Jean's hair should be longer like in the issues that are out now, not like the picture that was posted. But either way, Cyclops needs to have a light up visor, that was the only major disappointment with the Astonishing version in wave three.

aren't they basically the same thing just updated?

beast wasn't an ape when he 1st came out. i thought it was optimus primal (beast wars transformers).

yes he was. lookit the pictures that were posted. Beast was always a big guy - he just didn't become blue until i think the 70's. I don't even read the first class...but i like their costumes better.

first class looks cool but must go with FA.

I agree, first classes do look cool, but had to go with FA

As cool as having a MLFA X-Men boxset would be, Hasbro would likely have it priced at $40, which would be more than I'd care to pay. I'll stick with my X-Men FA box set Toy Biz made 10 years ago!!

$40 for 5 figures seems like a good deal to me.

First Appearance boxed set with a First Class variant shipped in equal ratios.

That would be the way to go

I don't think so, the suits are so different that they would have to just make flat figures and then paint the outfits in, instead of having the outfits molded into the figure. To get the best sculpting they'd have to just select one group or the other.

This is a lot easier with pics...

FA X-Men:

uncanny-x-men-2-prof-x-and-x-men-1-50k.jpg

First Class:

XMEN1CL_SPEC.jpg

...You're welcome!!!

thanks ares you helped me make up my mind. FA ALL THE WAY. although fc is nice lookin it is not what i want. mainly becuase ice-man is ....... well ice man and not a snow man. granted if they did a snow man version with a FC set i wouldn't really mind. Also a comic book question does FC happen in an alternate time line?

Also a comic book question does FC happen in an alternate time line?

no there are just the early untold adventures kinda thing. its a good book. all single issue storylines with really good guest stars. its a bit more light hearted and fun than the intense drama going on over in uncanny and such.