New Superhero Squad 4-Packs & Mega Packs

JayC

I just got the new 4 packs today, and I was going to tell you all about the poster, but it dosnt look like I need to. But I will say up close the Punisher/ Deadpool set looks fantastic. I was really surprised to see the Punisher in his war journal costume. Psylock looks to be leaning backwards. Im guessing she will be a pain to make stand. The Spiderman with the Venom figure is just a repaint of the one from the Scorpion 2 pack. And Doc Ock`s tenticals look to be computer generated in the pic.

As for the 4 packs. The Showdown with Magneto set is awsome. All four figures are all new sculpts. I thought Wolverine would have some reused parts, but he dosnt. Colosus can actually hold him above his head for the ol fast ball special. It looks cool if you can get it right. The Battle for New York set isnt as good. Electra is just as boring as you would expect. I like the Punisher becasue they used a glossy paint on all the white, and it really makes it stand out. Ghost rider is much better than the first one. His head is cast in a clear orange plastic, with the skull and a little orange highlight painted on. He has a grey shirt, and the black is more shiney than before, giving it a leather effect. Spiderman is a repaint of the figure fromt he SPiderman playset. However, the paint on both that I saw today was awful. Slop all over even large portions missing paint alltogether. One of them had no paint on his left upper leg, it was just white. The one I got had cleaner paint, but not by much. The black lines are horrible, and you can barely make out the spider on his chest. There are even two white spots on the right side of his face where the paint was left off. Its a shame as this would have been my favorite SHS Spiderman.

I also have a question if anyoen can help me out. Well 2 actually. WHy is the Gambit/ rouge 2 pack so hard to find? And was the Kraven/ Black Spidey set ever released? I have the Venom/ Sandman, and the Spiderman/ Volture set from that wave, but I have never seen Kraven.

Well, your source is mistaken. As there's confirmed SHS stuff coming in '08. These included. ;)

Were did you see confirmation for 08? There hasn't been confirmation of anything.

No confirmation you say? Funny you say that because toyfares new magazine clearly states an iron man line with PICS and thats a good confirmation. Also theres the poster posted below and what cracks me up is it says "COMING IN 2008" so i think thats good confirmation.

FYI X-MEN Superhero Squad BOX set

ALL X-MEN figures are DIFFERENT than the 1st release:

Magneto - different cape, face & hand pose

Wolverine - different face & arm pose

Colossus - completely different & MUCH better than previous one

White Queen - in her villian costume w/fur cape (i liked her best as a villian)

I can't speak for the other set since I didn't get it.

These little figs grow on ya!

-Dave

Well, I hate that I have to buy a pack of 4 figures when I already have 3 of them, just to get Emma...

But I will B)

Also, I'm loving the Astonishing Cyclops!

*jealous* I havent seen the Showdown four pack just yet. Seems to take longer for things to find there way to Canada:( I'm excited for the new packs they look amazing, but in the web cast it was said that SHS would see 20 new two pack this year. So far only 16 are accounted for (the eight on the new checklist, thanks for whoever posted the pic!!!) the Iron Man Movie Collection, the Hulk Collection (speculated) that leaves four unaccounted for. Anyone heard anything about the next four? I'd like to see more X-villains. Sinister, the rest of the brotherhood, an Archangel. Who are you guys hoping for? I'd really like to see a Banshee, Bishop and Jim Lee Jean Grey aswell

For anyone in Toronto Ont. Canada the Silver Snail on Queen just got restock for wave 5/6. I got the last Gambit Rogue but all the others are currently in stock.

Well, your source is mistaken. As there's confirmed SHS stuff coming in '08. These included. ;)

Were did you see confirmation for 08? There hasn't been confirmation of anything.

No confirmation you say? Funny you say that because toyfares new magazine clearly states an iron man line with PICS and thats a good confirmation. Also theres the poster posted below and what cracks me up is it says "COMING IN 2008" so i think thats good confirmation.

Were have you been living for the past 3 weeks?? We have been over this before.The line was originaly schedueld too come to an end but hasbro revised there decision.Simple as that.

Try and keep up with the news!!!

Were have you been living for the past 3 weeks?? We have been over this before.The line was originaly schedueld too come to an end but hasbro revised there decision.Simple as that.

You're right Electro, we should all be as well in-sourced and well-informed as you. I will take the lead. I spoke to a guy who owns a store who says that he talked to a guy that works for Hasbro and he said that Superhero Squad is going away. If Hasbro keeps making them however, just know it's impossible for any of the steps on this chain to be wrong... Hasbro will have done a secret 180 and changed their entire marketing plans, including planned releases that had already been revealed months before.

I know that your "source's" failed predictions have already been discussed ad nauseum, but just because the information you proudly passed on from a source several levels removed didn't work out, does not mean that corporate dictate at Hasbro has shifted. Also doesn't mean you should berate the other guy for not "keeping up with the news"

*jealous* I havent seen the Showdown four pack just yet. Seems to take longer for things to find there way to Canada:( I'm excited for the new packs they look amazing, but in the web cast it was said that SHS would see 20 new two pack this year. So far only 16 are accounted for (the eight on the new checklist, thanks for whoever posted the pic!!!) the Iron Man Movie Collection, the Hulk Collection (speculated) that leaves four unaccounted for. Anyone heard anything about the next four? I'd like to see more X-villains. Sinister, the rest of the brotherhood, an Archangel. Who are you guys hoping for? I'd really like to see a Banshee, Bishop and Jim Lee Jean Grey aswell

For anyone in Toronto Ont. Canada the Silver Snail on Queen just got restock for wave 5/6. I got the last Gambit Rogue but all the others are currently in stock.

I'm glad the Iron Man movie collection isn't as movie as the Spider-Man movie collections were... Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, War Machine, some classic armors... much better than 3 Venom repaints, all those Spideys...

I'd like more villains PERIOD. Sinister would be good, and I'm glad we're rumored to be getting a Red Skull, but I'd like to see a Thunderbolts wave, maybe a Silver Samurai, Dormammu, Boomerang, Thanos... guys that aren't typically the first ones you'd see in a line. Uhm... Mystique?

I'd also like to see some wacky waves... like they could put the entire Nextwave team in a single wave... or the Defenders that aren't out yet (Val, Nighthawk, Hellcat, Moondragon... maybe even the later ones like Cloud, Overmind and Manslaughter), or maybe the rest of the Spider-Man world (MJ, Gwen, May, Spider-Girl, the other Spider-Women)

But I could go on.

You're right Electro, we should all be as well in-sourced and well-informed as you. I will take the lead. I spoke to a guy who owns a store who says that he talked to a guy that works for Hasbro and he said that Superhero Squad is going away. If Hasbro keeps making them however, just know it's impossible for any of the steps on this chain to be wrong... Hasbro will have done a secret 180 and changed their entire marketing plans, including planned releases that had already been revealed months before.

I know that your "source's" failed predictions have already been discussed ad nauseum, but just because the information you proudly passed on from a source several levels removed didn't work out, does not mean that corporate dictate at Hasbro has shifted. Also doesn't mean you should berate the other guy for not "keeping up with the news"

@loll@

Well said.

Like stormfan said, well said