I miss the X-men Evolution figures

Mcomiclover

Hey sherrif,we haven't seen any pics of the new spidey cartoon so how can you say they will be similar.

Becuase we have seen pics. And with some many people saying, "The X-Men Evo figs were too cartoony", I have to point out that, as such, they were an ideal action figure adaptation of the show.

The show, incidentally, doesn't get enough props; it was the best television adaptation of the X-Men ever.

Thank You! I completely agree! One of the reasons I love it so much is because it was one of the major things that got me into comic books.

If you are interested in the toys and show, http://www.ironcowprod.com/plastic/xmen_evolution.html

has amazing customs of every single one of the characters from the show.

post-12614-1196682782_thumb.jpg

Hey sherrif,we haven't seen any pics of the new spidey cartoon so how can you say they will be similar.

Becuase we have seen pics. And with some many people saying, "The X-Men Evo figs were too cartoony", I have to point out that, as such, they were an ideal action figure adaptation of the show.

The show, incidentally, doesn't get enough props; it was the best television adaptation of the X-Men ever.

when i said they were cartoony, i was talking about the animated series. yes, indeed they are cartoons, but we're talking about comic characters. comic characters are supposed to look like "real" beings. yeah, the toy line was a real good adaptation of the show's characters, but the fact is, x-men evolution wasn't the x-men that we grew up with, nor the x-men that comes to mind when you say the word "x-men."

and for being the "best television adaptation of the x-men ever," i respect your opinion, but i beg to disagree. cause whatever way i think of the x-men, x-men evolution is nowhere near my definition of x-men. for me, the best tv adaptation of the x-men was the x-men animated series (i don't know how to call it, but it's the one where jubilee was a major character). and don't try to compare how they were drawn or made, they were generations apart.

when i said they were cartoony, i was talking about the animated series. yes, indeed they are cartoons, but we're talking about comic characters.

This is probably just an issue of semantics, but we're talking about cartoon characters, here. The XME line was a representation of the cartoon, and did a good job of it.

and for being the "best television adaptation of the x-men ever," i respect your opinion, but i beg to disagree. cause whatever way i think of the x-men, x-men evolution is nowhere near my definition of x-men. for me, the best tv adaptation of the x-men was the x-men animated series (i don't know how to call it, but it's the one where jubilee was a major character). and don't try to compare how they were drawn or made, they were generations apart.

I grew up with the 90's X-toon, and its interpretations of characters are more likely to come to my mind as the X-Men, as well. However, X-Men: Evo was vastly superior in terms of writing. As an television show, it is a more satisfactory viewing experience. Think of it this way: if you knew nothing about the X-Men, what would be the better program for you: the one that throws nine central characters at you right out of the gate, with minimal explanation of their origins or relationships, or the one that starts with four central characters, and gradually builds to the larger cast?

Granted, none of this happens in a vacuume: at the time of the original X-Men cartoon, the X-Men were breaking sales records left and right, so the writers probably felt that they could take it for granted that their audience would be familiar with these characters. And they were right, as the show's success is a testement to. But the downside of this is that the show doesn't stand as well to the test of time. It asks a new viewer to take a big investment in watching the show, because you have to wait for most of the first two seasons to even get background information on the main cast.

If you haven't seen X-Men: Evo, I'd highly recommend it. If you can get past the different status quo, it's really good watching.

Plus, it gave Toad his own theme song. That's a huge bottle of awesomesauce, right there.

I grew up with the 90's X-toon, and its interpretations of characters are more likely to come to my mind as the X-Men, as well. However, X-Men: Evo was vastly superior in terms of writing. As an television show, it is a more satisfactory viewing experience. Think of it this way: if you knew nothing about the X-Men, what would be the better program for you: the one that throws nine central characters at you right out of the gate, with minimal explanation of their origins or relationships, or the one that starts with four central characters, and gradually builds to the larger cast?

Granted, none of this happens in a vacuume: at the time of the original X-Men cartoon, the X-Men were breaking sales records left and right, so the writers probably felt that they could take it for granted that their audience would be familiar with these characters. And they were right, as the show's success is a testement to. But the downside of this is that the show doesn't stand as well to the test of time. It asks a new viewer to take a big investment in watching the show, because you have to wait for most of the first two seasons to even get background information on the main cast.

If you haven't seen X-Men: Evo, I'd highly recommend it. If you can get past the different status quo, it's really good watching.

Plus, it gave Toad his own theme song. That's a huge bottle of awesomesauce, right there.

yeah, i've watched it here (being a huge marvel fan and having only very few marvel shows here). i really liked the story, the story line really guided you to know each character well. the only thing i didn't like about it was that they deviated away from the comics-character looks and decided to do the series in a cartoony way. but i enjoyed it anyway, i really love marvel. cheers!

hey look!

we agree!

although i think i liked the early 90's X-Men cartoon better-- X-Men: Evo had certain aspects that were better than the 90's X-Men cartoon. I think i just really liked 90's Xcartoon's Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga adaptation. It was way better than all of X3.

Aw man, that'd be awesome if they brought the show and toys back! I know it'll never happen, but it'd be sweet. The figures mighta been cartoony, but at least they were sculpted just like the show. That cartoon had some really cool, complex story lines and kick @$$ animation too. Every so often I check on Evolution toys on Ebay. They command respectable prices in the aftermarket. I've seen an entire set of figures go for hundreds of dollars.

Sidenote: Does anyone have info on any unproduced figures for the series? Was there ever going to be a Beast figure?

There was a Beast prototype and a Professor X and Adventure Van pack that never made it to production.

Eric

the best adaption of the Xmen ever is ""Pryde of the Xmen"

Uh, oh! Start Shipping Hot cocoa and Thermaflu as well...

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed XM:Evo Steven E. gordon designed the heck out of those guys... but the storylines were a stretch? I dig the concept of the school aspect... but c'mon! Why did everyone except Storm Beast, Prof. X and Wolverine have to be kids?!

I'm waiting with baited breath for a cartoon to actually tap into what makes the X-Men x-men... Pryde of the X-men was and still is the best adaptation ever! with only one episode!!!

X-Men: Evolution was an great cartoon, and I'd say overall it was better than the 90's one. If the show had had a longer run time, we may have gotten other stories from the 90's cartoon. If anyone remembers the last episode, it ended with the professor talking about the future to come, and showed short clips of what the team would look like (which showed Colussus as part of the team and all the characters in what looked sort of like the Ultimate X-Men uniforms). It even showed Jean with the Pheonix. If only the show had made it past cancelation. Not to mention the fact that the show gave air time to characters not seen in the 90's show, like Kitty Pryde, Spyke, Multiple, Scarlet Witch, Ice Man and Angel before he became Archangel. In the 90's show these Characters only got one episode if they got to appear at all. I don't know about the toys. I always wanted the Cyclops and Spyke ones though. It would have been cool if there had been a Kitty Pryde and Ice Man toy too.