I miss the X-men Evolution figures

Mcomiclover

To me, the X-men Evolution figures were some of the best. I loved the show and the figures were great! Would anybody else be up for a revival of the toys (or even the show?)

Or maybe just a release of the unreleased Beast.

Wait for the Spectacular Spider-Man line. If the material released so far holds up, the toy line will no doubt be in a similar style.

yeah. it's based from the animated series, right?

they were so cartoony (if there's such a word), i don't think they were for collectors. my opinion only.

I have too agree with pv.

Hey sherrif,we haven't seen any pics of the new spidey cartoon so how can you say they will be similar.

I watched the show and didn't like it at first but got use to it. The figures I never got use to and thought they were too cartoony also. I liked a few of the figures but never bought any because they were too different from what I was use to. I would also like a revival of the show because it got very good in the third season. I would have loved to see how the Xmen-Evolution would have handled Apocalypse. :huh:

I would have loved to see how the Xmen-Evolution would have handled Apocalypse. :huh:

didn't they do Apoc in the last season?

Yup, Season 4 was Apocalypse. I've been meaning to re-watch the series, keep forgetting to track down the dvds though (i have season 3 and thats it).

Aw man, that'd be awesome if they brought the show and toys back! I know it'll never happen, but it'd be sweet. The figures mighta been cartoony, but at least they were sculpted just like the show. That cartoon had some really cool, complex story lines and kick @$$ animation too. Every so often I check on Evolution toys on Ebay. They command respectable prices in the aftermarket. I've seen an entire set of figures go for hundreds of dollars.

Sidenote: Does anyone have info on any unproduced figures for the series? Was there ever going to be a Beast figure?

No official version of season 4 is out, I have been trying to find one.

yeah, I hope they come out with season 4 soon.

I was just disappointed they never made a rogue figure in that line, i wanted the goth rogue toy, besides the Burger King one.

I watched the show and didn't like it at first but got use to it. The figures I never got use to and thought they were too cartoony also. I liked a few of the figures but never bought any because they were too different from what I was use to. I would also like a revival of the show because it got very good in the third season. I would have loved to see how the Xmen-Evolution would have handled Apocalypse. :huh:

i didn't buy the figures when they were out either. Someone gave me the Nightcrawler, and i actually still have him on my desk. I never bought them because there weren't enough of them AND they didn't fit with my other figures. But i think they looked really cool.

I would have loved to see how the Xmen-Evolution would have handled Apocalypse. :huh:

didn't they do Apoc in the last season?

Yup, Season 4 was Apocalypse. I've been meaning to re-watch the series, keep forgetting to track down the dvds though (i have season 3 and thats it).

yeah, season 4 they showed Apocalypse. I only watched the show sometimes when it was on, but i bought season 3 on DVD and it was actually really well done. I mean, it wasn't AS good as the X-Men cartoon from the early 90's...but it had a cool season long story-arc (in at least the 3rd season)...and for some reason, they have yet to release any other season collections BUT the 3rd season.

I didn't like the show and I didn't like the toys, the figures were too stylized for my taste.

I think you are in the vast minority of wanting these figures back... I watched the show sometimes, but the toys were aweful

they were so cartoony (if there's such a word), i don't think they were for collectors. my opinion only.

I have too agree with pv.

I think you are in the vast minority of wanting these figures back... I watched the show sometimes, but the toys were aweful

Start sending Coats and Blankets down to hell... Clam and I agree on something?!

I didn't like the show and I didn't like the toys, the figures were too stylized for my taste.

hey, why do i have this feeling that we've become the minority in this thread? lol.

I am a big fan of these series, I had every single figure and recently sold them on ebay. They were nice figures and very true to the animation, the only thing i did not like was the lack of articulation.

A DVD release for season 4 has not been announced, The only thing Warner Bros has mentioned is that they are considering re releasing season 1 and 2 in sets apposed to the individual discs available right now.

The only prototype produced was Beast, I can't remember the site where I saw the pictures for it but they also had the roster for the un produced series 4 which were: Beast, Avalanche, Civilian Cyclops and a "Brown Wolverine" (A Repaint of Series 1) I don't know where on the show he wore a brown costume but I'm not surprised they were planning ANOTHER Wolverine.

I don't think the show or the toys would ever be revived. I would have liked a figure for Jean Grey.

Hey sherrif,we haven't seen any pics of the new spidey cartoon so how can you say they will be similar.

Becuase we have seen pics. And with some many people saying, "The X-Men Evo figs were too cartoony", I have to point out that, as such, they were an ideal action figure adaptation of the show.

The show, incidentally, doesn't get enough props; it was the best television adaptation of the X-Men ever.

Aw man, that'd be awesome if they brought the show and toys back! I know it'll never happen, but it'd be sweet. The figures mighta been cartoony, but at least they were sculpted just like the show. That cartoon had some really cool, complex story lines and kick @$$ animation too. Every so often I check on Evolution toys on Ebay. They command respectable prices in the aftermarket. I've seen an entire set of figures go for hundreds of dollars.

Sidenote: Does anyone have info on any unproduced figures for the series? Was there ever going to be a Beast figure?

Yeah. There was a prototype of beast shown at comic con too.

post-12614-1196682285_thumb.jpg