What the heck?

a buddy of mine who work the night shift called this morning at 6:30 to let me know that the walmart close to me had all the new joes.my wife for my son,her stepson went there at 12:00 and they were sold out.my buddy said that the shelves were stocked with 3 cases of wave 2 and 3 now i now GIJOE is highly sought after,but this is a little back water town in TN.am i the only one that thinks hasbro really miscalculated on the popularity of GIJOE.i know that cvj flopped and vvv and on some levels sigma six,but jeez 6 cases sold out in a little less than six hours.

as luck would have it though he picked up the last one i needed and some that i was looking for for my son.i am still amazedafter 25 years of cancelled cartoons,comic books,and outlandish figs that GIJOE still retains this much popularity.

God Bless,

JC #US1#

I live in a major metropolitan area and my experience hasn't been any different.

About two months back, I got tired of being outbought by scalpers, so I went to the local Wal-Mart when they opened. The stocking lady who I'd briefly spoke with the other day told me the scheduled order she'd put in for 25ths got canceled for some reason, so she had to put in another order. I asked her if she knew if any of the other locations got any shipments last night, and she said one (about 10 miles away) was showing they had 32 figures at least.

I hopped in my car and drove there quick as rain. Got there about 30-35 mins after opening to see... empty pegs. I asked around the workers until one finally told me: "They're gone. We got a guy who comes in every morning, buys every single one we have."

It's not overall demand like lots and lots of collectors cleaning out the stores. It's scalpers. Handfuls of just the same degenerates who clean out everything a store has regardless of how many they've already bought or whether you've gotten one from your own local store or not.

It's not overall demand like lots and lots of collectors cleaning out the stores. It's scalpers. Handfuls of just the same degenerates who clean out everything a store has regardless of how many they've already bought or whether you've gotten one from your own local store or not.

In some areas. Major metropolitan areas will ALWAYS have scalpers, it is just the nature of the beast it seems. I know here, the only scalpers we got are the Hot Wheels and the odd Star Wars guy. In our last restock of Joes a couple months back, half of the batch (of roughly 3-5 cases) sat for over a week, and not just one figure but a variety.

Keep in mind that not only are there the hardcore collectors, but a LOT of casual fans buyings this line. Like with Transformers Classics, you have people who've never even looked at the line in the past several years suddenly buying. And then there ARE parents buying this line, GI Joe is the cornerstone of the military toy market, and when it exited in 2005, the entire subcatagory collapsed in on itself (2006 was the first year since 2001 that Walmart had stopped carrying the Corps where I lived).

Preacher, remember, it isn't HASBRO who didn't anticipate this demand. If Hasbro had their way, we'd have Joes everywhere. It was retailers who were relatively skittish about the line and failed to order enough. Believe me, Hasbro would LOVE to have the pegs overflowing with figures and get those sales. But they are kinda left holding the bag since they can only produce what retailers want, and can't really speed up the process of making new figures.

The Chicagoland has finally caught up.

I walked into two targets and a walmart in the evening and found the pegs full, 3 of everything including the cobra trooper! However, they go quickly and it's not just collectors and scalpers. This lady with two kids grab about nine figures. When I went back the next day the pegs were empty.

I wonder how big a factor x-mas is having on g i joe.

Cause there are always those parents who buy anything for their kids or relatives kids, and g i joe is pretty cheap compared to star wars, transformers and marvel figures.

Oh well, keep up the hunt!

I truly think Hasbro hasn't produced enough. Besides rarely seeing any in stores, the online retailers can't even keep them in stock including HTS.

Yeah, but this is fairly unprecedented (least in my eyes). The pegs have been consistently empty where I am for only this specific sub-line of a brand since the first sightings back in June/July. The stuff is on the shelf for a minute fraction of the day, and only on those days they get shipments. The scalpers are hitting other brands but nowhere near to this degree of a consistently instant sell out. The closest has been TF movie toys and only the popular characters. I presume a lot of the casual fans are either resorting to eBay/Amazon, or just getting shut out.

Here in the SF Bay Area, I'm actually starting to see occasional sightings of Wave 1 single Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, the Joe 5-pack, and the Legions box -- all items that are going for the lowest prices online (surprise, surprise). The next ones, where I actually saw them more than once, are Lady Jaye and hooded CC, which both seem to be fetching the next lowest prices online.

It's getting really tiring never even seeing some of the figures after almost 6 months..

they are pretty easy to find for me now... Not because they are rotting away on the shelves (only Lady Jay is), but because all the stores have been getting lots of cases of them now.

I have seen each Walmart I have checked get 3-4 cases last night, but it was wave 2 and 3... No wave 4 yet

Ugh. My impression is that the bottleneck isn't how many cases the store gets. @haha@

I hope the hundreds of figures scalpers are buying cost them an arm and a leg in gas and storage costs. Unfortunately, I suspect they're selling more than an enough at absurd prices online to cover themselves. -_-

I live in a major metropolitan area and my experience hasn't been any different.

About two months back, I got tired of being outbought by scalpers, so I went to the local Wal-Mart when they opened. The stocking lady who I'd briefly spoke with the other day told me the scheduled order she'd put in for 25ths got canceled for some reason, so she had to put in another order. I asked her if she knew if any of the other locations got any shipments last night, and she said one (about 10 miles away) was showing they had 32 figures at least.

I hopped in my car and drove there quick as rain. Got there about 30-35 mins after opening to see... empty pegs. I asked around the workers until one finally told me: "They're gone. We got a guy who comes in every morning, buys every single one we have."

Becareful what you say about scalpers on this site......They get mad at you for even saying people scalp....I got banned for 2 weeks here because I complained about the very same thing....even had some reply to my post saying "Im going to buy every damn fig even if I already have 6 of the same figure". I gave up trying to buy at Wally, Target, and TRU.....Scalpers line up at these places one hour before they open...........and run to the Joe section.....but then again this is why Flint is going for almost $40 on ebay its just plain retarted.........just watch Hasbrotoyshop.com or Smalljoes.com......its a few more dollars but it would be the same as you driving all over the place everyday..

a buddy of mine who work the night shift called this morning at 6:30 to let me know that the walmart close to me had all the new joes.my wife for my son,her stepson went there at 12:00 and they were sold out.my buddy said that the shelves were stocked with 3 cases of wave 2 and 3 now i now GIJOE is highly sought after,but this is a little back water town in TN.am i the only one that thinks hasbro really miscalculated on the popularity of GIJOE.i know that cvj flopped and vvv and on some levels sigma six,but jeez 6 cases sold out in a little less than six hours.

as luck would have it though he picked up the last one i needed and some that i was looking for for my son.i am still amazedafter 25 years of cancelled cartoons,comic books,and outlandish figs that GIJOE still retains this much popularity.

God Bless,

JC #US1#

Hey, I live in that same back water town in TN too. Unfortunately, I've had about the same amount of luck finding these figures as well. I have a friend that checks Wal-Mart in Oak Ridge every day on his lunch break and he's not seen anything in 2 months of checking.

I've got 5 TRU stores, 2 Wal-Marts and 3 Targets, And I've only seen the 25th single packs in stock twice since they've come out. It's frustrating to say the least. Though you can pick up the first two box sets just about anywhere.

Becareful what you say about scalpers on this site......They get mad at you for even saying people scalp....I got banned for 2 weeks here because I complained about the very same thing....even had some reply to my post saying "Im going to buy every damn fig even if I already have 6 of the same figure". I gave up trying to buy at Wally, Target, and TRU.....Scalpers line up at these places one hour before they open...........and run to the Joe section.....but then again this is why Flint is going for almost $40 on ebay its just plain retarted.........just watch Hasbrotoyshop.com or Smalljoes.com......its a few more dollars but it would be the same as you driving all over the place everyday..

You got banned for reporting.. the truth?

Mehh. There's the thinnest of differences between scalpers and legitimate fellow buyers but even I know what it is. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets paranoid at seeing other similarly-aged male customers in that toy aisle.

I don't have a problem with fellow fans beating me out to the store and buying all they can if they're gonna keep it for themselves. What bugs me is when the guy only does that to sell the same item back to me for a markup, because they have giving zero value in exchange for the markup.

Mehh. There's the thinnest of differences between scalpers and legitimate fellow buyers but even I know what it is. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets paranoid at seeing other similarly-aged male customers in that toy aisle.

I don't have a problem with fellow fans beating me out to the store and buying all they can if they're gonna keep it for themselves. What bugs me is when the guy only does that to sell the same item back to me for a markup, because they have giving zero value in exchange for the markup.

No he got suspended for being a jerk! Every post he posted was whinning about scalping for weeks and he even went as far to say anyone who bought more than 1 of something, even if it was for a friend was as bad as a scalper.

Draven

No he got suspended for being a jerk! Every post he posted was whinning about scalping for weeks and he even went as far to say anyone who bought more than 1 of something, even if it was for a friend was as bad as a scalper.

Draven

No Draven I got banned for speaking the truth.....if you go back to those same posts youll see people attack me and tell me they buy ALL the Figures.....and will continue to do so just to piss me off......I was kinda waiting for you and two other people to pop up and preach your lie(s)

.....And you guys from TN we need to work together.....I think I have a place we can go now and get them.......Im in Knox by the way so send me an email......found wave two, three, and four last week.......

By the way Draven anyone who does hoard all the figures when they have 3 or more of said figures are scalpers in my book........I mean for real can you army build Flint?......no? Then why do you need 6 flints..... so you can just turn around and sell him for 40 bucks on ebay (Give me a break)? That is why I bitched by the way.......I mean I saw 4 troopers last week and left three.....same with zartan and the red ninjas....Some people dont have these and should have the same right you and I do.....Grab one maybe two figs and leave the rest......If you want to Army build thats great.....but give some of us a freaking chance....

BUT.....like I said to the guys in TN I have a place to go for Joes....they get then straight from Hasbro and the mark ups not bad at all........

I truly think Hasbro hasn't produced enough. Besides rarely seeing any in stores, the online retailers can't even keep them in stock including HTS.

Hasbro didn't produce enough because retailers didn't order enough. Retailers sent in their orders, and Hasbro probably produced a little over those numbers to account for the little bit they sell online. this year, the product was more popular than anticipated, so instead of sending the usual leftovers to online shops as they normally do, all that product was redirected to their core buyers (Walmart, Target, TRU).

..yeah.. sounds like a few of you guys might have some old bad blood going on.. o_O

In any case, I'm still fairly surprised that with with the 25ths vaporizing as quickly as they have been, the distributors haven't been ordering more and sending Hasbro the clear message that they need to churn out a lot. Every store I've hit is overflowing with Star Wars figures -- the things're literally falling off the pegs from a gentle breeze and packed high on the top shelf risers -- yet whenever I see them stocking, they've got like.. a billion more cases of SW and no place to put them.

I mean as much as I'd like not to have to even think about scalpers or the activity, the general consensus seems to be the things just aren't in stores much. Yet typing up "25th Flint" on eBay churns up 164 auctions... I'm also mildly amused how a number of the sellers aren't listing their locations. :rolleyes: