Flint's Gloves?

Glue

I believe originally Hasbro wanted Flint to have gloves, but due to some screw up at the factory they ended up using the hands from Duke.

screw up at the factory is corporate speak for Hasbro intentionally deciding to go with Duke's arms to save costs. If Flint was supposed to be made with another set of arms, or just lower arms, the factory would have been given those molds and "accidentally" making them with Dukes arms is as arbitrary as them making him with Scarlett's arms. I find it awfully coincidental that they confused the two molds initially and continue to do so with the Flint rerelease. Hasbro can make a running change for Stalker's color without a problem (which was supposed to be another factory mistake -- year right) but can't with Flint's arms? fact is Flint was never going to be released with gloves, or else we would have seen that running change to correct the supposed factory mistake.

I believe originally Hasbro wanted Flint to have gloves, but due to some screw up at the factory they ended up using the hands from Duke.

screw up at the factory is corporate speak for Hasbro intentionally deciding to go with Duke's arms to save costs. If Flint was supposed to be made with another set of arms, or just lower arms, the factory would have been given those molds and "accidentally" making them with Dukes arms is as arbitrary as them making him with Scarlett's arms. I find it awfully coincidental that they confused the two molds initially and continue to do so with the Flint rerelease. Hasbro can make a running change for Stalker's color without a problem (which was supposed to be another factory mistake -- year right) but can't with Flint's arms? fact is Flint was never going to be released with gloves, or else we would have seen that running change to correct the supposed factory mistake.

I agree. I mean, I read a lot of "factory messed up or someone not in our company did" from a few toy companies that it becomes bit hard to believe. I mean, there was a rumor that Takara did all the crappy gi joe figures for the JVC wave 3 with the exception of Snake Eyes and maybe Snow Serpent because Hasbro was busy retooling the wave 2 and 3 Gi joe toys to give them o rings. This doesn't make sense in so many levels and reads nothing more a rumor started by a joe fan who probably hates Transformers since Hasbro is a huge toy corperation, why do they need to outsource some sculpts outside of their company rather than asking some freelance sculptor to do it? Just seems expensive sending the protoype back and forth and trying to have the two companies communicate with each other. Also, I don't think the sculptors handle retools like altering one joint to another unless it requires some new details like a knife or whatever. Moreover, toys are not sculpted in order as in per wave. They are sculpted first and are later picked to be in a certain wave.

Sorry to digress. Anyway, the "Stalker is yellow because the factory messed up" concept is hard to shallow especially how the painted prototype (which is painted by an in house hasbro employee) has him with a yellow suit with blue eyes. There is no way that can be a factory screw up since the toy seems to painted as a protoype as oppose to being a factory sample. More likely, Hasbro decided to change Stalker from yellow to green after reading negative fan's response on the toy.

As for the gloves, like gscbr said, they would have done a running change to correct the error. Furthermore, I would believe that Hasbro would do some sort of brief apology online and offer the correct pieces to consumers if they ask for it; much like how Toybiz/Marvel Toys give consumers the apocalypse tubes since they were not packed with one of the figures like they were suppose to. Also, seeing how the Duke Torso or his arms rather, are being reused in the future with characters that do not wear gloves, it is possible that Hasbro nicked the gloves on Flint since they don't see how they reuse it for another figure. I guess the evident here is that only the very early prototype pics of Flint has gloves while newer Hasbro press pics did not, which indicates it was a change in Hasbro's part; I mean there is a note on all toy boxes that say somethin like "picture of product may vary"? Guess this applies to Flint even though the pics were online and not on a toy box.