Dc Direct Shazam Family: Did anyone pick these up?

Deathlok2001

I pre-ordered the Mary Variant and a few from en ebay seller..should have em' in hand by Saturday. I've seen pics out of package on the fwoosh...They look really Cool (IMO)

Just came home from the store with mine...

They are awesome. Best line from DC Direct in a while! 7 FIGURES! (including one repaint) And they're all BEAUTIFULLLL!

Judging by the buzz around the net, these are a hit! They really do look great!

Sweet! I hope to get my grubby paws on them soon! I know its not a Legends figure, but can someone give me a POA count for Captain Marvel? Is it pretty much standard DC Direct POA?

Plus I hope this excitement and demand adds to Cap's chances to get done in Mattel's DCUC line in 2008. :)

Does the Captain Marvel figure use the Black Adam body from the Justice line?

No he does not.

My Marvel Jr.'s Arm fell off when I was taking him out of the bubble. @grumpy@ One of the ribbons fell off of Captain Marvel too, I have not found it yet either. @grumpy@

Just received my Mary Marvel (White) Variant figure last night (from youbuynow.com) and I've got to tell you guys, it-is-amazing! The paint, sculpt is flawless! The sculpt of Mary's outfit looks so real that I thought they were made of actual cloth! And the paint job is just amazing as well. DC Direct has the best quality control over their production of figures of seen! And what is surprising is that the prototype pictures that have flooded the net' look exactly like the figures that are being sold in [online, etc] stores. I'll be getting the Mary Marvel (Red) immediately!!!

Where`s the "this topic is useless without pics" image when u need it? :)

anyone have pics, i ordered mine, and it hasn`t been shipped, but I`d like to know how it turned out.

Also, when people that have these "cool" figures post pics, can you plz pose them in some awesome action poses asides from the always "just standing there, static poses".

My bad, I forgot, with their limited amount of POA, that's all you can get them to do.

You would think, that for characters that can fly, DCD could at the very least add ankle & looking up & down head swivel articulation?

DSC00603.jpg

WHat's superman doing?

And OMAC!

Some DCD figures have ankle joints as well as ball joint heads. But DCD fail to make these standard and gives us random POA.

I don't think a lot of people would mind CAptain Marvel doesn't come with ankle joints and a metal rod to pose him in a flying post. The Shazam waves looks decent enough for fans.

DSC00329.jpg

Bought Shazam today. This one is a nice figure, although the face and hair look a bit bulky in comparison to the highly detailed work in most of recent DCD figures.

shazxl9.jpg

shazamer7.jpg

The packaging has some old fashioned taste which, somehow, reminds me to the Super-Powers collection. Soon I'll go back to the store for Mary Marvel, a great surprise since the figure looks WAY better than the promotional pictures.

P.S. Added another pic with the loose figure.

Ya, in terms of sculpt and packaging, the Shazam wave looks different from the other recent DCD releases. I'm not a big fan of Shazam but I really like Marvel Marvel and Dr. Savana figures. They looks really great!

My LCS sold out of these twice! The day they came in, they only had 4 of the figs left. Luckily the owner re-ordered and I managed to get them all.

I'm still debating on which Mary to open...the red or the white. I know that red is classic, but I like the white...she just pops out more. Plus I like the idea of the Marvel family being red, white and blue.

I also like that Sivana can hold Mr. Mind in his hand. Awesome job, DCD.