Scarabus coming in 2008

pastwatch2001

• 2 years later...

Well... Scarabus didn't come in 2008, nor 2009, nor 2010... but it appears things are a go for early 2011! Has anyone else here been keeping up over at http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/? they're doing regular updates called scary-shots supposedly through feb when he's slated for release... and yes, he's already in production! makes a toy fan happy... and they continue to state that they're watching QC very tightly this time to avoid the mess they had w/ the Anitherian Guards and the Queen's Council. am i a mark for the horsemen? no... but i'm close, and i don't care who knows it! scarabus is the most excited i've been over a toy in a VERY long time.

• 2 weeks later...

for those wondering what the hell i'm talking about, peep this:

7395083-9727479-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1291742689704

7395083-9587680-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1291424623521

7395083-9565820-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1291424678664

7395083-9627087-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1291144521991

7395083-9607941-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1291054044190

come on... admit it, he looks fantastic (pun intended)... and unlike past exclusives, he's gets to take full use of all his articulation. and they've gone on record on the boards and on the scarry-shots mentioning that they've doubled down on QC and materials and he should be extremely play-worthy. how can you get better than this? that's a SIC load of accessories, alternate faces, etc... PLUS.. no coupons for a BAF they have no intention of making. :)

Man, I've been keeping up with these screen shots they're releasing, and all I can say is I hope they release a full set like they did with the Queen and her counsel. I will get all of them. This figure looks absolutely amazing, and now I have to pick up some Time Keepers.

• 2 months later...

don't know if anyone saw this:

Scarabus figure 10-packs will go up for pre-order this coming Tuesday night (March 1st, 2011) at 9:00pm EST at the Four Horsemen's online retail outlet - Store Horsemen.

Each Scarabus 10-pack contains one of each of the Scarabus variants, including Scarabus himself, (see images below) as well as a free Four Horsemen poster/print signed by the Four Horsemen!

While the upcoming Scarabus three-packs, two-packs & singles will be priced so that each figure will be $30.00 each, and will be spaced out in monthly pre-order releases to help your wallet as much as possible, if you pre-order the Scarabus 10-pack, you'll be able to save on both cost and shipping!

In the 10-pack, you'll get all 10 figures and the poster/print for only $275.00 (plus shipping & handling)!! That's only $27.50 per figure - a $25.00 total savings!! Plus, you'll be saving on shipping charges by having them all shipped to you in one box as well!

Also, pre-ordered Scarabus 10-packs will also be shipped out to our customers before any of the other upcoming multi-packs or singles. You'll have Scarabus and all of his variant forms & minions before anyone else in your neighborhood!

Please be aware that this is a pre-order, but the figures are currently in production and we expect them to arrive in our warehouse by early June, if not sooner. Also, please be aware that your account will be charged at the time of purchase or within a day or two afterwards.

7395083-10945038-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1298686507132

To discuss Scarabus, the upcoming pre-orders, and all things Scarabus and the Four Horsemen, be sure to register to the FANtastic Exclusive message boards and join in on the fun!

Also, for up to the minute Four Horsemen news and updates, be sure to follow the Four Horsemen on Twitter (@4HorsemenDesign), and 'friend' them on Facebook (FourHorsemen ToyDesign)!

-FH-

but the 10 packs are now available for preorder on http://storehorsemen.com/ and there are still singles of the Dark and Light Talisman figs that debuted at the Toypocalypse event that co-incided with NYTF (though the event versions had exclusive packaging, so the ones on the storehorsmen are slightly different.)

Someone already posted a review on youtube as well

the figs are in production and according to the horsemen, should arrive in 'joisey around early june (and possibly sooner)

these things make me happy to be a toy fanatic. :)

I've been keeping an eye on these and it is great news to hear about the increased durability with these. One of the problems I've run into with things from them is just how fragile all the figures and accessories are, so being able to setup my figures without fear of them falling over and breaking is important!

These guys make the best stuff designwise and it great to see more come from them under their own label.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

quick update for anyone who cares, the scarabus singles are now up for pre-order on storehorsemen.com. i finally broke down and snagged a dark talisman (the all black version) and holy CRAP will you guys find this figure awesome once in hand. the articulation is abundant and *GASP* FUNCTIONAL! nothing warped, nothing floppy, nothing paint sealed... just a good well executed figure that's the most visually striking villain this year. they're all due in july, a couple weeks later than announced to perfect the paint aps and i would not wait on this one. when word gets out on the quality of this execution, i suspect he'll sell through much faster than xetheus or ramathorr did. and if i do say so myself, for good reason.

I can't wait to get my set. The black and white Talisman figures are outstanding, and seem to have really good quality control.

However, I would like the 4H to look into re-releasing their first fantastic exclusive and all its variants. The minotaurs are just ridiculously expensive now.

• 1 month later...

I really want one, I haven't gotten much from them, but I do have some 7th Kingdom figures and one of those little time goblins or whatever they are, and I am mostly happy, although they are incredibly brittle. I if these have more durability then those, I'll order one.

Damn, just got my 10 pack, and they look awesome. I'd post pics if I had a good camera, but all I got is my camera phone.

On the side of the box, it mentions that I got carton 10 of 40. Could only 40 people have ordered the 10 pack?

Damn, just got my 10 pack, and they look awesome. I'd post pics if I had a good camera, but all I got is my camera phone.

On the side of the box, it mentions that I got carton 10 of 40. Could only 40 people have ordered the 10 pack?

That number seems low. I believe there were a number of people on TheFwoosh alone who ordered the 10-pack. So, who are your favorites?

----

Here's Michael Crawford's review of Scarabus and his variants with some nice photos.

PART 1 (Scarabus)

PART 2 (Variants)

yXHa9.jpg

SmseU.jpg

• 3 weeks later...