What's the big deal with the Super Hero Squad?

Mcomiclover

Ive been an avid comic and comic-related toy collector for 6 years now, but I still can't understand the appeal for the superhero squad figures? So please tell me, why do you collect or not collect the superhero squad figures?

for me its a)cheaper and b)you get two figs in a pack

i mean for a quarter the price of ML im getting an almost full xmen lineup in a year when theres some of them coming out we dont even have decent MLs of yet (Jim Lee Rogue, Modern/FA Storm) etc...

And there cute, i like the stylized versions, gives my collection a different look and feel

I was grocery shopping at HEB in Texas and came across Phoenix and Brown Wolverine in the toy isle. Jean looked so cute and reminded me of the baby x-men so I started collecting the X-men Superhero squad. I just think they are so cute and I bough 2 of each. 1 for my desk at home and 1 at one of my desk at work.

What can I say, they're fun. I've held off on the Star Wars ones, even though I've long been tempted. But once I saw the Marvel ones, I was hooked. And like Boywithagun said... we already have a bunch of characters and teams filled out which took years to get in the main Marvel Legends line. Some that we're still waiting on. This year between Super Hero Squad and the Spider-Man Super Hero Squad we got over 100 figures. And from the Wal-Mart lists there's even more to come. :)

they're cute

I like the slightly super deformed / anime toy style.

They look cool lined up!

I collect all the X-Men figures for my personal collection. I buy all the SHS figures for my 5 and 2 year old. They are fun, easy to play with and don't break easily. Plus they go with my kids Star Wars Galactic Heroes.

Eric

like jj said, they're cute. Speaking of which I found the newest waves last week at WM including:

Pyro/Iceman

Thor/Loki

Antman/Dr Strange

Black Panther/FA Storm

Captain America/Nick Fury

Wovlerine/Weapon X Cycle

Human Torch/Annihilus

Gambit/Rogue is pictured on the back but i havent found this one yet.

cute & cheap = a sure thing :) I'm all over these guys really :) they are like mini mates but cuter & better imo :P

Same here, plus I'm a sucker for mini figures... @smilepunch@

I don't collect them, but wish I had the money to every time I see them if only the Xmen ones for X-Babies.

I know that if I pick up a set, though, I won't stop. ever. plus right now I don't have ANY room for them.

I think some of the appeal is that the team building is really simple, and some of the characters are superior to their ML counterpart (Black Cat).

the thing that i like the most about the SHS line is that it allows me to introudce my 1 year old son to all of the characters that I grew up reading about, drawing, watching in cartoons etc....he's learned a lot of characters names, we play with them every day and right now his favorite is the Hulk, his mom has learned a lot about superheroes as well haha

i don't buy them coz:

1. even though they're cheaper than MLs, they're still expensive. i dont want to spend my money on those very tiny figs.

2. they're very hard to find here, anyway.

but i agree, they're so cute. and the quality is good.

gotta catch em all!

er...

I kinda collect them... I am not die hard for them, but I have half a dozen packs so far and the multi-packs... I suppose I will collect the others sooner or later.

its fun and I haven't been buying many ML figures