Is K-Mart a slight savings grace for DCSH?

Superpowers1980

ok, I know many collectors avoid K-Mart because of expensive prices but they have come in handy lately. Today I found the Batman/Batgirl wave, I managed to pick up 2 Batgirl's and another Tow-Face who will stay in the package. Granted I did find Two-Face and Clayface in TRU, but K-Mart really has been a huge collecting help. They had scores of Batgirl's, I counted 5 total, same deal with Two-Face, Bane and Batman. I have never seen more than two shipments of DCSH at TRU or Target, and after that they are done. K-Mart is also good for finding the occasional JLU figure that is needed or like my recent score of the animated Boba Fett and Mc Quarrie Darth Vader. Its a shame TRU is faltering when it comes to hero based figures, they seem more interested in crappy Power Rangers and the decent Star Wars stuff, well actually they have a ton of Spiderman crap too. Overall I doubt a Batgirl could sit on the shelf for any amount of time at TRU or Target so this find was great. Also I am enjoying Kay Bee in getting in Marvel Legends before TRU, Walmart, Target, even though they are priced higher, they get larger shipments in sooner. However I am really done with the search and find and have preordered 3 cases of each wave of the new Dc Classics, no more extreme hunting.

I wondered what the deal was with K-Mart. I found my Cyborg Superman there a couple of weeks ago, and then on Monday last week I saw a restock of the same wave (no blue shirt Supergirl again though). The next day I hit another K-Mart and they had a couple cases of the Two-Face wave out, minus Batgirl.

I have not seen any of those at my Kmarts. And even when they put a yellow "clearance" sticker on the old, shelf-worn, dusty figures that have been clogging their moribund pegs for over a year they knock like a dollar or two off the price. Big deal!

I don't associate the words "savings" and "K-mart" in any sense of the word.

I wondered what the deal was with K-Mart. I found my Cyborg Superman there a couple of weeks ago, and then on Monday last week I saw a restock of the same wave (no blue shirt Supergirl again though). The next day I hit another K-Mart and they had a couple cases of the Two-Face wave out, minus Batgirl.

I must be on a SERIOUS roll. Got a tip last night that the Wal-Mart's in Philly had the Conan and Wraall 2 packed, went there scored the pack and the 3 new Marvel Legends I wanted Cyclops, Colossus, and Black Knight.

Then today, went to get my haircut, had to wait and went to the center city K-Mart, and BLAME score again Cyborg Superman, Superfriends Lex Luthor, JLU Zatanna single card. I am loving K-Mart this holiday season. This is good considering I bought 2 Cyborg Superman's online for 30+ a piece. K-Mart has been good to me and my haircut is fresh and clean.

I must be on a SERIOUS roll. Got a tip last night that the Wal-Mart's in Philly had the Conan and Wraall 2 packed, went there scored the pack and the 3 new Marvel Legends I wanted Cyclops, Colossus, and Black Knight.

Then today, went to get my haircut, had to wait and went to the center city K-Mart, and BLAME score again Cyborg Superman, Superfriends Lex Luthor, JLU Zatanna single card. I am loving K-Mart this holiday season. This is good considering I bought 2 Cyborg Superman's online for 30+ a piece. K-Mart has been good to me and my haircut is fresh and clean.

Scored a Cyborg Superman at Kmart yesterday. No sign of the other waves yet.

I feel odd going into a K-Mart... like I'm the only customer in the place because people abandoned them long ago. The interior of the store is showing age, the carts are old and the stock is often old. Stuff is more or less laying around. And the employees aren't even watching me, because if I need help, it means they have to do something and if I steal somehing it's just less crap for them to have to rearrange on shelves. It's a sense of boredom, lost hope and stagnation going into that store.

I went to 2 kmarts today. the first one only had a bunch of the old supermen figures. so i figured i'd check out the smaller one next to the postoffice since i had to go there anyways. jackpot. found some twofaces and batgirls, and they were buy one get on 50% off.