Hasbro Podcast #2: News On Astonishing X-Men Beast Figure, Iron Man Movie Figures, Hulk Legends Figures & More!

JayC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that they confirmed the ML Hulk series. (Even though we basically already knew that)

I can't get excited about the 6in Iron Man Movie figures until I see the figures.

I'd like to know what the "phasing in" of the Astonishing X-MEN Beast into the second shipment of Wave 4 figures means to the people who preordered cases of figures and if Hasbro is going to do anything for the people who get shorted on a Beast in their case.

Basically, I didn't think that there was that much new information that came from this Podcast. I thought the first Podcast was much better.

The regular Q & A sessions should continue.

I'd like to know what the "phasing in" of the Astonishing X-MEN Beast into the second shipment of Wave 4 figures means to the people who preordered cases of figures and if Hasbro is going to do anything for the people who get shorted on a Beast in their case.

Honestly I don't think that is really Hasbro's problem. If you choose to pre-order a case without Beast in it from a etailer, then why is it's Hasbro's responsibilty to do something about that? Hasbro never said the figure was canceled, it was the etailers who choose to start taking pre-orders for cases without it and the people who choose to order it.

As for the podcast, seemed to me it answered alot of questions people had, what else would you want, for them to reveal the entire product line up for next year???? I guess some people will never be happy huh?

Anyway thanks to MN for once again getting us answers. I think many of us do appreciate it.

and thank god they are spending money on collectible check lists instead of extra paint aps

My guess the cost of paint aps is a bit more then those checklists, however I do agree that it's not an addition that really does much to add value to the overall figure for me.

Honestly I don't think that is really Hasbro's problem. If you choose to pre-order a case without Beast in it from a etailer, then why is it's Hasbro's responsibilty to do something about that? Hasbro never said the figure was canceled, it was the etailers who choose to start taking pre-orders for cases without it and the people who choose to order it.

As for the podcast, seemed to me it answered alot of questions people had, what else would you want, for them to reveal the entire product line up for next year???? I guess some people will never be happy huh?

Anyway thanks to MN for once again getting us answers. I think many of us do appreciate it.

i appreciate it, i would have appreciated it more if they help up a prototype ironman like they did with spiral last time,but i still enjoyed it

great podcast. you can really see that they are trying reach the fan with these.

a few point i like to say.

1. Even though they haven't (or should i say can't) confirmed what going in the Hulk wave, they practicly told us what is in it with all of the romours.

2. Spidey and IM 6"!!! thank god i won't have to listen to the whinners of the scale anymore.

3. I think the collector card are a great idea. they certainly replace the VS cards we got near the end of TB time.

4. Ast Beast is coming. see this is why i didn't pre-order the box until i got a confirmation.

Just want to add. For those who seem to have problems viewing these on Iklipz, we will get this one added to Youtube and Itunes this week like we did with the first one.

Also as far as I know the regular written Q&A's are still continueing. This hasn't replaced those, it's just additional info. This months regular Q&A does seem to be running a bit late, probably because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Okay, I don't want to hear any more "Hasbro never tells us anything" whining. They only gave a "Can't confirm or deny" answer to one question, and the whole rest of the podcast was them answering rather important questions.

There wasn't a lot of new information produced, but a lot of clarification of various rumors, which is just as good. Nice job all around.

so we can still build the figure with one figure short orrr?... Seems sort of odd they are slipping two ?partless? figures into a build a figure wave?!

Hey JAYC I am kind of surprised you didn't ask them about any of latest run of the mil rumors?.. Such as death of the SHS line & no more icons figures ect!

Wonder if on-line retailers will post revision cases soon. I haven't seen a single ML3 at retail and would prefer to have them all show up on my doorstep. But then again, if the revision cases have duplicates, which they probably will, I don't really want to eat the spares. It was nice with 2 and 3 you could just order a case and get exactly 1 of everything. Looks like I'll be holding out for HTS to get them and hope they'll have them all in stock at once so I don't have to pay for shipping multiple times.

What a hassle, either way.

What a hassle, either way.

Perhaps, but whole-case buyers are in the extreme minority of the action-figure buying public. I applaud Hasbro's decision to take the time to rework a sub-par figure, and simulatenously use the problem this created as an outlet to get an in-demand figure into more customer's hands.

In fact, the only people who this messes up are those who buy by the case. Sorry.

Too clear this up, I didn't say this podcast was bad. I said that the first podcast was better and that this one didn't give much new information.

I like the fact that they are adding a checklist to the legends but I’d like them to stop dancing around the rumors and answer the harder questions.

Address the rumors of SHS and Icons being cancelled. With the launch of the SHS online game I doubt that they are being cancelled but they could say something on this to let everyone know.

Let the fans know that they pay attention to the boards and see the polls for the most wanted figures. Let us know if they have any intention of use these suggestions in future lines. Even if they "can't confirm or deny that".

I’m not asking to see the entire 2008 line of figures. With them saying yes to the ML Hulk line we probably know a portion of it anyway. What I'm saying is answer some of the harder questions.

These podcasts are great, great job ENI/JayC! My marvel legends toy buying has decreased quite a lot since Hasbro took over, but I'm glad to know that these guys are fans and seem to want to do a better job. Maybe in a few waves they'll be worth buying again. Spiral looked great from the first video (just watched both for the first time). Good PR for Hasbro, something for us bored fans to watch, keep it up!

Well just to clarifie, im not sure where some of you are even getting some of these rumors from. What credible source has made any mention of SHS or Icons being canceled? I'll see what I can find out but there are tons of bogus rumors that seem to float around the net at any given time. The Hulk figures were rumor so we got you confirmation on them, yet now some of you are like well we basically knew that so that's not really news, and yes it was really cool that Hasbro showed off Spiral for our first Podcast but it's unrealistic to expect that everyone of these will see a brand new product debuted, and because they did show us that one figure, now some of you are like well this sucked because we didnt get to see another new figure. Most of this stuff we are talking about and getting glimpses of are still well off into the future, so a little patients is in order here. Iron Man stuff isnt likely to come out till next summer so its not realistic to expect to see images of the stuff here in November.

I hope in the coming months Hasbro really gets better 'cause little by little I've been losing interest in Marvel Legends, even more so now that I have most of the characters that are really important to me and Mattel's DC line is getting so good (seemingly). Just like last time it was good to hear what these guys had to say, but in a way I think maybe I've become a bit jaded as it all just sounds like lip service to me. It's not like their figures are horrible, but Hasbro's hasn't been able to make me want characters that I don't have interest in......that was something that Toybiz did quite often.

I hope in the coming months Hasbro really gets better 'cause little by little I've been losing interest in Marvel Legends, even more so now that I have most of the characters that are really important to me and Mattel's DC line is getting so good (seemingly). Just like last time it was good to hear what these guys had to say, but in a way I think maybe I've become a bit jaded as it all just sounds like lip service to me. It's not like their figures are horrible, but Hasbro's hasn't been able to make me want characters that I don't have interest in......that was something that Toybiz did quite often.

DC is doing well too. I had to pick up Catwoman and Supergirl.

As for the podcast, I think it's awesome they answered the questions about Beast/Iron Man etc. Sure, a first look woulda been nice. But c'mon ya'll. Isn't ToyFair in February ? Most of us won't even have Wave 3 completed, let alone wave 4. Cut Hasbro some slack, they are at least trying...

I to have cut back on ML's, but it has nothing to do with Hasbro taking over the line. I cut back cause I'm not that interested in many of the characters that are coming out. The Hulk line or at least the figures we have seen leaked all look like peg warmers to me. As for Mattel and DC, it really doesn't matter how good the figures are or aren't, when you can't find them in the stores it doesn't really matter.

Well just to clarifie, im not sure where some of you are even getting some of these rumors from. What credible source has made any mention of SHS or Icons being canceled? I'll see what I can find out but there are tons of bogus rumors that seem to float around the net at any given time. The Hulk figures were rumor so we got you confirmation on them, yet now some of you are like well we basically knew that so that's not really news, and yes it was really cool that Hasbro showed off Spiral for our first Podcast but it's unrealistic to expect that everyone of these will see a brand new product debuted, and because they did show us that one figure, now some of you are like well this sucked because we didnt get to see another new figure. Most of this stuff we are talking about and getting glimpses of are still well off into the future, so a little patients is in order here. Iron Man stuff isnt likely to come out till next summer so its not realistic to expect to see images of the stuff here in November.

Don't take my post the wrong way jayc I was quite happy with this podcast as well & I know you guys put a lot of work into getting it done & it was nice to get a lot of the answers that we got out of this one such as beast! Very glad to know he will be in it! alot of these rumors are coming right here from tni forms it self

see here

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2045942

as you can see I don't buy a word of it how ever it, though it seems someone made at the least a good guess about the 6" part of it all for the movie lines @hmmm@

Also about the hulk figures what they said is that there will indeed be a hulk line wave though that does not confirm any characters or pictures of the toys we have seen to be true :D :D I thought that was kind of neat how they worded that my self :P