A silly question- but I am quite new

funkycub

In all fairness Hasbro kinda owes Marvel. Back in the 80's Marvel was producing comics and intellectual property for all of Hasbro's major lines; GI Joe, Transformers and Star Wars. (even though The Bro had to purchase Kenner to produce SW?!)

I think it's great that almost 17 years after the split, Hasbro wants to stick with the date that brought them to the dance. Which is why I'm sure that the Bro will handle all of our concerns and come back ten-fold

Found out!

Is that Warlock I see between Cable and Domino?

Yeah!

Heh neat, I had forgotten that the New Mutants figs even existed.

one word: money. mavrel sold the liscense to hasbro.

Aww I thought so! I missed the comics too :(

even if toybiz kept the liscence they would have lost the comics also due to costs

packaging was going to change also

I always thought that ditching the comics was a very bad idea. They were a great way for consumers (especially kids) to learn about the characters if they didn't know much about them before, and also a great way to create new comic-readers. I really think that it's one of those things Hasbro should've really tried to keep despite the costs.

As for ToyBiz, they REALLY should've kept the comics for the Legendary Heroes. Some of those characters are pretty obscure. Even though the line is aimed at collectors, I'd bet that most of them have only heard of 2-3 characters per series. I'd sure like to read about who the heck guys like "Star" are before shelling out $10 for them.

Oh, and as far as that Warlock figure, I have it, too, and it's pretty darn cool. Warlock would be a terrific Marvel Legends, especially given how creative the sculptors could be with him. (Heck, depending on what they can come up with, he might even make a nice BAF.)

I'm not so sure about the comics. If you really want to know more about the character, a random issue of a comic that the character appeared in doesn't really let u know more about the character. Wiki seems to be more logical than a comic. Unless it's a figure like FA Spidey so u can trow in Amazing Fantasy #15.

I'm not so sure about the comics. If you really want to know more about the character, a random issue of a comic that the character appeared in doesn't really let u know more about the character. Wiki seems to be more logical than a comic. Unless it's a figure like FA Spidey so u can trow in Amazing Fantasy #15.

Yes, sources like Wikipedia would be better to learn about them in the more literal sense...I didn't quite mean it that way. I meant more that it's good to be able to see the characters in "action" in an actual comic when you buy them. I'm trying to imagine that I'm a little kid buying a cool-looking action figure off the shelf not knowing that character's histor; the kid opens the package, reads the comic and gets to know what the character can do. Who knows, maybe he even becomes a fan of Marvel comics after that.

I'm just saying that from a marketing perspective, it seemed a pretty good extra to include. And it's not like Marvel isn't concerned with selling comics through Marvel Legends; the re-printed comics all included subscription ads, and the new Spider-Man Trilogy series even offers 6 issues for free.

i miss the comics too. back then, the MLs were cheaper, and they have comics. now, MLs cost a lot, with out comics. but it's fine. as long as i no longer have to deal with MLs with bad joints which tend to get broken easily. so i'm giving hasbro some love for producing better-jointed MLs.

Found out!

Is that Warlock I see between Cable and Domino?

Yeah!

Heh neat, I had forgotten that the New Mutants figs even existed.

Wolfsbane is on the right. I am waiting for Magik to arrive. Once I get the figures I have ordered I will take some closer pictures and post them.

So far I have;

Bashee, Juggernaught, X-23, Psylocke, Bishop, Beast, Xorn, Longshot, Phoenix, Sabretooth, Havok, Nightcrawler, professor X, Storm, Angel, Shadowcat, Wolverine, White Queen, Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Colussus, Cannonball, Cable, Warlock, Domino and Wolfsbane.

Not bad for a couple months work. A few more to come. I was really into the Xmen and have started collecting again years later!

one word: money. mavrel sold the liscense to hasbro.

Aww I thought so! I missed the comics too :(

even if toybiz kept the liscence they would have lost the comics also due to costs

packaging was going to change also

I always thought that ditching the comics was a very bad idea. They were a great way for consumers (especially kids) to learn about the characters if they didn't know much about them before, and also a great way to create new comic-readers. I really think that it's one of those things Hasbro should've really tried to keep despite the costs.

As for ToyBiz, they REALLY should've kept the comics for the Legendary Heroes. Some of those characters are pretty obscure. Even though the line is aimed at collectors, I'd bet that most of them have only heard of 2-3 characters per series. I'd sure like to read about who the heck guys like "Star" are before shelling out $10 for them.

Oh, and as far as that Warlock figure, I have it, too, and it's pretty darn cool. Warlock would be a terrific Marvel Legends, especially given how creative the sculptors could be with him. (Heck, depending on what they can come up with, he might even make a nice BAF.)

its not their first intention to ditch the comics

people loved the bonus comic,but it came down to money

and we could pay for a 15$ figure to get the comic and a clamshell package($120 for the complete blob series instead of $80!)

or we could pay 10 and do with out

i think they made the right choice

more than the comics i miss peg holes in the feet. some figures are an absolute pain to stand up in any kind of cool pose without them.

Quit crying noob, ha ha, did you get the black queen to stand up well? @poke2@