Wave 5 BAF?

tarot

Wave 5 BAF?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the BAF?

• Blastaar
    • Drax
    • Thanos

Since nobody actually knows what the BAF will be for series 5, we can only guess. If I had to choose, for size and scale, then I want BLASTARR.

However, why not a Super Adaptoid, a Bi-Beast, a Wendigo or anyone else? While they are at it, Hasbro might as well try a Titanium Man or an It, the Living Colossus, Ultimo, or the Living Monlith.

I am sick of average sized characters becoming BAF's just to get sales, ie: the Blob and Ronan. While Nemesis looks good, but Hasbro has got to stop milking us collectors to death.

oh yeah, Toy Biz was commissioned for the Thanos MS figure. So even if it was not in scale, it was hoped that TB lovers would buy it as Captain Marvel was going to appear in ML-15

I'd rather have a BAF of CHAMPION so I can pose him slugging it out with She- Hulk and he is rather imposing too!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MS Thanos will never be a good substitute for an ML Thanos.

You know how every time there's another Wolverine or Iron Man, people always complain, because that slot they take in the assortment could have been given to a character who doesn't have a figure at all?

That's why people don't want ML Thanos. They got one.

man this is getting heated.

but in all fairness, there is a big difference between TWO different figures and FORTY. I don't mind there being 3 different Invisible Woman figures or 2 Namors or 2 Dr Dooms (which are basically wearing the exact same costume, it's just a different sculpt) - i think people get annoyed when we start to get saturated with these characters. And just because there would be MS and a ML Thanos, that is in no way saturating us wih Thanos figures.

and just think, then those of you who like/own the MS Thanos, wouldn't need to buy the whole line to get the BAF since you're happy with your MS Thanos. That's not a bad thing.

hey i'm an iron-man fan and i love another IM figure. but not every bloody series like TB did. but i agree with gambit. I mean no one complained when they brought out she-hulk ir ult iron-man. i think thanos is getting the brunt of these attack is becuase people want him as a baf. if he was brought of as a regular figure i don't think people would really mind.

MS Thanos will never be a good substitute for an ML Thanos.

You know how every time there's another Wolverine or Iron Man, people always complain, because that slot they take in the assortment could have been given to a character who doesn't have a figure at all?

That's why people don't want ML Thanos. They got one.

Correction, some of you got a MS Thanos, not all of us got it due to it being out of scale. As for the ignorant comment, it was said in general, but if the shoe fits.

Like I said before, if your happy with your MS Thanos, great, don't begrudge those of us who want a ML scaled version just cuz you don't care for it. I don't care for anymore Wolverines, yet, I know we're gonna get them & I'm happy for those of you that collect every single Wolvy that's made, me, I'm content with the 3 that I consider the best of the best.

Brown Wolvy-Byrne/Lee hybrid

Astonishing Wolvy

FO- 1st app Wolvy

If Drax is the BAF in wave 5, I just hope he's the classic "Hulk" sized version.

I have the MS Thanos and he totally satisfies my Thanos needs. If Hasbro was to come out with a Thanos in ML, I would not want him to be a BAF. The big complaint people have about the MS one is that he's a little big. Fine. But why would they then want him as a BAF? He'd be at least as big as the MS release. If Hasbro is going to make a Thanos, I hope he's made as a regular figure.

I have the MS Thanos and he totally satisfies my Thanos needs. If Hasbro was to come out with a Thanos in ML, I would not want him to be a BAF. The big complaint people have about the MS one is that he's a little big. Fine. But why would they then want him as a BAF? He'd be at least as big as the MS release. If Hasbro is going to make a Thanos, I hope he's made as a regular figure.

1st off, MS Thanos is not just "a little bi", he's freakin Huge & towers over every ML fig except FO Hulk & Blob, both who are the same hgt as MS Thanos, 8 inches!

You state: "But why would they then want him as a BAF? He'd be at least as big as the MS release"

What is this misconception that a BAF has to be huge?????

A ML scaled Thanos can be done at the 6 1/2 scale & just be accurately massive like he is in the comics!

FYI, to those of you that don't know Thanos comic stats, he's freakin 6'7 & 985lbs! Not 7 ft tall, not 8 ft tall!

Taken directly from a website specificaly dedicated to Thanos

First Appearance: IRON MAN #55

Height: 6'7" Weight: 985 lbs.

Eye Color: Red, no visible pupils

Hair Color: None

MS Thanos= OUT OF SCALE!

NUFF SAID!

people misconception of a baf is that he has to be tall but what bout bulk huh? i mean that's why blob was made in the first place as a baf.

Blob was made as a BAF cuz he rates to be that size.

He's 8ft tall in the comics.

He's 8 inches tall & very bulky. What's your point?

people misconception of a baf is that he has to be tall but what bout bulk huh? i mean that's why blob was made in the first place as a baf.

not so much a misconception as it is a desire not to get screwed, a 6-8 inch figure should not be costing over $60.00 to make, there is no reason why figures that could be single carded shouldn't be.

no his not he the regular size as a normal person just fat.

He's at a normal hgt of 5'10 due to this:

When the world was restored to normal after the Scarlet Witch’s reality warp, Dukes was horrified to discover that he had been stripped of his mutant powers, resulting in tremendous folds of skin hanging loosely off his frame. Distraught, Dukes attempted suicide by cutting his throat with a knife; but due to his excess skin, he was unable to get the blade close enough.

Prior to this event, he had been 8ft tall for the last few yrs.

The Blob’s size and strength have been temporarily increased to various levels over the years.

The BAF Blob was based on his pre-HOM mutated 8ft hgt.

i don't think we're going anywhere with this.

no but it fun lol

No it's not, but I hope they make BAF Classic Drax.

My claim stands.It's certain artist taking artistic license with the character and drawing him bigger than he really is. I'll stick with the Thanos that was drawn at his 6'7 comic accurate scale by the 3 best artist that ever drew him, Jim Starlin (his creator), Ron Lim & George Perez.

Oh yeah, great scale! Never has Thanos been depicted to be taller than Darkseid, who's a 7 footer in the comics!

DarkseidMSThanos.jpg

Darkseid1.jpg

i don't think we're going anywhere with this.

i'd agree. i honestly think it depends on what artist is drawing the character.

Like, in one of the other threads people said how the Vision ML needed to be bigger - i completely disagree. yet they quoted the marvel handbook at me. I still feel i've never seen him drawn all bulked up. And if i have, there haven't been many times. Same thing with She-hulk, she's sometimes drawn really tall, and sometimes drawn like, regular height.

but regardless, i'd like to see a BAF Thanos. Even if they make him 20 feet tall. The BAF aren't always big. Blob is fat yes, but Ronan is onnly a little bit taller than the regular MLs.

My claim stands.It's certain artist taking artistic license with the character and drawing him bigger than he really is. I'll stick with the Thanos that was drawn at his 6'7 comic accurate scale by the 3 best artist that ever drew him, Jim Starlin (his creator), Ron Lim & George Perez.

Oh yeah, great scale! Never has Thanos been depicted to be taller than Darkseid, who's a 7 footer in the comics!

Well, your taking a character a certain way doesn't mean the rest of fandom wants to waste a BAF slot on him, particularly when there's multiple artistic variants.

And I don't think comparing figures from different lines by different companies is relative.

Well, your taking a character a certain way doesn't mean the rest of fandom wants to waste a BAF slot on him, particularly when there's multiple artistic variants.

And I don't think comparing figures from different lines by different companies is relative.

Then I just guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

does the rest of the fandom think the way you think? ;)

Seeing that Hasbro is trying to time release all the new assortments... Look at current or recent storylines for an indication of who the BAF will be? (I just had a stroke of genius... I was due?!)

Guess-timate by using what's hot on the racks? Or... will be by Feb!?!

Wel, that works with Annihilus, and if you say that the Brood Queen is the member of Hulk's Warbound, then it works, and I think Ronan was in Annihilation, too, but otherwise...