Thank You Hasbro!

CLAM

However, for some reason, people around here think Hasbro is holy. You can't say anything bad about Hasbro here. ( I used to think that way about Hasbro too... afterall, they did give us the perfect toyline in the 80's with GiJoe. But that was a long time ago).

Yeahbuwha?

You can't say anything bad about Hasbro around here? I've seen almost nothing but saying things bad about Hasbro since I got here, to the point of total absurdity. Sorry, but that dog don't hunt.

of course people are saying bad stuff about Hasbro Legends... what I mean is that if you say something bad, expect to get a lot of crap in return from Hasbro supporters.

but its them that have it twisted.

I SUPPORT HASBRO TOO! They are the makers of Marvel figures. I like Marvel figures. I want Hasbro to do the best job possible.

there is nothing wrong with saying something bad about a toyline. It doens't mean I want Hasbro to implode of something.

in fact, the entire point of this thread was to point out to Hasbro employees who do read these boards, that they are indeed losing money because of the changes they have made. (Its likely that is what matters most to them, so they will improve the line in order to get our money)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Hasbro... if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have to sort through this senseless drivel?!

There is no drivel in someone posting their sincere opinion. If someone speaking their mind is drivel…then the entire concept of a message board is drivel in and of itself. By that ideology everything posted is worthless and bland drivel. So please, try to show a little respect…whether you agree with the opinions said or not. Maturity is a virtue.

Well, since I'm not a mindless zombie and don't buy every figure that comes down the pike, Hasbro hasn't saved me any more than Toy Biz would have.

I'm a comic book fan. More specifically, I have been a Marvel fan for most of my life. I purchase all the characters that I enjoy that I personally feel have a worthwhile figure. It just so happens that I am a fan of a very large number of Marvel characters and enjoyed quite a few of the figure Toybiz put out. I bought series at a time, not as a completest, but because I legitimately was a fan. Don’t be so quite to assume that someone that buys tons of Legends is a mindless zombie. When a character is made that I dislike, for example, Cable, I pass big-time. Whether the figure is made well or not. Why would I waste my money on the crap that is Cable? When a character is made that I enjoy but the figure is utter crap, I also pass. White Queen comes to mind.

People around here are far too intolerant of differences of opinions. This is fifth grade stuff, to be insulted by someone whom simply just doesn’t share your view on things. And the people that complain about supposed complaining are worse. So I think Hasbro makes average ML‘s, at best. What’s it to you Hasbro pushers? Why so butt hurt? Let people have their say. This is all on something as trivial as toys anyway. Get over it children, and grow up.

of course people are saying bad stuff about Hasbro Legends... what I mean is that if you say something bad, expect to get a lot of crap in return from Hasbro supporters.

Well, if something that's being said doesn't make sense, then I'm going to give someone crap for it. And it seems to me that a lot of the complaints on this board ignore some pretty basic ideas and motivations behind business decisions. There is far to much emotion influencing posts in this and most fandoms, to the detriment of all.

Don't be so quite to assume that someone that buys tons of Legends is a mindless zombie.

I wasn't. However, the initial post of this thread makes the assumption that had Toy Biz continued to make the product (and with no knowledge of the product the Biz would have made), then it would all be bought, sight unseen. Would you not agree that qualifies as zombie behavior?

People around here are far too intolerant of differences of opinions. This is fifth grade stuff, to be insulted by someone whom simply just doesn't share your view on things. And the people that complain about supposed complaining are worse. So I think Hasbro makes average ML's, at best. What's it to you Hasbro pushers? Why so butt hurt? Let people have their say. This is all on something as trivial as toys anyway. Get over it children, and grow up.

I'm not going to point out the irony of calling people "children" for voicing their own dissenting opinions, because I think it speaks for itself. Fifth grade or senior high, we're all in the same class here, sir.

But to the larger point, if an opinion is formed in defiance of facts and common sense, doesn't it deserve to be challenged? People aren't entitled to their opinion; they have to earn it.

I wasn't. However, the initial post of this thread makes the assumption that had Toy Biz continued to make the product (and with no knowledge of the product the Biz would have made), then it would all be bought, sight unseen. Would you not agree that qualifies as zombie behavior?

People around here are far too intolerant of differences of opinions. This is fifth grade stuff, to be insulted by someone whom simply just doesn't share your view on things. And the people that complain about supposed complaining are worse. So I think Hasbro makes average ML's, at best. What's it to you Hasbro pushers? Why so butt hurt? Let people have their say. This is all on something as trivial as toys anyway. Get over it children, and grow up.

I'm not going to point out the irony of calling people "children" for voicing their own dissenting opinions, because I think it speaks for itself. Fifth grade or senior high, we're all in the same class here, sir.

But to the larger point, if an opinion is formed in defiance of facts and common sense, doesn't it deserve to be challenged? People aren't entitled to their opinion; they have to earn it.

Irony? Please, you are acting like a child, amongst others. You’re not voicing your own opinions, you’re trying to start trouble. I’ve never doubted it. There is nothing wrong with speaking out, but when you do it in an uncivilized and belittling manor…that’s something else entirely. There is no irony in my statement. Don’t try to spin my comments. Pssh. Even at your best you never could.

People have to earn their opinion? See, that’s where you're wrong and intolerant. If I were to sit here and claim I think Hasbro sucks, and in comparisons to Toybiz I personally do anyway, does that give you the right to personally insult? There is a difference between stupidity and opinion, a very vast one. You may consider me or someone else moronic for being disappointed in Hasbro’s offerings, but lets be serious here. Is liking or disliking a toy direct evidence to how intelligent someone is? If you believe so then I firmly recommend you get out more. If you’re going to constantly sit here and chose to be insulted by something as trivial as another’s different opinion, on something as insignificant as action figures, and avidly defend a greed consumed corporation, as if it‘s run by your very own father, that tells me a lot about you. It tells me you’re far too defensive and most likely you’ve got an extreme lack of self-esteem. You feel you’re being attacked as a result of your insecurities. Why else would you be so offended by something so unimportant? Why would you so mindlessly support a company because someone else simply doesn’t see your perspective? Honestly, are you a Hasbro rep? There is nothing rationally insulting about me or anyone else disliking Hasbro’s Marvel Legends. It’s opinion, we’re all entitled to it - whether it’s something you agree with or not. The world doesn’t revolve around you and newsflash: it never will.

And once again, who’s the more annoying? The complainers or the complainers who complain about the complaining? Suck it up and be a man. You’re not the Mod and we all have a say - whether you like what you hear or not. It’s the first amendment, deal with it. And the largest level of irony I've seen here is thatof all the people in here, Clams the Mod, not you. I’m done with you.

Irony? Please, you are acting like a child, amongst others. You're not voicing your own opinions, you're trying to start trouble. I've never doubted it. There is nothing wrong with speaking out, but when you do it in an uncivilized and belittling manor…that's something else entirely. There is no irony in my statement. Don't try to spin my comments. Pssh. Even at your best you never could.

you mean like your doing now.

Irony? Please, you are acting like a child, amongst others. You're not voicing your own opinions, you're trying to start trouble.

I am, in fact, voicing my own opinion, that opinion being that dislike for Hasbro is well and good if it's not rooted in misinformation and misconceptions.

People have to earn their opinion? See, that's where you're wrong and intolerant.

If I state an opinion, and you voice disagreement to it, does it not fall to me to defend my opinion? Wouldn't I be expected to bring rational thinking and facts to defend said opinion?

That's earning an opinion, as opposed to just mouthing off.

If I were to sit here and claim I think Hasbro sucks, and in comparisons to Toybiz I personally do anyway, does that give you the right to personally insult?

No, but it gives me the right to ask you to defend your claim. The problem is that many people either aren't willing to do that, or base their claim on flimsy data.

If you're going to constantly sit here and chose to be insulted by something as trivial as another's different opinion, on something as insignificant as action figures, and avidly defend a greed consumed corporation

Okay, see, this is the type of thing I'm talking about. A "greed consumed corporation|"? As opposed to Toy Biz? Unless I missed some special event where Toy Biz gave their product away for free, I'm going to go ahead and say that they are no more or less "greed consumed" than Hasbro.

This is the type of thing that I find objectionable: volitile rhetoric that ignores the reality of the situation.

Why would you so mindlessly support a company because someone else simply doesn't see your perspective?

I think Hasbro would much prefer that I give them money if I were going to support them, which I haven't since Febuary.

Just because I don't like the illogical Hasbashing doesn't mean that I automatically love Hasbro. Nor does it mean that I dislike logical Hasbashing.

It's opinion, we're all entitled to it - whether it's something you agree with or not.

And am I entitled to my opinion that some opinions are based on misconceptions and are therefore invalid?

However, for some reason, people around here think Hasbro is holy. You can't say anything bad about Hasbro here. ( I used to think that way about Hasbro too... afterall, they did give us the perfect toyline in the 80's with GiJoe. But that was a long time ago).

Yeahbuwha?

You can't say anything bad about Hasbro around here? I've seen almost nothing but saying things bad about Hasbro since I got here, to the point of total absurdity. Sorry, but that dog don't hunt.

Well said!

Everyone has endured enough of this rigmarole for far too long... Some of us are still jazzed about this line, but now it's become a constitutional debate over who can say what?! What happened to all the people who said they would stop collecting the line after the crossover? Why do they continue to post? What hope do we have to enjoy whatever we see, or speculate?

As a man; I'm asking for a cease and desist. Nothing more, nothing less!

I hate Hasbro... if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have to sort through this senseless drivel?!

There is no drivel in someone posting their sincere opinion. If someone speaking their mind is drivel…then the entire concept of a message board is drivel in and of itself. By that ideology everything posted is worthless and bland drivel. So please, try to show a little respect…whether you agree with the opinions said or not. Maturity is a virtue.

MysterioMenace has a point. Everyone's opinion should be respected (Except for the trolls, of course LOL), and I am not saying that they shouldn't. I think Ares (And I'm not intending to speak for him or anyone other than myself) is saying it gets old when there are tons of posts about how Hasbro is killing ML.

Drivel might be the wrong word (With all due respect to Ares). I think he, as well as myself, gets tired of the constant Hasbro sucks posts. It gets old when it's constant. It's one big reason I lurk more than I post. It got old in the Joe forum with the "Sigma Sux" posts. Constant negativity gets old fast. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and since Hasbro reads these boards, it's beneficial to post want lists and suggestions, but one or two posts can achieve this. It seems like almost every post about ML includes a huge number of posts asserting the poster's dislike of ML from Hasbro. And forbid any positive posts. I usually keep my opinions to myself, because I know no one really cares about what I have to say.

Thanks hasbro, for:

Rachel Summers, who could be the best female ML ever.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

do you even own any other ML female figures?

@loll@

No, kidding! She was rubbish! While not perfect, I have to give the best honor to the FF (ToyBiz) Movie Invisible Woman. The first one with all the articulation and the disc base. Sure her waist was too small, but overall, she looked like Alba, and was a damn FINE female fig. @smilepunch@

The overlying problem here isn't that you can or can't express your opinion. It's the way some of you go about doing it that is the problem. Its fine to say something constructive like:

"I think Hasbro should look to include better paint apps on their figures, this is something I think Toy Biz did a good job with and is one of the things that really caused me to start collecting the line to begin with". You might even go as far as to say "Without that kind of quality I have really cut back on my ML purchases because I just don't like the current washes Hasbro is using".

That is constructive critisism, that is expressing your point in a valid matter that someone can take seriously. That is not what alot of you do. This kind of post is not constructive and all it does is take away from the fun of the hobby in general, and whether it is your intention or not is how some of you come off.

"Hasbro sucks. Thanks for saving me lots of cash Hasblow because you aren't doing things exactly like I want them. I'm not going to buy your product so there, and im going to make sure anyone else who doesn't feel the same way as me is going to be harrassed because I dont like these peices of crap and I want the entire world to know it. I know everthing there is to know about this stuff and if you disagree with me then tuff."

or how about this one.

"Hasbro has killed the ML line. Course it never even crossed my mind that if Hasbro hadn't taken over the line it may have eneded anyway or the changes I like to complain about 24/7 would have come about regardless, but it doesn't matter because Hasbro is a big evil corporation that makes for an easy scapegoat to blame everything I'm unhappy about on."

Constructive critisim is fine and welcome here. The other crap isn't.

The overlying problem here isn't that you can or can't express your opinion. It's the way some of you go about doing it that is the problem. Its fine to say something constructive like:

"I think Hasbro should look to include better paint apps on their figures, this is something I think Toy Biz did a good job with and is one of the things that really caused me to start collecting the line to begin with". You might even go as far as to say "Without that kind of quality I have really cut back on my ML purchases because I just don't like the current washes Hasbro is using".

That is constructive critisism, that is expressing your point in a valid matter that someone can take seriously. That is not what alot of you do. This kind of post is not constructive and all it does is take away from the fun of the hobby in general, and whether it is your intention or not is how some of you come off.

"Hasbro sucks. Thanks for saving me lots of cash Hasblow because you aren't doing things exactly like I want them. I'm not going to buy your product so there, and im going to make sure anyone else who doesn't feel the same way as me is going to be harrassed because I dont like these peices of crap and I want the entire world to know it. I know everthing there is to know about this stuff and if you disagree with me then tuff."

or how about this one.

"Hasbro has killed the ML line. Course it never even crossed my mind that if Hasbro hadn't taken over the line it may have eneded anyway or the changes I like to complain about 24/7 would have come about regardless, but it doesn't matter because Hasbro is a big evil corporation that makes for an easy scapegoat to blame everything I'm unhappy about on."

Constructive critisim is fine and welcome here. The other crap isn't.

Extremely well said JayC. #US1#

but its them that have it twisted.

I SUPPORT HASBRO TOO! They are the makers of Marvel figures. I like Marvel figures. I want Hasbro to do the best job possible.

there is nothing wrong with saying something bad about a toyline. It doens't mean I want Hasbro to implode of something.

in fact, the entire point of this thread was to point out to Hasbro employees who do read these boards, that they are indeed losing money because of the changes they have made. (Its likely that is what matters most to them, so they will improve the line in order to get our money)

That's the rub... We don't have it twisted. I understand your need to voice your concern. But, when all we hear out of a poster is "Hasbro has done this wrong" and, "Hasbro is killing the line"... how much validity do you think we'll give that poster?

Opinions are one thing... but when the company reveals a little tidbit that the rest of us are excited about why do the negative posters;

1) ...need to create a thread bashing Hasbro?

2) ...point out minor things to disrupt the buzz?

3) ...only become vocal when morale is high?

If you can support your argument in regards to those questions I'll never debate you on this again?

hasbro has saved me tons, i got into the ml late and many of the sculpts are fantastic but these hasbro made ones just look way too cheap to me. it is going to be awhile before semi-decent stuff churns out of there. seriously, look at how look it took to get decent star wars figures. even now they still cut corners on articulation and reuse the same molds x number of times for many of the star wars figures. here is a prime example: comic pack quilan vos, ended up number 1 or 2 on the fans choice voting. we get him in a comic pack which is get until you look at him, no leg articulation, the top half of the figure is great but the statue legs kills it (for me at least), he is a freaking jedi, you should be able to pose him better period. they even said to save money many of the comic figs will not have the same articulation as the regular figures.

they will / always have cut corners to save money. look at transformers, many of them of rerereleased or rererepainted x number of times.

hasbro has saved me tons, i got into the ml late and many of the sculpts are fantastic but these hasbro made ones just look way too cheap to me. it is going to be awhile before semi-decent stuff churns out of there. seriously, look at how look it took to get decent star wars figures. even now they still cut corners on articulation and reuse the same molds x number of times for many of the star wars figures. here is a prime example: comic pack quilan vos, ended up number 1 or 2 on the fans choice voting. we get him in a comic pack which is get until you look at him, no leg articulation, the top half of the figure is great but the statue legs kills it (for me at least), he is a freaking jedi, you should be able to pose him better period. they even said to save money many of the comic figs will not have the same articulation as the regular figures.

they will / always have cut corners to save money. look at transformers, many of them of rerereleased or rererepainted x number of times.

Seeing that its been 20+ years since I collected Star Wars figures I can't relate... But still, AT LEAST you got him! Otherwise, how long do you think you'd have to wait for Vos? and If the first half of your post is accurate... How many times do you think they'll revisit him?

See that's my whole argument in a nutshell; Just because you consider it a matter of life and death... Are we supposed to co-sign and follow right behind you?

the interenet really was created for people to whine about things wasnt it?

WE get it people you dotn like hasbro ml's. Its been almost a year that you've been saying the sae thing over and over.

A broken record spinning playing the same thing over

Move on.

Analiyze new figures but let the past rest already.

the interenet really was created for people to whine about things wasnt it?

WE get it people you dotn like hasbro ml's. Its been almost a year that you've been saying the sae thing over and over.

A broken record spinning playing the same thing over

Move on.

Analiyze new figures but let the past rest already.

the world is like that @firedevil@ hell of a place

The irony in all this makes me chuckle.

The critics of a company like Hasbro lambast it and its fans, calling them "optimistic and positive" as if it were a slur.

But isn't it the critics themselves that are the true optimists here--after all, here they are a year later STILL crying out about the product, STILL HOPING that it gets "better" or meets their standards.

If that happens for them, great, if it doesn't.............c'est la vie.

If a collector is not enjoying collecting the line, stop collecting it. Divert your money to something else.

The rest of us that enjoy it will carry on doing so.

Remember, there's no point feeling envious......if you hate the stuff, there's nothing to be envious of, right?

Why people feel the need to complain endlessly is beyond me, it accomplishes.......what?

I get the sense its like a "scorched earth" mentality on the part of the complainers. They aren't getting any joy, so their misery should be spread around so no-one else does either.

How mature is that? Hey, sure seems like that is what's going on.

The address for Hasbro Toys is on every package. EVERY one of them.

Write to THEM and complain--tell them what you do not like..........why take the "chance" that they will read it ( or not) here. Go straight to the source.

How many complainers do that?

In this thread, in this forum, on this site, I'd bet there's less than 10 people that have ever taken the time to actually write directly to complain about the Marvel Legends product. 10 out of 10,000 users.

That begs the question again, of what the point is about all the complaining.

If its to get the voice heard, its NOT going directly to the people that need to hear it--if its posted HERE.

If its to tell the rest of us that still buy the product and enjoy it...........why do we want to hear it?

Is it to spoil our enjoyment? Is it for childish attention?

The complainers are collectively impotent and pointless--because nothing, if anything, contructive is heard in their complaints. All that is heard, repeatedly, is the same dislike, the same venom, the same ignorance and the very same inability to move on.

Their glass is perpetually half empty and they damn well want everyone to know about it.

Why not drain the glass and get on with something else in life?

I have saved aload of money since Hasbro have taken over... My problem is totaly different i normaly pic up the fig's i like and sell/trade the 1's i dont if i want the BAF. I was normaly able to walk down to the shops by me and pick up the newer figures but now the "ONLY" place i see the new figure's is on E-bay which ends up costing me a me stupid money so i basicly now have stoped collecting ML's i dont mind using E-bay to get the new double packs of the Black Qween but after i expect to be able to pick up the F4 Spiderman and normal ML waves at Comic book shops at the very least.

It gets better i E-mailed there sites asking why i cant buy from them because im in the UK and the reply said that there products are on E-bay and other internet shops so i can still buy there products.

So thanks alot Hasbro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!