• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it not toybiz who sculpted

the movie ghost rider line

marvel legends serie 1 and 2

hydra soldiers

x3 figures

half of spiderman trilogy wave (since there where mostly repaints :P )

i still say thanks to toybiz for the work they have left and gave to hasbro.

hasbro hasnt done much for now. thats my point of view. repaints repaints repaints. thats what they did.

i realy thank hasbro for

the f4 wave.

super hero squad

for improving and listening to the fans.

Doesn't matter who sculpted it, it matters who released it.

And Hasbro pretty much did the Hydra soldiers from scratch. the released product isn't anything like what Toy biz showed off.

yeah, the half of the Spider-man wave that Toy Biz did is the half I DIDN'T like.

and...Clam, I have owned every Marvel Legends female except Box set Electra, Phoenix (ML6), FFC Invisible Woman, and the variants of Psylocke, Phoenix, Box Sue, and blue wasp.

Lets break down why all the others SUCKED:

-Electra: are you kidding?! those hips are terrible. and the face is ugly. this body is really just crap, anyway.

-Invisible Woman: she was taller than Reed. gross.

-Black Cat: again with the Electra hips. and the hair was ##$%$#ed.

-Black Widow: looks like trash.

-X23: works for the character, and thankfully wasn't used again, but by no means is a 12 year olds body "hot"

-Wasp and Spider-woman: These are some of my more favorite bodies, but She Hulk and Rachel still trump them. also, for Spider-Woman: MAN HANDS

-Mystique and Scarlet Witch: Mystique just kinda looks frumpy, and Scarlet Witch. God. you know all about that one.

-Invisible Woman Movie Body: this was good. I liked that it was used for Shadowcat, but it kinda only works for petite super-women.

-Ms. Marvel: the only one who actually benefited from the Electra body. still, the flat feet were dumb and I hate that I had to give her Wasp's feet later on.

-Storm: Saggy.

-Emma Frost: Diaper

-Deathstrike: ew.

-Psylocke: worked for about 3 months, then we got Wasp. the body is decent.

-XMC Rogue: I place this one as being AS good as She Hulk, mostly cause I think they were both done by the same person, and both bodies share uncanny resemblances to each other.

I think thats pretty much it.

Rachel is perfectly sculpted and exquisitely perfected. She and She Hulk are THE Best female ML ever, IMHO. She is just so smooth looking and the poseability is still pretty good. at the same time, the body of Jean Marvel Girl was kinda not as good, and just ended up not working. the body so far only works for Rachel (if they had just slightly resculpted some of it for Jean, I think it could have worked)

So, you know, bite me.

have a happy thanksgiving.

i think releasing it was the easy part of doing a figure. think about all the work on sculpting them. i gues everyone has a different point of view on this and thats ok be me. no long discussion on that. the hydra soldier is different thats true. they added much since he was suppose to be an accesory and not a figure. i buy hasbro figures. some i love, some i hate. the only thing i want them to increase is there paintings. the paintings do the job. specialy skin painting. i repaint every single one of them and they look amazingly perfect. you are right with the female bodys do. since hasbro took over they realy look like woman now. the icon jean (i bet will be released some time in the marvel line) is amazing.

Wow. I thought I'd piss someone off with that mindless zombie crack.

Nonsense. People like zombies!

I like how Hasbro has done legends, WAAAAY better than TB in terms of quality and not as bad of a chore to find figs without horrible paint apps.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any new ML figs in 6 months.

They seem to sell well when they initially hit, but before long they're dying on the pegs. And quite a bit more than most TB series did save series 11.

Of course, with Hasbro you can bet on increased production runs so who knows if these have really been all that profitable or not so far.

Doesn't matter who sculpted it, it matters who released it.

And Hasbro pretty much did the Hydra soldiers from scratch. the released product isn't anything like what Toy biz showed off.

yeah, the half of the Spider-man wave that Toy Biz did is the half I DIDN'T like.

and...Clam, I have owned every Marvel Legends female except Box set Electra, Phoenix (ML6), FFC Invisible Woman, and the variants of Psylocke, Phoenix, Box Sue, and blue wasp.

Lets break down why all the others SUCKED:

-Electra: are you kidding?! those hips are terrible. and the face is ugly. this body is really just crap, anyway.

-Invisible Woman: she was taller than Reed. gross.

-Black Cat: again with the Electra hips. and the hair was ##$%$#ed.

-Black Widow: looks like trash.

-X23: works for the character, and thankfully wasn't used again, but by no means is a 12 year olds body "hot"

-Wasp and Spider-woman: These are some of my more favorite bodies, but She Hulk and Rachel still trump them. also, for Spider-Woman: MAN HANDS

-Mystique and Scarlet Witch: Mystique just kinda looks frumpy, and Scarlet Witch. God. you know all about that one.

-Invisible Woman Movie Body: this was good. I liked that it was used for Shadowcat, but it kinda only works for petite super-women.

-Ms. Marvel: the only one who actually benefited from the Electra body. still, the flat feet were dumb and I hate that I had to give her Wasp's feet later on.

-Storm: Saggy.

-Emma Frost: Diaper

-Deathstrike: ew.

-Psylocke: worked for about 3 months, then we got Wasp. the body is decent.

-XMC Rogue: I place this one as being AS good as She Hulk, mostly cause I think they were both done by the same person, and both bodies share uncanny resemblances to each other.

I think thats pretty much it.

Rachel is perfectly sculpted and exquisitely perfected. She and She Hulk are THE Best female ML ever, IMHO. She is just so smooth looking and the poseability is still pretty good. at the same time, the body of Jean Marvel Girl was kinda not as good, and just ended up not working. the body so far only works for Rachel (if they had just slightly resculpted some of it for Jean, I think it could have worked)

So, you know, bite me.

have a happy thanksgiving.

I agree with ya(is Clam blind?) though i actually like Phoenix/Warbird body though(tis still my favorite except for the height problem) but yeah, Rachel alone beats more then half of TBs female sculpts, just sad that TB was(actually still is looking at Witchblade Ann O'Brian and Ahprodite) that AWFUL at getting the girls right.

Now as for is Hasbro saving me money this year, yes, on the Transformers brand, not the Marvel brand though, i've actually spent more on MLs this year then in past years and see my self continuing to do so, and yeah, no broken figure yet on the Hasbro side of things for me(knock on wood)

was it not toybiz who sculpted

the movie ghost rider line

marvel legends serie 1 and 2

hydra soldiers

x3 figures

half of spiderman trilogy wave (since there where mostly repaints :P )

i still say thanks to toybiz for the work they have left and gave to hasbro.

hasbro hasnt done much for now. thats my point of view. repaints repaints repaints. thats what they did.

i realy thank hasbro for

the f4 wave.

super hero squad

for improving and listening to the fans.

Well its a pretty well known fact both Toybiz and Hasbro go outsource their sculpts so we should really thank the individual sculptors who did those figures.

My question is this----What the hell do you do for a living CLAM34 and how do I get a job doing it? I mean wth buying 3 of each figure? Damn that is some serious cash to dish out. I by all means dont hurt to dish out 1 set for my shelves but 3? DAYAM!

i haven't saved much since hasbro took over the ML line. i was never really a fan of the bafs and the non-avengers figs, but with only 3 waves of MLs hitting the philippines, i was craving for my ML fix. so? i bought some old toys (toybiz) and built some bafs.. galactus, mojo, and now annihilus. along the way, i've got to buy unwanted figs like x3 beast and emma frost coz i cant find the baf parts that they have on ebay.ph. damn. i also started collecting some villains, and got myself a bullseye, loki, and ultron. i also started expanding my collection from only avengers members to the figs who look kinda cool to me. i grabbed an HML3 cyclops, HML3 bucky, HML2 ultimate wolvie, and a stupid-looking marvel girl (with cable, 2-pack). so, since hasbro got the ML line, i never saved some money. but i'm happy.

I'd like to thank Hasbro for rolling with the punches... Back during the summer, or towards the end of it this thread would have taken a completely different turn. I'm glad to see that once the people got the products in their hands, the nitpicking stopped!

Thank you Hasbro for Doing the; "Shake and Bake", "Rope-a-dope", "Juke Move" and other methods of random genius! Now if only we could work on the articulation thing?

I was just thinking about how dissappointed I am with the Hydra soldier. I haven't bought any, but if they were good, I would have 5-8 by now.

that made me realize that Hasbro saved me 50-80 bucks right there by making a crappy figure.

so I did some calculations to see how much money Hasbro has saved me in total by making inferior Marvel Legends....

I always bought two of each figure, three or more if they were favorites of mine.... so after adding it all up, Hasbro has saved me a whopping $990!!!!!!

or $1064.25 after taxes

(However, if these were Toybiz items, I would have bought them all... and it would have cost me about $792, or $851.40 after taxes.)

Hasbro has saved me at least ONE THOUSAND dollars! now, this doesn't even include the cost of my gas if I was hunting for them, as I would if they were worthwhile to me.

ALSO, this also only includes Hasbro 1-3, the FF and Spiderma build-a-series, and the 2-packs.... It does NOT include the Spiderman movie or Fantastic Four movie stuff, nor does it include the Spiderman classic stuff or Ghost Rider...

So actually, the total would have been MUCH higher, probably 1300-1500 bucks!

so should I really be angry that Hasbro ruined the Marvel Legends line??? Afterall, they have saved me probably 1400 bucks.

how much money has Hasbro saved you?

Hasn't your mother ever told you,if you have nothing smart too say don't say anything at all. This is one of those times. @pow@

I was just thinking about how dissappointed I am with the Hydra soldier. I haven't bought any, but if they were good, I would have 5-8 by now.

that made me realize that Hasbro saved me 50-80 bucks right there by making a crappy figure.

so I did some calculations to see how much money Hasbro has saved me in total by making inferior Marvel Legends....

I always bought two of each figure, three or more if they were favorites of mine.... so after adding it all up, Hasbro has saved me a whopping $990!!!!!!

or $1064.25 after taxes

(However, if these were Toybiz items, I would have bought them all... and it would have cost me about $792, or $851.40 after taxes.)

Hasbro has saved me at least ONE THOUSAND dollars! now, this doesn't even include the cost of my gas if I was hunting for them, as I would if they were worthwhile to me.

ALSO, this also only includes Hasbro 1-3, the FF and Spiderma build-a-series, and the 2-packs.... It does NOT include the Spiderman movie or Fantastic Four movie stuff, nor does it include the Spiderman classic stuff or Ghost Rider...

So actually, the total would have been MUCH higher, probably 1300-1500 bucks!

so should I really be angry that Hasbro ruined the Marvel Legends line??? Afterall, they have saved me probably 1400 bucks.

how much money has Hasbro saved you?

Tell me about. I skipped wave 3, ff wave and the uber crappy spiderman wave. Hasbro save me a ton of money. The last legends I bought was cannonball and domino. Hasbro got everything right with them.

BUZZZZ wrong, it would have cost just as much as the Hasbro figures cause they would have raised prices just as much(LCBH anyone?) well MAYBE the 2 packs would have saved you some money(i think the LCBH 2 packs are a dollar or two cheaper then the WM exclusive ML ones)

thanks again hasbro for not selling your figures.

i just came from a toystore in my town and guess what? i just saw the new line of spidey 5-insh figures. shokker, scorpion, mysterio and blackcat. yes they are not great but still i want them. i collect a lot of spidey stuff. so, there they are in a sort of aquarium like display and guess what? i cant buy them because they are not on shelf. just the first wave from the movie came out here. of course i asked the jabrony who works there , if i can get them and of course he doesnt know whats going on. he doesnt know when they come. if they come, whenever, whatever. most of the peaple who work in a toystore never know anything. so, he said to me he cant sell them because they are just for showing the figures and that hasbro takes them back later on. so i was pissed because i wanted those figures. i went to some other stores just to hope that maybe someone had them or at least one of them. no one had them. thanks again for all the driving i had to do hasbro.

this is for hasbro.

why showing your figs in front of my nose and not put them for sale? way to go wow.

i just came from a toystore in my town and guess what? i just saw the new line of spidey 5-insh figures. shokker, scorpion, mysterio and blackcat. yes they are not great but still i want them. i collect a lot of spidey stuff. so, there they are in a sort of aquarium like display and guess what? i cant buy them because they are not on shelf. just the first wave from the movie came out here. of course i asked the jabrony who works there , if i can get them and of course he doesnt know whats going on. he doesnt know when they come. if they come, whenever, whatever. most of the peaple who work in a toystore never know anything. so, he said to me he cant sell them because they are just for showing the figures and that hasbro takes them back later on. so i was pissed because i wanted those figures. i went to some other stores just to hope that maybe someone had them or at least one of them. no one had them. thanks again for all the driving i had to do hasbro.

this is for hasbro.

why showing your figs in front of my nose and not put them for sale? way to go wow.

Okay, I'm going to propose a wild, fantastic theory. Maybe, just maybe, because these are both new products, and because it's the busiest shopping time of the year, these figures are being bought up very quickly?

No, no, you're right. Clearly, Hasbro doesn't want to make money by selling toys. Your self-indulgent and nonsensical rant is valid. Or something.

this is for hasbro.

Okay, I'm going to propose a wild, fantastic theory. Maybe, just maybe, because these are both new products, and because it's the busiest shopping time of the year, these figures are being bought up very quickly?

No, no, you're right. Clearly, Hasbro doesn't want to make money by selling toys. Your self-indulgent and nonsensical rant is valid. Or something.

sure they wanna make money. who doesnt? if you wanna make money then release your figures and make money. not show them, no money in there i think. tell me about busiest time of the year. i work right in the middle of it. i work in a toyshop. i know how it works. same as the starwars figures. when the movie comes out then you find wave 1 and 2 everywhere. wave 3 to wave ?? never comes across the borders. except special stores with special prices. i bet that those figures never will see the light of day where i live and i think a lot of peaple here on this board are not seeing there figures at the stores, they want. what i am pissed about is every shop here is overloaded with spidey figs of wave 1 so why oh why should they order other figures when the shelfs are full of old waves. new products will come when the first ones are gone. they arent bought up very quickly. there would be a least one left somewhere. this is a kids line and not a marvel legends line. kids dont realy care about villains as a collector do. they want spiderman and one villain or two. the proof is out there. there are if not hundreds of venoms,sandmans,green goblins,rhinos,kravens,lizards left where i live. the spidermans (specialy black one) are mostly sold out here.

BUZZZZ wrong, it would have cost just as much as the Hasbro figures cause they would have raised prices just as much(LCBH anyone?) well MAYBE the 2 packs would have saved you some money(i think the LCBH 2 packs are a dollar or two cheaper then the WM exclusive ML ones)

uh..... NOPE.

you think Toybiz was going to raise the price of Legends by 2 bucks? @lol@

LCBH are 10 because they have to pay a higher license fee.... just like Hasbro does with ML

uh..... NOPE.

LCBH are 10 because they have to pay a higher license fee.... just like Hasbro does with ML

Haven forbid TB/Marvel Toys changes their price point?! In my area... LCBH is clocking in around $9-10 wherever they're being sold? But, I digress... Don't want to hijack someone's thread with positive thoughts

uh..... NOPE.

Damn, you hate Hasbro real bad don't you? You even have your own signature telling us how you hate their joints. Hmmmm.....

That gives me an idea...

Check it out Clam, my new signature.

I think you need to chill buddy, I mean, starting ANOTHER thread angry with Hasbro? Drawing attention to this topic over and over again is just redundent, let it go.

Yes! Curse you toybiz for the one figure that snaped right when I took it out of the package more or less & the other two that broke taking a very very long dive off my shelf! Curse you for the baf parts that did not fit & curse you for the figure I brought with a gimped leg that you then sent me replacements for! Curse you toybiz curse you! :P

with hasbro I am sad but have more cash

with toybiz I was broke but happy :D

Damn, you hate Hasbro real bad don't you? You even have your own signature telling us how you hate their joints. Hmmmm.....

That gives me an idea...

Check it out Clam, my new signature.

I think you need to chill buddy, I mean, starting ANOTHER thread angry with Hasbro? Drawing attention to this topic over and over again is just redundent, let it go.

man... I totally agree, Toybiz did have horrible quality control. I can't tell you how many times I saw a figure I wanted, but had to pass because the paint was really sloppy. And you also had to inspect every joint to make sure that they weren't deformed when the factory put them together. You couldn't even think about ordering a Toybiz figure online, site unseen, if you cared about having good figures in your collection.

I am not saying Toybiz was perfect, far from it. They had lots of flaws, and if you go search the old topics you will find that I didn't hesitate to speak out about those as well, nobody did. There was just as much bashing of the Toybiz Legends. Its not like this is somethng new. Nobody ever said that we should stop bashing Toybiz.

However, for some reason, people around here think Hasbro is holy. You can't say anything bad about Hasbro here. ( I used to think that way about Hasbro too... afterall, they did give us the perfect toyline in the 80's with GiJoe. But that was a long time ago).

I think it all boils down to the uneven opinions about Hasbro's product so far.

With Toybiz there was plenty of bashing, just as much as there is with Hasbro, but there was also tons of praise.

With Hasbro there are far more negative opinions about their products than there is praise.

But thats how things work. Soon Hasbro will figure out that the changes they have made to the line are not beneficial for the most part. We see signs of this all the time (they just announced that all figures for 08 will be 6 inchers, so no more 5 inch movie figures for Ironman). People will still complain just as much, they always do. But there will be far more praise than there is now, so it will be more even on the boards and people won't focus so much on the negative.

Its up to Hasbro really.

Not to get off topic but I just picked up the rest of HML3 today and I have to say, I am definitely seeing some improvement. The Colossus, whether you like movie figures or not, was quite well done. He has double jointed elbows and one hand even has individualized fingers. Cyclopss is well proportioned and articulated. Even Cap is better than I had thought. He has double jointed elbows! Sure Bucky sucks, but he's a repaint of a flawed figure Toy Biz had rushed into production to beat their losing the license. I wish the Hydra had double jointed elbows, but otherwise I am seeing some definite improvment with this line. Hasbro does seem to be listening to our feedback and incorporating our "suggestions".

However, for some reason, people around here think Hasbro is holy. You can't say anything bad about Hasbro here. ( I used to think that way about Hasbro too... afterall, they did give us the perfect toyline in the 80's with GiJoe. But that was a long time ago).

Yeahbuwha?

You can't say anything bad about Hasbro around here? I've seen almost nothing but saying things bad about Hasbro since I got here, to the point of total absurdity. Sorry, but that dog don't hunt.