Thank You Hasbro!

CLAM

I was just thinking about how dissappointed I am with the Hydra soldier. I haven't bought any, but if they were good, I would have 5-8 by now.

that made me realize that Hasbro saved me 50-80 bucks right there by making a crappy figure.

so I did some calculations to see how much money Hasbro has saved me in total by making inferior Marvel Legends....

I always bought two of each figure, three or more if they were favorites of mine.... so after adding it all up, Hasbro has saved me a whopping $990!!!!!!

or $1064.25 after taxes

(However, if these were Toybiz items, I would have bought them all... and it would have cost me about $792, or $851.40 after taxes.)

Hasbro has saved me at least ONE THOUSAND dollars! now, this doesn't even include the cost of my gas if I was hunting for them, as I would if they were worthwhile to me.

ALSO, this also only includes Hasbro 1-3, the FF and Spiderma build-a-series, and the 2-packs.... It does NOT include the Spiderman movie or Fantastic Four movie stuff, nor does it include the Spiderman classic stuff or Ghost Rider...

So actually, the total would have been MUCH higher, probably 1300-1500 bucks!

so should I really be angry that Hasbro ruined the Marvel Legends line??? Afterall, they have saved me probably 1400 bucks.

how much money has Hasbro saved you?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yknow I would think alot how ever it seems to be going some place else & I can not figure out where argh! Soopid collecting!!! :D :D

all in all I am sure I am saving $$$ though.... man tb was sure pimping out stuff like mad at the end there :D :D

ahh... fun times... most likely the most I have ever & will ever spend on one company in a year + !! I was just buying by the cases there and opening my doubles... though 14 , 15 & everything else after were harder to get including ICONS!

Some stuff I still don't have grrr!

I passed on 3 from HML 1 so $30 saved.

Passed on Spider-man 3 wave with exception of 2 figs so $60 saved

Passed up all the 5 inch FF and SM3 crap I probably would have bought if 6 inches so at least $200 there.

$290 saved

Bought:

3 figs from HML 1 $30

Blob Wave $80

A quicksilver and Yellow jacket for customs $20

FF Wave $80

4 from HML 3 $40

ML 2 packs $40

Black Queen $10

$280 total spent

So I'm ahead 10 bucks. I think I'll celebrate by buying an LCBH figure tomorrow. :)

I can honestly say that I've only bought three Hasbro ML's: Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, and Hydra Soldier. I wasn't all that pleased with Quicksilver and Hydra Soldier. Pietro gives off a very plasticy look in my opinion. I like his sculpt and articulation, hate the paint. Hydra Soldier just has awful articulation. I still like the figure though, but it wasn't what it could or should have been. It's possible to get him to hold his machine gun with two hands, however it's rather difficult. For the life of me I just cannot get him to hold his pistol right. Finally, I'm annoyed with the paint on mine. The H is very sloppy. I'll pick up more HML's that I've missed, but over all there hasn't been anything that they've put out that I've rushed to get. It's just not like Toybiz for me. It's not even close...I remember the days when I was drooling for up coming ML's lines and buying an entire series in one day. Ah Toybiz...good collecting times for me. Now I've almost stopped buying ML's entirely.....

Well, I'll admit that I bought the entire Annihilus and Blob waves for those BAFs, but happily passed on everyone in the Brood Queen wave except Black Knight.

I'm splitting the cost of the Nemesis Wave with a couple friends (who want the Punishers and Daredevils), and will most likely just sell the BAF afterwards. Nova, Tigra, Black Bolt, and The Hydra guy by default are the only ones I'm interested in.

So, if Hasbro keeps up the trend of X-related BAFs, then I'll happily be saving money...

...at least until the DC Classics line comes out at any rate. :D

Well, I have definitely cut back on my Marvel Legend purchases, but it's less to do with Hasbro's style, but more-so the choices of figures. And coupled with the fact that Star Wars is putting out so much and GI Joe is coming back in a big way I need to watch the funds and also it helps to find more space with 3-3/4" (although the fact that SW pumps out so many vehicles doesn't help). After Wave 2 I have bought 5 figures including FF, SP3, and HML 3. But in the end I returned them all because they sat in the package for over a month each.

So, is Hasbro saving me money? Nope. They are currently the only company (aside from the 2 LCBHs and 1 DCSH I purchased) getting any of my cash.

I did pass on the Spider-Man wave, except for the New Goblin which is really quite well done. That's probably $50 or $60 bucks. The New Goblin is a very well made figure, if you haven't checked it out. The only thing I would have liked to have seen done differently is the lack of an ab joint. Otherwise he had very good detailing and poseability.

That Hyrdra solider was a real disappointment. The prototype at SDCC had the double hinged elbows. I don't know why Hasbro would take such a back step by putting in that "new" crappy elbow for theirs.

I'm actually spending more on M.L. than ever before since I'm buying paint, apoxie sculpt and custom fodder to either redo the versions Hasbro releases or make my own that are compatable with my existing display.

and that's The Customizers Quote of the Day!!!

Seriously, I know better... Hasbro will have the License more than 5 years, all of the problem issues will be addressed and I will be able to cop these revised figures without regret. This is gonna be like ice skating uphill, but I'm tough... and I know how to ice skate!!!

I would like to thank Hasbro in an entirely different way:

Thanks hasbro, for:

a wave of Fantastic Four figures

An Amazing Doom

Giving us the one and only Stan Lee action figure

Rachel Summers, who could be the best female ML ever.

Thanks for the Spider-man Trilogy Wave (well, half of it was good, at least)

For the Hydra agents having alternate heads. and for them being released at all.

thanks for characters like Cannonball, Domino, Ronan, Queen Brood, Danger, and Demogoblin

Thank you for the Perfect She-Hulk, and then doing her over for the SDCC figure even better.

thanks for the X3 figures. I know we probably wouldn't have gotten them otherwise.

thanks for an awesome Quicksilver

thanks for listening to the fans, and for constantly improving your work.

thanks for FIVE waves of ML-styled figures in your first year.

thanks for some cool exclusives (black Queen, Cable)

thanks for the Movie Ghost Rider figures. those are pretty fun!

thanks for the fan polls.

thanks for Hasbrotoyshop.com

thank you, Hasbro, for the podcasts.

thank you for the Fantasticar. it wasn't intended for the right scale, but it still works.

thank you for Super Hero Squad. I don't collect it, because of my collecting budget, but I know a lot of people love these.

thank you for learning from your mistakes.

this thanksgiving, I would like to thank Hasbro for being the perfect company for the Marvel License. I know that a lot of the products I got this year would have been messed up or not released at all by Toy Biz. Hasbro is bold enough to go their. and its awesome.

I would like to thank Hasbro in an entirely different way:

Thanks hasbro, for:

a wave of Fantastic Four figures

An Amazing Doom

Giving us the one and only Stan Lee action figure

Thanks for the Spider-man Trilogy Wave (well, half of it was good, at least)

For the Hydra agents having alternate heads. and for them being released at all.

thanks for characters like Cannonball, Domino, Ronan, Queen Brood, Danger, and Demogoblin

Thank you for the Perfect She-Hulk, and then doing her over for the SDCC figure even better.

thanks for the X3 figures. I know we probably wouldn't have gotten them otherwise.

thanks for an awesome Quicksilver

thanks for listening to the fans, and for constantly improving your work.

thanks for FIVE waves of ML-styled figures in your first year.

thanks for some cool exclusives (black Queen, Cable)

thanks for the Movie Ghost Rider figures. those are pretty fun!

thanks for the fan polls.

thanks for Hasbrotoyshop.com

thank you, Hasbro, for the podcasts.

thank you for the Fantasticar. it wasn't intended for the right scale, but it still works.

thank you for Super Hero Squad. I don't collect it, because of my collecting budget, but I know a lot of people love these.

thank you for learning from your mistakes.

this thanksgiving, I would like to thank Hasbro for being the perfect company for the Marvel License. I know that a lot of the products I got this year would have been messed up or not released at all by Toy Biz. Hasbro is bold enough to go their. and its awesome.

Well said. All the negativity and flame posts are so said. I would like to thank Hasbro for the fact that they are not making crappy plastic toys like TB was doing!! No breakage problems anymore!!

Draven

was it not toybiz who sculpted

the movie ghost rider line

marvel legends serie 1 and 2

hydra soldiers

x3 figures

half of spiderman trilogy wave (since there where mostly repaints :P )

i still say thanks to toybiz for the work they have left and gave to hasbro.

hasbro hasnt done much for now. thats my point of view. repaints repaints repaints. thats what they did.

i realy thank hasbro for

the f4 wave.

super hero squad

for improving and listening to the fans.

Thanks hasbro, for:

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

do you even own any other ML female figures?

@loll@

was it not toybiz who sculpted

the movie ghost rider line

marvel legends serie 1 and 2

hydra soldiers

x3 figures

half of spiderman trilogy wave (since there where mostly repaints :P )

i still say thanks to toybiz for the work they have left and gave to hasbro.

hasbro hasnt done much for now. thats my point of view. repaints repaints repaints. thats what they did.

i realy thank hasbro for

the f4 wave.

super hero squad

for improving and listening to the fans.

Doesn't matter who sculpted it, it matters who released it.

And Hasbro pretty much did the Hydra soldiers from scratch. the released product isn't anything like what Toy biz showed off.

yeah, the half of the Spider-man wave that Toy Biz did is the half I DIDN'T like.

and...Clam, I have owned every Marvel Legends female except Box set Electra, Phoenix (ML6), FFC Invisible Woman, and the variants of Psylocke, Phoenix, Box Sue, and blue wasp.

Lets break down why all the others SUCKED:

-Electra: are you kidding?! those hips are terrible. and the face is ugly. this body is really just crap, anyway.

-Invisible Woman: she was taller than Reed. gross.

-Black Cat: again with the Electra hips. and the hair was ##$%$#ed.

-Black Widow: looks like trash.

-X23: works for the character, and thankfully wasn't used again, but by no means is a 12 year olds body "hot"

-Wasp and Spider-woman: These are some of my more favorite bodies, but She Hulk and Rachel still trump them. also, for Spider-Woman: MAN HANDS

-Mystique and Scarlet Witch: Mystique just kinda looks frumpy, and Scarlet Witch. God. you know all about that one.

-Invisible Woman Movie Body: this was good. I liked that it was used for Shadowcat, but it kinda only works for petite super-women.

-Ms. Marvel: the only one who actually benefited from the Electra body. still, the flat feet were dumb and I hate that I had to give her Wasp's feet later on.

-Storm: Saggy.

-Emma Frost: Diaper

-Deathstrike: ew.

-Psylocke: worked for about 3 months, then we got Wasp. the body is decent.

-XMC Rogue: I place this one as being AS good as She Hulk, mostly cause I think they were both done by the same person, and both bodies share uncanny resemblances to each other.

I think thats pretty much it.

Rachel is perfectly sculpted and exquisitely perfected. She and She Hulk are THE Best female ML ever, IMHO. She is just so smooth looking and the poseability is still pretty good. at the same time, the body of Jean Marvel Girl was kinda not as good, and just ended up not working. the body so far only works for Rachel (if they had just slightly resculpted some of it for Jean, I think it could have worked)

Thanks, Hasbro! I can buy Marvel Legends for $9.99 from your site instead of paying $99.99 on ebay. Thanks for the best Dr. Doom figures and thanks for using sturdy plastic (no more broken legends!!). However, I must pop you upside the head for the bad joint articulation and dropping the ball (joint) on Namor and many others. Another pop for the tiny build a figures. Ronan is barely taller than Thor. Look at Pitt and Monkeyman for crying out loud.

Good start, Hasbro, but thanks for being willing to listen to our rants. I think you know we want the Wrecking Crew, Firestar and another Namor, right? RIGHT? :)

Hasbro has saved me alot of money also because I use to buy at least 3 cases of each wave but now I don't even buy whole waves anymore. I know if Hasbro compared their ML sales to TB they would see they're getting the short end of the deal. Stop making lifeless and ugly figures and more people will buy them. TB wasn't perfect but they were damn better than Hasbro. TB spoiled us and Hasbro has big shoes to fill. TB had more hits than misses and Hasbro has more misses than hits. @firedevil@

really, honestly what is the point of these topics?

We get it you hate the hasbro figures, we've heard a million times already, it gets real old. I personaly like series 3, I think the rachel looks great....IMO the women in the past looked real bad, skinny arms and real flimsy.

So honestly could you guys quit with the I hate hasbro topics like every other day, every other topic that mentions figures. sure when new figures are introduced state ur opinion, there is no point in complaining about series 1 or 2 or things that have been out for months.

Toybiz wasnt God, theyve become a martyr or something, Toybiz did no wrong ever!!!!!!!!

which is BS cuz we can all go back and look at the topics of how people b**ched about toybiz figures back in the day too.

So come on guys move on.